Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Things that make you say WTF?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Possibly - after 30 or 40, it does seem more like a sport than a criminal incident.

It depends how many officers are shooting. High speed chases where shots are fired at the police tend to get backup there pretty fast. They're using lethal force to deal with immediate and serious danger - they're shooting to kill and they're going to make sure they do so. One cop 60 times, yeah I'd have questions. Half a dozen unloading into a violent criminal ten times each? Don't see a problem with that whatsoever...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Media pointed out that the brother's social media pages reveal they hate Trudeau and they hate Covid vaccine restrictions imposed by government. And they hate police and banks.
Fortunately these people are in the minority.
Lots of people have all of those checked marked. Surprisingly there hasn't been more potential bank robbing murderers on the loose. :rolleyes:

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me fix that for you.

The person led the police on a high-speed chase.

The person shot at the police during that high-speed chase.

The gun was found inside the car.

It was not in his hand at the precise second the police used lethal force on him.

Those are the facts - we know this because the police have released the video evidence already. Despite CNN's best (and diabolically evil) attempts to paint this as an unarmed black man being shot for no good reason by the police, the reality is far, far from this.

On the other hand, there was a shooting at an Independence Day parade in Illinois today. Five dead, so far. You won't see mention of it anywhere other than at Fox News. However, those people are far, far more deserving of our sympathy than the dude in Akron who fcuked around and found out...
If the victim did shoot at the police during the car chase, then why didn't they just blast him as soon as he jumped out of the vehicle.

Why chase after him on foot trying to taser him while knowing he just shot at you with a real gun from the car?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the victim did shoot at the police during the car chase, then why didn't they just blast him as soon as he jumped out of the vehicle.

Why chase after him on foot trying to taser him while knowing he just shot at you with a real gun from the car?

They'll still have to look into the circumstances of the application of deadly force; I think the police get a lot of leeway in this kind of situation but I certainly agree that shooting someone who is running away without a gun raises some fairly serious questions. Whether they can be answered satisfactorily is an open question.

My point was that neither of the media nor PV's summary were remotely accurate...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for Highland Park, there was nothing on it on CNN this morning... they started reporting on it about the time the police announced they were looking for an "18-20 year old white man"... I'll leave it to everyone to draw their own inferences, or not...

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure glad I live in Canada and not just because Labatts has a beer named "Canadian". We may have as many crazies as the US on a per capita basis but the limits on guns makes it a lot safer here.

It will also be calmer here because our laws allowing women the right to choose has not been thrown out by our Supreme Court.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is my new summary after looking at a map... The world is flat. Hopefully making that statement gets me admission to the secret world of anti vaxxers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure glad I live in Canada and not just because Labatts has a beer named "Canadian". We may have as many crazies as the US on a per capita basis but the limits on guns makes it a lot safer here.

It will also be calmer here because our laws allowing women the right to choose has not been thrown out by our Supreme Court.
wild take. remarkable.

Reactions: PV

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Illinois shooter tried to commit suicide a couple years ago. Officials treated it as mental illness case. Last year he threatened to kill his family. Then he was able to buy 5 guns, legally.
Glad I live in Canada.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts