Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Things that make you say WTF?

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You Cant See Me John Cena GIF by WWE

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. I’m white, does that make me a racist?

I don’t need to see you to confirm you are an idiot.
There are lots of derogatory terms I could use but I would not say you are racist. Max Bernier yes.
I reiterate, the truckers association is telling the Ottawa bound truckers to get vaccinated and get back to work.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are missing the gigantic fcuking point here, you numpty: the problem isn't the Canadian Association, the problem is our economy relies massively on the American system. Follow the bouncing ball, please. Understand that our economy is largely dependent on importing goods, our vast majority of exports are commodities like grain, mining ore, and wood. That's our export economy in a nutshell. In terms of everything else? We are handcuffed the the Elephant down South, weather you or anyone likes it or not. Our Canadian Law that now bans American unvaccinated truckers from coming up here hurts us tremendously, far more than it hurts the American economy....but guess what? It won't be long before this erupts into a trade war we can't win. All for what? To try and get Canadian truckers vaccinated? That makes zero sense. To try and get American truckers vaccinated? Why? They weren't an issue before all this, in terms of spreading the virus. Now we as Canadians are trying to extend our reach and policy into American culture. Why?

You are so COVID chicken shite that you fail to look closely at the real issues and the problems they cause. Rather, you look at the faces of hard working Canadians, a good portion whom are actually vaccinated (most, actually, they are just showing widespread support for bad policy), and your go-to card is to call them racists, because they are white?

WTF indeed.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe this is an opportunity to get local with supply instead of importing? A chance to promote our own companies and products? I know we can’t do all products but maybe some change to local would be a good thing.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe this is an opportunity to get local with supply instead of importing? A chance to promote our own companies and products? I know we can’t do all products but maybe some change to local would be a good thing.
Yoda, while I agree, and would love to see this, a realist would look at that as unrealistic.

Firstly, that would be a VERY long term plan. Years. If you consider right now local produce production, for example, is not enough to cover the needs of the many, the "community" (Canada, in this case) would need to ramp up infrastructure in order to feed every mouth. While I'd love to see more reliance where possible on Canadian farmers / greenhouses, it's not happening overnight....especially with Cannabis farms buying up a lot of the greenhouses and converting them to weed production.

Besides, the laws of supply / demand will rule. Even if every Canadian committed to shopping local, our local prices will skyrocket.

That's cool I have the answer! See, I come prepared to these discussions. I do hate always being right, it's tiresome, but here we go again.

The solution is, revert back to having exemption status for all American truckers to cross, and while we are at it, hope the US does not enact a similar 2x vaccination policy. Put in place stipulations such as time limits to deliver a load and pick up (there may already be such procedures in place) if you must, but just revert back. Simple. Dr. Henry has already acknowledged that BC is quickly moving into dealing w/ COVID as we would the common cold, anyways. In the beginning, they told us to get to (IIRC) 80% vaccination status, and the many will carry the few who choose not to vaccinate. Those people will get sick, if they haven't already. They will develop natural immunity, if they haven't already.

That's the solution. Live in the now, plan for the future. Canada, evaluate your strength of position in firing up a trade war. We do not own the high ground here, we occupy the low ground.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, while I agree, and would love to see this, a realist would look at that as unrealistic.

Firstly, that would be a VERY long term plan. Years. If you consider right now local produce production, for example, is not enough to cover the needs of the many, the "community" (Canada, in this case) would need to ramp up infrastructure in order to feed every mouth. While I'd love to see more reliance where possible on Canadian farmers / greenhouses, it's not happening overnight....especially with Cannabis farms buying up a lot of the greenhouses and converting them to weed production.

Besides, the laws of supply / demand will rule. Even if every Canadian committed to shopping local, our local prices will skyrocket.

That's cool I have the answer! See, I come prepared to these discussions. I do hate always being right, it's tiresome, but here we go again.

The solution is, revert back to having exemption status for all American truckers to cross, and while we are at it, hope the US does not enact a similar 2x vaccination policy. Put in place stipulations such as time limits to deliver a load and pick up (there may already be such procedures in place) if you must, but just revert back. Simple. Dr. Henry has already acknowledged that BC is quickly moving into dealing w/ COVID as we would the common cold, anyways. In the beginning, they told us to get to (IIRC) 80% vaccination status, and the many will carry the few who choose not to vaccinate. Those people will get sick, if they haven't already. They will develop natural immunity, if they haven't already.

That's the solution. Live in the now, plan for the future. Canada, evaluate your strength of position in firing up a trade war. We do not own the high ground here, we occupy the low ground.
Kinda sorry I asked

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The president of FIFA said the solution to african migrants going to europe is to hold the world cup every two years. After Blatter's corruption, i hoped the new president would bring some dignity to Fifa.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Breaking news... Donald Trump Jr supports the truckers protest.
Are you one of these guys that lacks the ability to think for oneself?

Meaning, if your favorite whipping boy celebrity supports something, you don't, or likewise, if your favorite celebrity gets behind something, you do?

Who the eff cares if he does or doesn't? Are you able to actually, pragmatically, evaluate a situation and form an opinion?

Personally, I think Trump Jr. is a total jackass, but he's a jackass supporting a good cause at the moment. Yeah, I'd prefer if a more likeable politician / celebrity supported my cause, but it is what it is.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are very fortunate here on TTP, we get to read your opinions for free, not like the suckers on substack who pay for newsletters extolling the virtues of drinking bleach and urine and taking parasite medicine intended for horses. The best ant Vax columnists make over $2m per year.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are very fortunate here on TTP, we get to read your opinions for free, not like the suckers on substack who pay for newsletters extolling the virtues of drinking bleach and urine and taking parasite medicine intended for horses. The best ant Vax columnists make over $2m per year.
Dont give the administration any ideas Mr Base.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am glad i live in the lower mainland because we are warmer this weekend than Florida. Snowbirds who flew there for the warmth are probably pissed.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts