Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Things that make you say WTF?

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am with you Bully!!

Im With You Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the beginning of the end...the list we could all compile. unreal.

It’s does open a whole new door for sports.
However, I’d like to see video of the incident

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
the beginning of the end...the list we could all compile. unreal.

I mean it was Miller's League - so purely recreational.

The finding for me is para. 81:

[81] I find that Mr. Cox’s actions were dangerous and reckless, and were outside the conduct a player would reasonably expect in this recreational league, made up of players of all different skill levels. While slide tackles were permitted, there is no question that the execution of this slide tackle was outside the accepted rules of play. All the witnesses before me acknowledged that slide tackles are permitted and injuries are a part of the game. However, I find that the players in this league did not consent to dangerous and reckless conduct, such as that undertaken by Mr. Cox, which carries with it the risk of severe injury.

This is a finding of fact about a particular, specific incident. It does open a bit of a door, but leagues like VMSL, FVSL, etc would have a different standard and accepted risk.

The thing that throws me is the fact that the ref gave it a yellow. Shocking decision...

Reminds me of a decision by I think Wally Oppal a decade or two ago about a rugby tackle in a men's league game that was so bad that it deserved to be deemed negligent and carry liability. So this isn't something totally new - the standard for liability remains very high.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember getting an elbow in the back of the neck about 10 years ago by some weekend warrior that had no chance winning the ball. Missed a few days work couldn’t pick my kid up for a week and had a stinging sensation in my hands for years. Some guys are reckless and idiots.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, just not on board with the constant barrage in sports. It's too much. I can't be the only one, can I?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0