Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tonite: Spain U/20s vs BC University Team

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The email re: the game tonight says the rest of the list follows but I didn't get it.

6 SFU Players to Face Spain U-20

Burnaby, B.C. – Six members of the Simon Fraser University Clan men’s soccer team have been selected to play as part of a BC University Team for a friendly against the Under-20 Spanish National Team, as part of Team Spain's preparation for the FIFA Under-20 World Cup which begins on June 30, across Canada. The game will take place on Wednesday, June 27, at BCIT, beginning at 5 pm.

The six members selected to the team from SFU are Thomas Lindley (Seabright, N.S.), Luca Bellisomo (Johannesburg, South Africa), Justin Carvery (Surrey, B.C.), Scott McEachern (Langley, B.C.), Stefano Pannu (Burnaby, B.C.) and Colin Strechmann (Burnaby, B.C.).

The team consists of student-athletes from Trinity Western University, the University of British Columbia and SFU. Here is the complete list of athletes involved in the friendly.

Courtesy of Scott Mclean, SFU Athletics Media Relations

SFU MEN'S SOCCER
PRIDE * PASSION * TRADITION

*this email has been delivered to over 340 SFU soccer alumni & friends -
to un-subscribe, please reply with DELETE MY EMAIL as the subject

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game is cancelled. Was about to leave to watch, and a friend that was playing told me Spain has cancelled because they didn't like the field or something like that. too bad....

LION

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game is cancelled. Was about to leave to watch, and a friend that was playing told me Spain has cancelled because they didn't like the field or something like that. too bad....

LION

I stopped by to find this out. Either it was a bad field or it was that the grass was too long- the latter is what I heard.

I watched them scrimmage full length with their own team. Some nice players.

You'd think that the field conditions would have been checked out to meet the visitors standards well ahead of today.

I am sure it would be good if kids and coaches knew where/when these teams were training.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goes to show you how spoiled these fcken teams are??? Put your cleats on and play the game pansies. Picture Canada's team doing this.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They could have just gone across the street to Willingdon Detention Centre, the field there has been prepared to exacting Saturday Soccer standards.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What an absolute embarrassment. They couldn't find a field in this fcuking city to play on?? Todd Field, Fox Field, what state are they in these days?? absolute joke!!:mad:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Send them home then and don't come back if our standards are not high enough for these idiots.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently, Zambia was playing Whitecaps U18 team up at SFU tonight. At dinner, one of the Columbus guys came late and said it was 2-0 for Zambia. They look 'pretty quick' -- but a couple years stonger for sure.

Great experience for our young guys I'll bet. Although I played with John Georges Balla from Cameroon (I'm sure some remember him -- SFU/Washington Bullets), never played an African team. It would no doubt be a lot of fun, they are probably all pretty smooth on the ball.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't seen BCIT field. But I can understand a team about to enter a WC tourney, not wanting to have some one turn an ankle in a tune up game, on a field that maybe dodgy! What's terrible is, that we can't supply these guy's pitches that they are used too, for prep! If they saw the pitch in the day's prior to the game, then bailing is bullshit.

With the way this tourney has been promoted, it wouldn't surprise me that their first glance was when they got off the bus at BCIT! That would be typical CSA!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J's right; Willingdon's fields are impeccable - we've maintained them ourselves.:D

Basically just sounds like gamesmanship - a lot of the practice fields in Spain shown on telly don't look too great either.

Trece

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts