Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The State of GEU.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU/Chilli

Postponed at the last minute by the ref he found the field unsuitable for play as standing water was beginning to form. Feel sorry for Chilli guys as they drove a long way for nothing. Not sure why game was not cancelled earlier after yesterdays rain I mean this is Maple Ridge. :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

I feel for the GEU players. As I mentioned in another post in the Premier thread, the way your club has treated the Premier and Cat players this year is a joke. With all the fields you have out there, you would think this could be sorted out.

I suppose if the Premier team moves to Mission next year, the cat team will go too, Yoda?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
I feel for the GEU players. As I mentioned in another post in the Premier thread, the way your club has treated the Premier and Cat players this year is a joke. With all the fields you have out there, you would think this could be sorted out.

I suppose if the Premier team moves to Mission next year, the cat team will go too, Yoda?
I have been part of this club for as long as it's been around and I am willing to say Yes I will be leaving if the Premier team chooses to do so and I'm sure Yoda and the rest of the CAT boys will follow as well. GEU cares only about the youth and that's it.I am totally shocked that our teams can be competative in the higher divisions as you would not believe what we practice on to stay ready and fit.It's clear our president wouldn't care if we went as his comments in the past have been directed to do so as we moaned about where we practice. We usually have very limited lighting behind or on a base ball field with No nets to shoot and it's basically mud to practice on. You'd think he'd want to use us as an example for the youth system to move along and one day play in these divisions? They're talking about building a turf field near Albion for next year,I'll put money on it saying when this things built we won't be able to even touch it as it will be for the kids. :mad:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just curious what type of fields do other premier/CAT teams practice on? I'm guessing it doesn't have a pitching mound and an outfield?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Girth: turf facility, full lights, and changeroom access.

Not to rub salt in...

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
Girth: turf facility, full lights, and changeroom access.

Not to rub salt in...
Oh okay I don't feel so bad now here I thought warming up in the dugout and practicing punting in the batters box was wasn't normal :rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Youth club affiliation

Yoda, girth et al:

I can't believe the shite your men's program has had to put up with this year.

Absolutely fcuking shocking.

Since coming into this league, GEU has improved year by year by year.
You have the No. 1 team in Premier and arguably the top side in the CAT divison.
Is your Youth club fcuking stupid??
I mean, what more of a better example can you and your senior club be for the youth coming up through the ranks?
Does not make any sense does it?

Way back when, and yes, I'm talking the 80s, a club by the name of North Delta United jumped ship to go to a brand new senior program called Surrey FC, which was affiliated to the Surrey Youth Soccer Associaion.
North Delta gave us fcuk all and cancelled our home games for the year usually by the first fcuking week in October and we had to then play our home games out of Port Kells.
Yes, Port Fcuking Kells.
We were welcomed with open arms, given the right to pick our players and our coaches, and given the best facilities money could, and still ;), buy.
All we had to do was change our name.

Best decision we ever made.

I enjoyed those road trips out to Mission when they were in Premier out at Hatzic, and the squad they had back then was very decent actually.

I see a change coming.
A welcome one at that.

Best of luck,

RF

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

girth said:
Oh okay I don't feel so bad now here I thought warming up in the dugout and practicing punting in the batters box was wasn't normal :rolleyes:

Hey there is always Merkley cement.....The ball bounces rather nicely down there!

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Girth

All I can say is you guys definetly pissed someone off ! But the president of GEU have always been like that ! It still shocks me you guys don't get decent practice time .

Cheers
Rex

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex said:
But the president of GEU have always been like that !

What?
Not appreciating smoking doobies out in the open for all to see?
Oh right, that was the President of Alouette.
My mistake.

Carry on,

RF

;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rex said:
Has GEU ever had decent practice time !

Yes, we've always had a decent practice time, just no field to practice on at that time.
Belfast, we'll take the league any way we can. As for space invaders, it's a touchy subject when some pansy like Smallsey beats you.
;)

2winstoclinchsolepositionoffirstplace.

M

Meathead

Yoda and the rest of the Ridge Crew,

The President Of GEU is interested in the youth, that is correct but the sex of the youth is not male. He has 3 daughters and therefore the males take a back seat. I have it from good word that he will not be back next season but is trying to put someone new in his spot. This person is the former GEU president and current North District Girls Chair. More bad news for you if you guys let this happen.

A solution is simple:

1) Stop complaining about fields and take control of your situation!

2) Attend the AGM on

GEUSC will hold its Annual General Meeting on Thursday March 25 7:00PM (please note time change) at the ECRA center.

3) Get one of your own to get on the executive. Glenn Ramsey is not the solution. New fresh young blood is!

4) Get ALL the men’s teams to attend the meeting to show you are serious about your needs and wants. Voice your concerns with your peers.

5) Get involved in the youth program it needs coaches who play the game, not parents who are there because their kid is. Remember way back when you played as a kid and the guy coaching had no clue. It is you guys who can change that. There are some great kids in the district who need quality coaching.

6) I would suggest a trade off; maybe some coaching for guaranteed fields! Give back to the game on a personal level!!!

As for the new turf, each user group will be able to submit requests to use the field based on numbers in the group (these #'s must be Ridge Meadows residents to help you).

A good program has their youth teams look up to their senior teams but at the same time it has the involvement of the senior teams with the youth. GEU Men's is really a club in it's own, with no tie other than in the name. If that were to change I would care to bet your troubles would also slide away.

My two cents as a outsider looking in!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Me thinks meathead is the president or is doing the president :eek:. The user name is fitting either way.

Rigger15

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Girth / Dude,

Actually I am from another Club, but referee a number of GEU games. I agree that you guys need to be treated fairly and should have access to fields. My reply was trying to help you, not piss you off. Leaving the area might fix the problem now but like most problems if they aren't fixed in the first place they will reappear.

You can say what you like but in reality most executives of most Clubs are parents of youth players therefore their interest is in the youth program not the men's. Hence the need for you to get a strong voice on the executive!

Look at the big picture here, if I was the President would I want you to come in #'s to the AGM and raise shite? I think not! It would be much better to hide your issues than bring them to the surface. Many people within GEU are tired of the President and the time for change is near. Get involved, action speaks louder than words of someone sitting behind a computer because they can't be bothered standing up for themseleves where it really counts.

This website allows you to voice, vent and discuss issues but if they are not brought forward to others outside the website you might as well piss against the wind! I have read plenty of insightful posts that have helped to alter the way I deal with players as a ref. So the power of words works but it has to be taken outside this site.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why the additional TTP account?

Kinda defeats the purpose of having a voice AND be taken seriously don't you think?

Cheers,

~Regs.

M

Meathead

Lost my password and started a new one at work. Didn't delete the cookies from my home computer so hence the change in names. A mistake but none the less I am looking to help you guys not hurt the program.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Then your new account is to be deleted as of now. You can request your password to be reset if you can't remember it now on the Rigger15 account.

~Regs.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Meathead said:
Lost my password and started a new one at work. .

Guess thats an "oops" then. I frequently use other names to hide myself, hence my several accounts now such as KNVB, DUDE, NUKES and more.

:D

Way to let one "Ripper"

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts