Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Toronto FC 2007

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toronto FC

Hmm... Only 2.5 minutes for Navaro to pull his first yellow. Looking to be the star of the game, I imagine.

Good broadcasting so far.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe I'm wasting my 10,000th post on this but it's nice to see Maurizio making a meal of another game :D

I'm actually enjoying the commentary on CBC, not bad (it's being streamed live on CBC.ca as well: Streams - Soccer - Sports - CBC.ca

Stadium looks nice - would look better if it were real grass :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dichio makes for a great target man in this league.
Good to see the crowd buzzing.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe I'm wasting my 10,000th post on this but it's nice to see Maurizio making a meal of another game :D

I'm actually enjoying the commentary on CBC, not bad (it's being streamed live on CBC.ca as well: Streams - Soccer - Sports - CBC.ca

Stadium looks nice - would look better if it were real grass :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Commentary was good, stadium looked fine, a little sterile for my taste. There is a reason why Maurizio is not permitted to ref VMSL games.

Shocking coverage on the goal. The defence was porous and Sutton looked awful. Someone needs to show those boys how Cannavaro angles off attackers. Makes it much easier for the keepers.

I did not like the tone of the halftime interview with the MLS president. It sounded like they were going to expand by 3 teams by 2010 and that Vancouver was something they would like to think about in the future, i.e. it sounded like AFTER the next round of expansion. Thank you Vancouver City Council and the Gastown Residents Association. You have managed to really fcuk things up.

Any thoughts?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would they let Vancouver in when you have a shower of shite like Toronto at the moment? They really are pathetic and it's great to see that cnut fail early on..........

There sure were A LOT of petty yellow cards given out.

Mauricio in Charge CSC :rolleyes:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great crowd. They were more into the game than the players. I guess when you live in T.O., you get used to supporting losing teams...:rolleyes::D

CBC's coverage wasn't bad - beats the hell out of Gerry or Vic calling a game. Craig needs to learn when to stop though. The camera operators must have been frustrated - no stability on any of the long-range closeups...

Yes, Dichio is a target man. Mostly for referees, it appears. Wonder how long he and Jim Brennan will last before they want out of the insanity?

No MLS team for Vancouver for a long time yet...no stadium, no hope.

Trece

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love to see Toronto being shite as well. As I was watching the game, I was thinking to myself as I flipped between the Blowjays game and the F.C. game why can't/don't VAncouver have anyother Pro sports teams other then the Canucks (the B.C. Lions and Whitecaps don't count) I mean why don't we have anyother teams that play in the other Main leagues from the States like the MLB. I know the NBA didn't work here but that had nothing to do with the fans, it had more to do with the shady owner. And I know the NFL doesn't have any teams outside the States. But are you telling me People in Vancouver wouldn't get behind a NFL Football team? and last I think the MLS would work in Vancouver. anyway just a thought.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KH, this might be biased but personally the Lions have been in a league that has been around for 80 years or something so to say that they don't count is funny to me. I know no one outside of Canada give's a shite about the CFL but seriously how high in the USA rankings is MLS soccer? Maybe 1 or 2% more interest now cause of the Beckham signing in LA, but realisticly texas hold'um still has higher tv ratings than soccer in the US!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many cards did he end up dishing out anyway? :confused:
27 "fouls" and only 5 cards... all in a days work. :rolleyes:

Toronto FC Kansas City Wizards
total shots: 7 (5 tied with 1) 12 (Eddie Johnson 5)
shots on goal: 3 (3 tied with 1) 4 (Eddie Johnson 3)
fouls: 27 (Maurice Edu 8) 17 (Jose Burciaga Jr. 4)
offsides: 1 (Maurice Edu 1) 3 (Eddie Johnson 3)
corner kicks: 5 (Kevin Goldthwaite 4) 5 (Jose Burciaga Jr. 5)
saves: 3 (Greg Sutton 3) 3 (Kevin Hartman 3)

Misconduct Summary:
TOR -- Andrew Boyens (caution; Reckless Foul) 3
TOR -- Danny Dichio (caution; Reckless Foul) 23
KC -- Jose Burciaga Jr. (caution; Professional Foul) 44
KC -- Kerry Zavagnin (caution; Reckless Foul) 70
KC -- Davy Arnaud (caution; Tackle from Behind) 73

referee: Mauricio Navarro
Referee's Assistants: Amato DeLuca; Hector Vergara
4th official: Abiodun Okulaja
time of game: 1:52
attendance: 20,148
weather: Cloudy -and- 50 degrees

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was also running the line at this game. Go figure :rolleyes:

Funny thing about the cards dished out... the last yellow handed to KC was a straight red in my books, did anyone else not think so? (massive elbow to the head that would make WAB go "nice")

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are these new terms now? :confused: Reckless foul.....professional foul......

What happened to the good old "Unsporting Behaviour"? :)

Hmmmmmmm, I guess as you go up in 'class' , you can write what you want in reports.........

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A possible Canadian striker to line-up with Dichio?

Fulham Let Radzinski Go
Skysports

Fulham have released Tomasz Radzinski, while on-loan striker Vincenzo Montella has gone back to Roma.

Following his permanent appointment as Fulham manager, Lawrie Sanchez has made decisions on the future of his out-of-contract players.

Sanchez has allowed Radzinski to leave Craven Cottage, after the Canadian attacker rejected an appearance-based contract midway through the season.

No further offer was made to Radzinski, who scored twice in 35 Premiership appearances during Fulham's battle to avoid relegation.

Claus Jensen was offered a similar deal to Radzinski and has also left the club after criticising Sanchez's tactics earlier in the week.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0