Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TheRob's Canuck of the Week 2002/2003.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The season is finally here. You can feel the excitment. Will The Canucks make the playoffs? Will they do some damage when they get there? Who will win TheRob's Canuck of the Year? Who knows.

All I know is this. TheRob's Canuck of the Preseason is Fedor "Frodo" Federov. This guy played a measly 10 games for the Moose last year and wasn't expected to even contend for a spot this year. He comes in, scores 4 goals, and looks dangerous every night. He was amazing at game all the TTPers went to(I think:( )Tonight he'll play with Linden and Hlavich. Why do I think he'll be COTW a few times?

Tune in Mondays for TheRob's COTW.:D

Discuss.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frodo

TheRob,

You're cooked, and fired. You must be on crack. When the bullets start flying for real (tonight), Frodo will disappear faster than KNVB's wife when he tells her he has a "romantic" evening planned.

Of course, I could be just talking out of my ass too. :rolleyes:

Dude hopes Frodo wins Rookie of the Year.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better late then never.

The first week of the NHL is over, and I guess it caught me a little off guard.

Anyhow, TheRob's Canuck of the Week is Dan Cloutier. Solid in a 3-0 victory over Calgary on Thursday. Solid in a 5-3 victory over San Jose on Saturday, and fcuking brilliant in a 3-2 loss vs. Calgary on Monday night. He's shown early that he's put the Lidstrom goal behind him, and is ready to take this team forward. I suspect you'll see his name in this thread a lot this year.

Runners up are: Trent Klatt, and Mattias Ohlund.

Discuss.:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll go with you there- Clouts is the COTOW.

This doesn't change the fact that you're on crack though.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Cloutier. Three great games. I'm a little surprised we didn't see Skudra against Calgary. Has Crawford lost faith in him? I think Cloutier could play 65 - 70 games this year.

My runners up would be the Sedins. They have looked very good so far. Every shift something seems to happen from their hard work. Each one has three points as well.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sedin Sisters

And they're doing it with Fat Monkey like footspeed!:D

(Those words could very well come back to bite me on Friday)

I think Crawford is just doing what most coaches do when they have a goaltender playing well...keep playing him! That said, he implied that Skud will start against the Bruins. I think he should leave Clouts in there though.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier is a decent pick. Of the five goals he's let in, I suppose you could only question one against San Jose and maybe the winner against Calgary as possible softies. But even that is a bit steep. He's been efficient and his positioning is waaaay more refined than last season. You don't see as much flippin' and floppin' out there.

He won't live down that Lidstrom goal until the playoffs though. That's when he needs to step up with a stellar performance.

I would have nominated Morrison as a candidate, FWIW.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
COTW Klickity Klatt

FM

My runners up would be the Sedins. They have looked very good so far. Every shift something seems to happen from their hard work. Each one has three points as well.

Yes the sisters are doing quite well but that is largely due to the return of Klatt to the line........

KLATT for my COTW!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clouts is a fine first week pick..............and if his stickhandling could improve............well I guess we should be satisfied with just stoping the puck!

I too am surprised that Skudra is getting the start tonight!

John

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have nominated Morrison as a candidate
I considered him for a runner up spot, but when it comes right down to it, him and his line haven't played that good.

RATU

Jul 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
skudra

i haven't heard if he will be starting tonight you would think with back to back coming on friday and saturday he would see action then? i say let cloutier play tonight rest him friday and he would be ready for saturday.but then agian what do i really know:(

RATU

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: skudra on Friday Night

Originally posted by RATU
i say let cloutier play tonight rest him friday and he would be ready for saturday.but then agian what do i really know:(

RATU

Do you remeber the fight that took place in Training camp between Cloutier and Brown, could be interesting on Friday night if Cloutier plays.

I think the fight was over a high heat slap shot by Brown at Cloutier's Head.

I wonder where Browns first shot will be on Friday, High and Hard, to try and wind up Clouts.
Love to see this fight in Regular Season, could turn into a brawl.

HOS

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a great call!

I'd even put my money on Clouts over Brown. Then again, you wouldn't want to risk injuring a goaltender...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alrighty then........

Monday. You know what that means. TheRpb's COTW!:D

You know how TheRob likes to stay outside the box?:eek: Well, sometimes. Anyhow Todd Warriner is TheRob's COTW. Leading by example. Scoring goals. Making the most of his time here. Trying his best not to get sent down. Taking up the slack while everyone else tries to get it going. Here's hoping they do it soon.

Runners up are: The Sedins.

Discuss.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob,

You've been into the glue again, haven't you?:eek:

The Sisters are easily the co-COTOWS, in a week where there weren't any memorable performances. The girls have been consistently good, even if never spectacular.

Runner-up: Felix Potvin...for letting in Warriner's soft wrist shot.:rolleyes:

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Warriner played well but...

I thought the Sedin sisters had a hell of a week and Danielle has probably been the best player on the team this year(before Monday's game). Speaking of mondays game I nominate Morrison for next week.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was all ready to jump all over Chump's bandwagon and vote for Brenda too. But, one game doesn't make a week. In fact, the boys are underachieving so much, it's time to go to the farm.

John Craighead, come on down! You're the next contestant on TheRob's COTW!

As he has been quoted as saying, he's achieved a dream come true by getting a contract with his hometown team. Great story!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts