Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Top LP/CD of 2001

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Candidates for Top LP of the year...
"electric pocket radio" - The Incredible Moses Leroy
and the one to beat...
"fat chance" - Biscuit Boy:cool:

hedKandi

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
super....

I like this thread. I look forward to the wops wading in with their Tragically Hip nominations or, for the more refined pasta-botherers, Eros Ramazzotti. Whatever happened to Cicciolina, by the way?

Now, where was I? Right.

Although it came out in 2000 (I think), Private Road by Bent is up there for me. And, frankly, it should be for you lot as well. Heathens. Get Ready by New Order is a fine disc as is Buckfast's nod to the doyens of dance, Way out West and their Intensify album if only for the gorgeous slice of progressive house that is The Fall.

You are, of course, bang to rights, Hed old boy, in keeping Biscuit Boy prominently displayed and in contention for album of the year. I know Paul Heaton'd be chuffed to bits to have been flatly ignored by everyone on the planet save for two sad cnuts on www.takethepiss.com. Maybe he'll write a song about us? No one deals better with lonliness and despair and if you can name me a better place than this for that I'll shake your hand. If you can follow that last sentence you're doing well and all.

S Club 7 just won best single of 2001 for 'Don't Stop Moving' beating out Kylie by the slimmest of margins. Taking their advice literally, Sweet Fanny Adams and I have moved each week since the single came out and it's getting to be a bit of a bastard unpacking and then swiftly re-packing all these fcuking boxes. I look forward to their long-awaited follow-up 'You Can Stop Moving Now you Sad, Unfunny Twat'.

Come on all you garlic-fanciers, what did Gino Vanelli do this past year? Does his fast car still look better in the shade? What does a massive plonker like Zenga listen to? Other than his Berlitz 'English 1-2-3' cassettes which have clearly been left too long in the sun.

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best album in 2001

I would have to say that this years best CD has got to be

System of a Down - Toxicity

L=Chighlyrecomendsthiscdforeveryyone:)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

David Gray's 'White Ladder', despite the fact it originally came out on 8-track format in 1976, is worth a shout for album of 2001-2002 simply because it's when I finally got around to downloading the fcuking thing. 'Please Forgive Me' is an earnest, desperate, yearning and mournful slice of musical solitude. Or something.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Another Candidate should be "Outrospective" by Faithless.

Good Album, well produced and delicate offerings from Zoe Johnston the girl from Bent, Biscuit Boy.
"We come 1" is a slam.

BTW, Fasty.
Kylie's music is shite. Her new tune sounding like Ace of Base:eek: but she is still my short short girlfriend;) Every new video she makes, she wears less and less clothing, and as I said to her " I don't mind dear, as long as you feel you are stretching your artistic talent by getting your kit off, I am Happy, keep on moving!":D ;) :D

and as for S Club, please fcuking help them.
What must go through these teen pop sensations minds? " Ah yes, we feel that we are bringing Art to a stadium of screaming 12 to 14 year olds":rolleyes:

Well well, Bugger my lugs:eek:

hedKandi

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maxi Jazz.....

Hed, Outrospective is a good 'un and We Come 1 was a Top Choon before you came along. That fcuker could take small Latin American countries to pieces. Blair should send the thing out to Afghanistan with a big fcuk off bass bin and a bucket of disco biscuits. Maxi Jazz was just involved in a shocking car crash so Faithless have cancelled on their upcoming 'gigs'. Shame. Liontamer is my favourite. For obvious vocal reasons.

I didn't know Kylie made music.

Leave S Club alone, they're pawns in a merciless high-stakes game. Probably.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would nominate Groove Armada's "Goodbye Country" (hello nightclub) for this honor, if for nothing else than the inclusion of the inconic Jeru the Damaja on the CD. Its bucka buntress. Wylla, binnian styla.

Other choices include:

"Nathaniel Merriweather Presents: Lovage - Music to Make Love to your Old Lady By"

DJ Z-Trip and Radar "Live at the Future Primitive Soundsession vol.2"

Whatever the hell the name of the Sigur Ros album is...something Icelandic surely. Brooding, melancholic chamber music.

and, yes, Marley Marl's latest - "Re-Entry". Get it. Get it now.

funkdafied,
-Sensei.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob's nominees

TheRob has a few CD's that he thinks deserve recognition. In no particular order, they are:

Tool-Lateralus, Great CD from a very distraught and angry bunch of fellows.
Watchmen-Fast Forward, Not sure why they changed their sound, but I like the CD anyway.
MGB-The Audio of Being, Willy will have something to say about this. Fact is, this is an excellent CD. Probably their best yet. Does anyone know if they actually did break up?
U2-All That You Can't Leave Behind, Can't remember if it came out in late 2000, or 2001. An incredible CD nonetheless followed by an amazing show at GM Place.

I'm sure I'll get pissed on for this list, but hey, to each his own. Right?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk's sake...

Did you buy an LP this year, Jinks? I'm dying to know your views on this matter.

My money's on The Beta Band, Fastshow.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fever

Starsailor 'Love Is Here' - 2 thumbs up!
and others that should be talked about around the Tea Urn;)...
The Strokes, Gorillaz, Rufus Wainright and I know this released late in the UK 2000, but here in the Wild West:rolleyes: we got it this year "since I left you" The Avalanches.

Yes to U2 and Beta Band

have fun go mad

hedKandi

M

MCG

faithless

I would have to agree with HedKandi on the Faithless nomination. The latest Tricky CD wasn't half bad either.

yellowmac

Dec 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top CD's of 2001

Here's my top CD list for the year:

not in any particular order,

New Order - Get Ready
Mercury Rev - All is Dream
Jamiroquai - A Funk Odyssey
Beta Band - Hot Shots 2
Radiohead - Amnesiac
Travis - The Invisible Band
Coldplay - Parachutes
Gorillaz - Gorillaz
Dandy Warhols - 13 Tales from Urban Bohemia
Waterboys - A Rock in a Weary Land

Listening to Jamiroquai at the moment and enjoying it very much. I was never much of a Jamiroquai fan before but saw an interview with him on Much Music and he was quite an interesting character! I think this album has a lot to offer.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oi!

Yellowmac,

Way to go for the choices except one small minor detail is that Coldplay was released in 2000

Jamiroquai, Mmmm Yes, they bring that cheesy disco sound and give it a new edge. Yes J Kay is interesting, especially if you have seen him live. He is a total showman. A total dube prince.

Didgin' Out

hedKandi:cool:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
superdupes....

Yellowmac,

Good choices though I'd argue the toss about Jamiroquai. 'Interesting character' is a very generous way to describe him. If that twat in the hat was here right now I'd fcuking batter him. I would, honestly. Anyone who cheats on Denise Van Outen and then continues releasing the same song every other week deserves to be the subject of my absolute derision. So there.

I'd forgotten about that Radiohead album.

The Lazy Dog compo released this year was sexy house at it's finest.

The 'Back to Mine' Faithless did was a good 'un as well.

'When We Were Young' by Dusted was an exrtraordinary album in 2001 too. Rollo out of Faithless was the man behind it. Dusted also came in with a stomping remix of 'Swollen' by Bent. Sex.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good One!

Nice one, Fasty.

Lazy Dog was pure class. Ben Watt is pure genius.

Back to Mine - Everything But The Girl. Once again, Ben Watt putting together another medley of bang-on dance tunes. It brings in all sorts of genres from Hip Hop to a 70's tune. Brilliant.

yellowmac

Dec 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks

Hedkandi,

I must get The Avalanches - Since I Left You. There was a great review of it in Q magazine. Also, would like to pick up StarSailor. I think they're opening for The Charlatans at the Commodore on Jan. 18 so will be seeing them then.

Thanks for the recommendations,

YM

...it can't fail to brighten your day

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back to Mine...

...for a chill out and listen to what really makes us tick!

The whole series is very good. Ben Watt, Faithless and Morcheeba's. Tasty.

Oh yes the Tanto Tempo remixes by Bebel Gilberto.

life's a beach

hedKandi

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts