Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Today's Poll Question - Referee's and the rules they love to make

What makes ref do what ref do?

• Total voters

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is it with these guys? Is it not enough for them to regulaly miss obvious hand balls, off-sides and tackles from behind that they have to go and try and make the game more difficult than it already is?

I've come to the conclusion that Referee’s, with too much time on their hands and who don't find the basics of the game enough to keep 'em busy through an entire 90 make up some of the most absurd rules I've ever seen. They alone have to produce this shite because no player in his right mind, or HoS would ever think this shite up. I’ve also come to the conclusion that with too much time on my hands can make up some of the most absurd poll questions, case in point, but take this little gem from a referees test for example :

1. A goalkeeper takes a goal kick against a strong wind. The ball leaves the penalty area and is blown back into goal. What’s the call?

Is it either:

a) A goal
b) Re-take of the goal kick
c) A corner kick
d) Indirect free kick for the opposing team where the ball left the penalty area.

Yes, because this happens all the time doesn’t it? They answer is C by the way.

What possesses the referee to come up with this? Are they like the fat kid who craves attention but doesn’t know how to get it other than to just be fat? Or like the little boy who just sent orders to GI Joe (kung-fu grip of course) to burn down Barbie dream house with that cheating bitch Barbie and he edgy new boy friend Ken inside, right after he wrights skank in spray paint on the hood of her pink fcuking corvette? Or was that just me? Why do refs come up with these types of rules? Please feel free to post any other reasons why they would make up such crazy rules and actually test them selves on it. Silly bastards that they are.

A couple more to ponder while you make your decision.
When the ball is about to be dropped within the penalty area a defending player nuts an opponent before the ball touches the ground. What action does the referee take?
A player, other than the goalkeeper, standing in his own penalty area holding a shin guard, hits the ball with his shin guard to prevent it entering the goal. What action does the referee take?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS. off topic, but just for Sliver

COLE SLAW, COLD SLAW
The reason cole slaw became as popular a side dish as it did in America was due to NYC deli owner Richard Hellmann's 1903 creation of a formula for bottled mayonnaise, which he began marketing in 1912. It became a bestseller, quick and easy to use as a dressing for shredded cabbage, which thereafter became a standard side dish to the increasingly popular sandwiches and hamburgers in American kitchens.

Cole slaw (cold slaw) got it's name from the Dutch 'kool sla' - 'kool' is cabbage and 'sla' is salad - meaning simply, cabbage salad. In English, that became 'cole slaw' and eventually 'cold slaw'. The original Dutch 'kool sla' was most likely served hot.
Figures the Dutch had a hand in it...

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys don't have it so bad!

In the MWSL they assign us all the half-dead, old, chauvinistic, perverted, fat, lazy, blind ref's that never leave the centre circle... they are seriously all the men's rejected referee's! It sucks! :mad:

I think all referee's are on some kind of power trip cause they got the shite end of the stick throughout their lives! (sorry, no offence Walks! ;) )

Spazz
stillamazesmearefcancalloffsidefromthecentreline!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quote:
When the ball is about to be dropped within the penalty area a defending player nuts an opponent before the ball touches the ground. What action does the referee take?

Quote:
A player, other than the goalkeeper, standing in his own penalty area holding a shin guard, hits the ball with his shin guard to prevent it entering the goal. What action does the referee take?

First of all, why would there be a drop ball inside the box. That does not happen. Assuming he sees the action, it is an automatic red but does not award a penalty shot because the play is considered 'dead'. Play would be started by the drop ball. Of course, I just made this up because this never happened in Guatemala, where I got my ticket.

I would guess in the second scenario that the player would be cautioned for not having his shin pad in and there would be an indirect kick at the spot of the offense. A penalty is too logical and since he didn't use his hand, it may not be deemed a hand ball. However, the question must be asked.....Is the shin pad an extension of the hand? In Guatemala, I don't think so.. :) Once again, these are guesses because the chances of them happening are about as good the Captain playing or reffing a game without physically hurting.

What are the answers anyway?

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb, you forgot about the most glaring call of the night last night. Remember their PK. Yes Rene's foor is about waist high and their forward dives to the ball? What does the ref do? He blow a foul with arm up in the air to signal an indirect freekick, inside the box. So what does he proceed to do? He starts counting out for a PK :confused: . Brick men set up for taking the Pk, refs arm is still in the air which prompts Millar to beak off again :D " if you are signalling for an indirect kick why are you giving them a PK?" The refs great response. " i'm just making sure you guys all stay back :confused: while he is pretty much standing almost behind the net!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0