Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Things that make you say WTF?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stare Staring GIF

Why not? There’s already a donut shop!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brings back memories of taking the bus downtown in grade 9 to get a Frescos mushroom burger amounts all the 'guys'. My friend Dave and I would get a lot of looks from the older men. If not for the burger, it made me feel uncomfortable.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"elongate" is the online allegation that Musk was naughty with a flight attendant on his airplane. Her duties included giving massages.
She got a $250,000 severance package. The allegations will go viral on twitter.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
"elongate" is the online allegation that Musk was naughty with a flight attendant on his airplane. Her duties included giving massages.
She got a $250,000 severance package. The allegations will go viral on twitter.

Musk threatens the left's stranglehold on the public domain, and gets hits with a #metoo moment. Predictable. Tiresome. Of zero moment. Next.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Democrat Chris murphy said there are more mass shootings than days in a year in the U.S. Horrific mass shooting in the U.S. today, 18 kids in grades 2 and 3. Hundreds of families traumatized.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know you can never fully prevent nuts from being nuts but it’s just sad how often these things happen in the USA. Grade 2/3, that’s my sons age. I just can’t imagine what these families and poor kids went and are going thru. I don’t know what kind of human does this and how do you make sure they don’t get access to weapons.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone catch Steve Kerr’s rant before Warriors/Mavs game. He’s nailed the situation. It’s crazy.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the 2A crowd is every bit as angry tonight about being blamed for the actions of a deranged lunatic. They won't back down an inch; if anything incidents like this embolden their thinking that they have it right and that people like Kerr are ignorant and should just shut up and coach.

Not an easy issue; my two bits is that they'd be better off accepting that full gun control is never going to happen, and instead focus on tightening up background checks to keep guns out of the hands of the bad guys, while at the same time making sure that more of the people who have them handy are in fact good guys.

When they say "come take it from my cold dead hands" - they mean it. It's their hill to die on. Frankly finding common ground on abortion would be easier...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the 2A crowd is every bit as angry tonight about being blamed for the actions of a deranged lunatic. They won't back down an inch; if anything incidents like this embolden their thinking that they have it right and that people like Kerr are ignorant and should just shut up and coach.

Not an easy issue; my two bits is that they'd be better off accepting that full gun control is never going to happen, and instead focus on tightening up background checks to keep guns out of the hands of the bad guys, while at the same time making sure that more of the people who have them handy are in fact good guys.

When they say "come take it from my cold dead hands" - they mean it. It's their hill to die on. Frankly finding common ground on abortion would be easier...
Isn’t that the problem? There’s a bill Kerr talks about that would strengthen the background checks but a bunch of governors won’t do it

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn’t that the problem? There’s a bill Kerr talks about that would strengthen the background checks but a bunch of governors won’t do it
Yes, the 2A lobby is split between the absolutists and those who think that deranged lunatics probably shouldn't have unfettered access to guns, constitutional right to bear arms or not... I hope the latter group wins out over the former...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m not sure putting more guns in elementary schools and with teachers in classrooms, is the answer.

I don’t know the stats on this but I feel like the US, where they have a right to have guns, has more shootings than any other country who doesn’t have that type of amendment, or has gun control. So maybe gun control does work?
Maybe they are so far gone with gun violence it doesn’t matter what they do at this point. I honestly don’t know how to stop it, I just feel like putting more guns out there isn’t the best solution.

I do feel like they spend more time and effort protecting unborn children (abortion) than they do protecting the ones alive right now though

Last edited:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m not sure putting more guns in elementary schools and with teachers in classrooms, is the answer.

I don’t know the stats on this but I feel like the US, where they have a right to have guns, has more shootings than any other country who doesn’t have that type of amendment, or has gun control. So maybe gun control does work?
Maybe they are so far gone with gun violence it doesn’t matter what they do at this point. I honestly don’t know how to stop it, I just feel like putting more guns out there isn’t the best solution.

I do feel like they spend more time and effort protecting unborn children (abortion) than they do protecting the ones alive right now though

my brother, who lives down there and is staunchly pro 2A, has one argument that trumps the rest..

"there are 300 million firearms on the streets of the US right now, and there isn't a way to get rid of them all. would you like the good guys to have them, or just the bad guys?"

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But isn't that the crux of the issue? How do you define/delineate the good from the bad?

When people speak of the bad guys, pretty sure they are not meaning the people who are committing these mass murder episodes...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or just the trained police etc, maybe put more money into those programs to fight the bad guys? Doing nothing and moments of silence oddly haven’t fixed it yet.

But I get your point. Same argument here in Canada with gun owners and restriction proposals, good/honest guys lose their guns, albeit the mass killing ones usually, but the bad guys still get there’s illegally no matter what law is passed.

Maybe they need to focus on both? Illegal guns and restrictions/watches on supposedly normal everyday people.

There’s no simple fix but at least make it look like you tried something?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts