Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TheRob's Canuck of the Week 2002/2003.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is for you, HOS...

This week's DUDE'S TheRob's Canuck of the Week is Danny Boy Cloutier.

Why? He's been the best player over this 6 game win streak, and he defeated some BIG SCARY DEAMONS by nearly shutting out Detroit.

For my money, he's the MVP so far.

Honorable mention: The Captain, Markus Naslund.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was going to go with Bertuzzi or Morrison, but if you want to go with Cloutier, that's fine.:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: This is for you, HOS...

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
This week's DUDE'S TheRob's Canuck of the Week is Danny Boy Cloutier.

Thanks Dude, great pick.

I thought that TR would give it to Cookie because he was so brave playing with a hurt jaw, and having to wear a full face mask.

He actually had a pretty good week too, but Dan is the Man right now.

This is strange to say, but tonight two of the top teams in the League, the Canucks vs. the Wild, go head to head.

Should be a good tilt, don't like Manny Fernandez very much, I hope the Nucks light him up, on the first road game.

HOS

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the winner is

Yup, gotta be Dan...he kept the boys in the game until they got it together....two more wins thanks to Clouts!:bronco:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, I couldn't do it without the support of all my fellow TTPers.

Honorable mention: The Captain, Markus Naslund

Personally, I would have to go with Cloutier too. He has won 4 games for them on this current run. You've gotta love the Canucks......

The Captain

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clouts

Even a bandwagon jumper like Shamrock can pick this guy!!! Although, I thought he was going to say Bobby Clarke for his excellent GM skills and the role he has played in assembling such a fast and talented team... :rolleyes:

GO Canucks Go!!!:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dan is the MAN

He has kept the NUcks in alot of games this year and there's early rumblings of him being a Vezina trophy candidate........Theodore who????????

GO NUCKS GO

TheRob Rules!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dan Who, Skudras the Man Now

Skudra for Nuck of the Week with the performance in TB afer sitting out 14 games. I love the Latvian. Hey he gets another game later in the week when we go back to back in New York.

Love these Nucks right now, they are allmost as hot as Khalsa.

HOS:wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was going to make the same call, but Hos beat me to it. I didn't see many highlights, but apparently Skudra was nothing short of awesomme against TB (I did listen on the radio). By all accounts, this should have been Tampa's game!

Even if was only one game, Skudra deserves a prestigeous award like TheRob's COTW.;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WannabeDude???

I was going to make the same call, but Hos & Dude beat me to it. I didn't see many highlights or actually know what really happened, but apparently Skudra was nothing short of awesome against TB (I did listen on the radio). By all accounts, this should have been Tampa's game, except Vancouver scored FIVE goals!!!

Even if it was only one game, Skudra deserves a muppet award like TheRob's COTW.:p

Guinnesswantstobeexactly(onlydifferent:rolleyes: )likeDude!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness, stand in line.;) :eek:

The 'Nucks scored 5, but you need to know when and how. TB tied the game midway through the 3rd on a Martin St. Louis blast. TB had been dominating the period to this point, and their work had paid off. Apparently, Leclavier had about 4 clear chances where Skud had robbed him during this span. Then, the 'Nucks get a go ahead goal, against the play (I think a Sedin scored...Henrik???). Linden's goal (the 5th) was an empty netter.

Hey, these things happen when a team is playing well and winning!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ten in a row, and soon to be 11.

TheRob will listen to his readers today. Don't ever say I never do. You people are my lifeblood. You are the reason I do this every week. I care about you, and what you think. You all complete me.:)

Petr Skudra on the strength of one game, is TheRob's COTW. I was listening to this game while trying to get on the Freeway from Guildford, and by all accounts, he was fcuking amazing. TB should have slaughtered Vancouver, but Petr slammed the door shut. Roll on Canucks. Roll on.

Runners up are: Dan Cloutier, Marcus Naslund, and The rest of the whole fcuking team!:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are all wrong. Skudra played OK... looked shakey at first and let out huge rebounds. The best Canuck in this one game was Jovo.

~Regswhosawthegame.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

There you go... It takes someone like slappy who saw the game to put the record straight... I didn't see it either, just like you I was listening to Shorty's play by play, therefore can't really comment on Skudra!!!

I can't remember the last time someone won TheRob's (not Dude's) COTW honors on what he apparently did!!!:rolleyes:

Guinness, Takingthepiss:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What Regsy doesn’t understand is that the Prestigious TheRob’s (not Dude’s) COTW is based as much on sentiment than on fact. Skudra allegedly held off TB during the 3rd period, when the ‘Nucks apparently had no business being in the game. He gave his team a chance to win.

Plus, something about seeing a benchwarmer get his shot after practicing hard and patiently riding the pine all season- you know, being the good “team guy”- warms my heart like a nice glass of Irish Whisky.;)

"Here comes Santa Dude...here comes Santa Dude...right down Santa Dude lane!"

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is This TheRob or Is it Skudra

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Plus, something about seeing a benchwarmer get his shot after practicing hard and patiently riding the pine all season- you know, being the good “team guy”- warms my heart like a nice glass of Irish Whisky.;)

One plays for the Nucks the other for GEU.

HOS

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's time! Once again! For everybody! To step aboard the..............TheRob's Canuck of the Week Train!!!!!!

I think that I'll go with Todd Bertuzzi this week. Took control of the game in Jersey, and won it for them. He is looking dominant again. The chemistry that him and Naslund have is magical.

Runners up are: Naslund and Trent Klatt.

Discuss.:D

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree Bertuzzi was good this week. I think we could have a goaltending contraversy soon, Skudra beat Cloutier in the skills comp last night!!:rolleyes: ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0