Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Things that make you say WTF?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gotta say, my safe haven, Pt. Bob is such a safe place. But, since this shitshow started a couple years ago, people from all over the US moved here as it was documented many times as the "safest place in the US". In 23 years, there has not been one gun incident that I am aware of. I have heard a few shot off in the woods near where I live. People leave their houses open and keys in the car. Anyways, a new angry dude shows up and is poaching fallen trees for firewood on private property and then goes to the golf course to harvest some, and because he is a world class asswipe, he gets into an argument with the grounds keeper manager who has been here forever and has single-handedly kept the course alive through all this. The dude takes off with the wood. And so later, golf guy goes to his house and confronts him - Point Roberts style (name calling first, then the threat of a shot to the head, and finally if it isn't solved, a good old fashioned fight). Angryman lifts his shirt to show his concealed gun, which I now have learned he carries everywhere, all the time. This dude gives my wife the 3-alarm creeps and has pissed many, many people off down here. So, how do you get a gun out of the hands of an angry man? Trust me, Canada rocks, even though in the last 2 decades, many guns have shown up, but still the masses do not have guns. On this one alone, never mind all the rest, Canada faking' rocks.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Illinois shooter tried to commit suicide a couple years ago. Officials treated it as mental illness case. Last year he threatened to kill his family. Then he was able to buy 5 guns, legally.
Glad I live in Canada.

That's the place for some real compromise between the 2A crowd and the anti-gun crowd. Background checks are totally appropriate as it putting someone on the do not sell list if there is a legitimate public safety reason for doing so. The 2A crowd needs to figure out that they lost a ton of credibility when they fight that - and some of them do...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just found a new retirement job idea.
Why wait RF? You were made for this!

tom kenny police GIF by NETFLIX

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mainstream media don't want to cover stories from enviro groups unless they do something dramatic like blocking highways. On Monday 3 local enviro groups put out a press release about Trans Mountain destroying a sensitive wetland near Bridal Veil Falls but no coverage on TV, radio or print. Story is doing well on social media.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mainstream media don't want to cover stories from enviro groups unless they do something dramatic like blocking highways. On Monday 3 local enviro groups put out a press release about Trans Mountain destroying a sensitive wetland near Bridal Veil Falls but no coverage on TV, radio or print. Story is doing well on social media.

Right, the mainstream media underreports on the "climate crisis". The eco warriors don't take up enough bandwith. That's the problem, not runaway inflation and a looming recession. Got it.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I apologize for not being clearer to everyone. I should have written better press releases then maybe it would have gotten coverage. I should have made a better petition to save wetland. I should have submitted a better complaint to the Canada Energy Regulator (CER) so it would not have been rejected. Finally, I should have ensured that the formal notice of motion submitted to the CER was better documented.

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
participation trophies. people aren't used to being told no, or that their ideas are batshit and/or detrimental to the social order. we've capitulated to raging narcissism, essentially...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts