Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TheRob's Canuck of the Week 2002/2003.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brenda has been demoted.......Trev will be in between Bertuzzi and Naslund for the next game.

In my opinion, the Canucks don't have a quality second line.......If the Sedin's/Klatt is what the Canucks have to offer then it just isn't going to cut it. They make an excellent third line but a second line? Me no think so.

ShaefferCasselsandLindencouldhaveworked?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's Tuesday. You know what that means!

It's time for TheRob's Canuck of the Week!:D

I'm going to go with the captain. The hat trick in San Jose and some other good stuff throughout the week makes this a pretty easy pick. Markus Naslund is the man for the week.

Runners up: Dan Cloutier, and Jon Craighead:rolleyes:

Discuss.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disagree.

Until this team starts playing to it's potential, including Naslund, you have to go with the guy that continues to keep them in games with solid outtings.

That would be Dan the Man.

~Regs.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong Again TR

TR: the p(r)ick of the week for the Canucks has to be Harold Druken. He may be emblematic of how the early season is going for the team.

Who does this guy think he is helping by refusing to play for the Moose on a conditioning stint? Burke will no doubt be finding some way to ensure this guy is gone shortly. But I guess as Burke points out himself, it is hard to move a guy with no great playing record who is not playing. How can that be a good situation for a team with some challenges right now, when the guy comes to practice and the coach doesn't want him there!

Cloutier is the guy keeping them in games right now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob must be smoking up on his coffee breaks over at The City of Burnaby Works Yard. Again.:rolleyes:

Naslund has been average, at best. He scored that hatty against an overwhelmed 3rd stringer. In adition to this, San Jose wasn't interested in playing at that point of the game. Morrison was the best player that game, breaking it open with a short handed goal early in the second.

I see Dan Cloutier as being worthy though. But let's face it- he's no John Craighead.;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's Monday, and TheRob is off the crack for the week, so here it is, TheRob's Canuck of the Week.

I'm going to go with the Province and their choice this week. Usually I try not to but Todd Bertuzzi played good this week. Huge game in Minnesota, and that's all you can really base it on. The first two games of the week were stinkers. That's my pick and I'm sticking to it.

Honourable mentions go to: Naslund-Also based on the Minny game, and Cloutier-For playing good against Buffalo.

Discuss.:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertuzzi was terrible at home last week

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
TheRob must be smoking up on his coffee breaks over at The City of Burnaby Works Yard. Again.:rolleyes:

Against both Buffalo and the Aves he was terrible, then he has one decent period vs. Minny and he is the Nuck of the Weak.

I would say Cloutier hands down, the Buffalo performance alone would win his the Nuck of the Week.

Bertuzzi has to get more consitant with his game for him to get any TR awards this year.

HOS

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just because TheRob chooses to steal lime from the warehouse and mix it in with his morning cup of Joe- instead of partaking in his usual illegal substances- doesn't mean he's not smashed by picking the Big Dope for COTW.

Cloutier was the best of a bad bunch. One good period does not warrant such a prestigious selection by the TTP throng.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Big Dope earned it for this week. When Bert's on, there isn't much the oposition can do to stop him.

He wins this week's COTW.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this thread called TheDudes Canuck of the Week? I don't think so.:mad:

I was also planning on picking Bertuzzi, but seeing as how Dud did, I feel I should pick someone else. That being said, I shall take Markus Naslund as TheRob's Canuck of the Week. The captain was firing on all cylinders this week and is fully deserving of the honour.

Runners up are: Marc Crawford for finally splitting the Sedins up, and Todd Warriner for scoring his third goal of the season.

Discuss.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

TheRob is a jealous, Pinesol sniffing junkie. You were taking too long (probably trying to find your next fix, no doubt:rolleyes: ), so I took the initiative to fill in as Moderator. Sign me up for TTP shares, Regs.;)

TheDude.

Good shout on Crawford there, Junkie. ;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Respect for Cloutier

He has been putting up good numbers, in minutes played, G.A.A, and Save %. But still no consideration for Dan.

Dan has been the man, he has played lots, and he has played well.

Burt and Nazzy should be putting up numbers and performances with the new rules, but at the smae time Cloutes is facing more shots, plus more quality shots, because the D-Men can't hook like they used too.

TR, give Dan a break and give him the Nuck of the Week.

HOS

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not this week HOS.

Pretty easy choice for me this week. Even the Province got it right. TheRob's Canuck of the Week goes to Pitt Meadows' own Brendon Morrison. He had a great week playing on something like fourteen lines. All over the ice, and a huge part of the six wins in seven games streak.

Runners up are: Dan Cloutier, The Captain, and Todd Bertuzzi.

Discuss.:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with The Province's very wise choice of Brendan Morrison, and respect TheRob for having the wisdom to follow suit with that selection.;)

In all seriousness, I think this is the first real stretch in his career where he has lived up to his potential. As has been stated before, TheRob could average a point / game playing w/ Bert and Nazzy, but Brendan has been carrying up to three other lines on his skinny back!

Good call.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock

For his failure to come on this thread and TTP out of our Canucks while his beloved Flyers are on a skid!!!:rolleyes:

Brendan Morrison for Mayor!!!

Runners up; Clouts and Warriner

GuinnessexcitedaboutgoingtothegamethisWednesday!!!
:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Until the Nucks play close to 60 minutes, Dan The Man is head and shoulders the best player we have! Don't get me wrong, Brendan has been good, but no one is close to Cloutier right now.

Cheers,

John

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clouts even snapped vs. St. Loui the other Night

What does this guy have to do to get the TR Nuck of the Week.
I think he is the leader in points from the Three Star Selection's and he is playing much better than many of the high paid keepers that are in the Western Confrence.

But NO, TheRob has a hard one for Morrison, Nazzy, and Bert. TR they are out of your league, but nice try.

HOS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mark my words....

The Canucks will be going on an extended winless streak very soon. They have been VERY fortunate over the last lot of games before the Rangers' game. That game was a fcuking shoc-ker, even in my semi-conscious state.

while his beloved Flyers are on a skid!!!

Sat, Nov 2 Washington W 2-1
Tue, Nov 5 at Carolina W 2-1
Thu, Nov 7 New Jersey L 0-1
Sat, Nov 9 at Washington L 1-4
Wed, Nov 13 Florida T 1-1
Fri, Nov 15 at Carolina T 1-1
Sat, Nov 16 Boston T 2-2

You're right about the Flyers. I hate it when they only play .500 hockey. As a Canucks' fan, that might be enough for you drop a package on a regular basis.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So negative Captain. You obviously see the glass as half empty. I on the other hand see a team that has yet to play a full 60 minutes of good hockey yet has found a way to win. Solid goaltending, not too many mistakes, great penalty kill - things that succesful teams do well consistently. If they can start to play full games they will be tough to beat.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0