Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The State of GEU.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

I knew it wasn't me that called KNVB a cnut 892 times...

Rigger: I just found the "outsider looking in" comment funny, when you had all the dates, etc.

Of course you're correct, but I see the player's frustration. This season, the premier and Cat team are the two best teams in the two highest divisions; for all intents and purposes, the results speak of a model system. The two teams appear to work well together, and the results show. So, why the terrible treatment by the club?

I played for a number of years at Surrey FC, the biggest club in the land with over 100 teams. Yes, NTG was difficult to work with at times, but as a team, we weren't left for needing anything. New kits every three years, always a second set available, unlimited socks (or it seemed), limited supply of spare shorts, buying power to get sweats and bags, great training facility, great selection of grass pitches...hell, they even had kids (youth players employed by the club) that went around on game mornings to all the fields to put up the nets and take them down. This treatment was equal from Premier on down to U-21.

Basically, the club recognized the value of a strong men's program, and took advantage as well. They had players come out and help with clinics, etc. What GEU mens go through is a disrespectfull joke, and they should move on to a district that gets it.

Rigger15

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
I knew it wasn't me that called KNVB a cnut 892 times...

Rigger: I just found the "outsider looking in" comment funny, when you had all the dates, etc.

The reason I had all the dates and times is because I surfed their website to find out more info on their men's program. There is none!

Basically, the club recognized the value of a strong men's program, and took advantage as well. They had players come out and help with clinics, etc. What GEU mens go through is a disrespectfull joke, and they should move on to a district that gets it.

Your second last sentence says it all. "They had players come out and help with clinics, etc." This is not the case with GEU and their men's players. They imo simply want to play and give nothing back becasue they are to busy.

I am interested to know how much does it cost for each player to register in their respective Clubs? Do you really think that the fees that each of you pay would cover all the expenses of running a club as big as GEU. It is because of the mini program that many clubs have extra $ to fund their other areas of the program. I am sure if you figured out the real costs of running a program than you would see a real increase in reg. costs for senior players. So basically I am saying that both groups need each other.

Part of the problem might be that we as refs are allowing games to be played on fields that really should be shut down to prevent damage but instead opt for the well we are here now attitude and I could use the $50. If the fields were closed more often by officials than the City guys wouldn't have to use a blanket effect and close all fields because we as senior haven't built up or credibilty.

Bottom line the AGM is right around the corner and the guys can bitch or do something to help themselves. Moving might be greener for a short while but I bet you that after another Executive sees the reality of high level on their fields and the wear it causes similar things will follow.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I guess I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here to the players. How many Men's players would you need to help at a clinic, 2? 3? I know enough of the guys in the men's program that I could guarantee 2 or 3 would be willing to help at a clinic, and make time for it. I can also guarantee many more would volunteer and check their schedules.

I just don't believe that all the players refused to help. I can't see it. There are some good guys over there that would have no problem if asked. So, it begs the question: were they even asked? How aggressively were they pursued? It doesn't take much...

But of course, you wouldn't know, because you're on the outside looking in.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rigger15 said:
Your second last sentence says it all. "They had players come out and help with clinics, etc." This is not the case with GEU and their men's players. They imo simply want to play and give nothing back becasue they are to busy.QUOTE]

Talking out of your ass again? Before you start your IMO's get your facts straight. We have done plenty of camps with kids in the GEU club. We also help out with the Maple Ridge Fair every year providing top notch security and customer service. :D Has it been rewarded at all - no. Do we have a field every 2nd Friday - no. Why should we continue any camps when we get no respect back from the club. Having said that, most of the guys on the Premier side are 30 or above and have kids, families etc. to take care of, not to mention bailing hay all day. As for fee's, don't get me started. Inflation rate in Canada last year was something like 3%. Our fees a couple years ago were $125, now they are over $200. What do we get for that? No uniforms, balls, equipment, practice field, and about 7 home games a year. As for the fields, their are no change rooms, which really piss off other teams, especially Peace Arch and Langley and as far as I have seen the District has cut the grass about 10 times this year. I haven't seen any repairs, we line the field ourselves and the goal posts stay where they are. In conclusion, your honor, despite this adversity the GEU mens teams in Premier, CAT, and Div 2 have done an outstanding job and are at the top of their respective leagues - more than I can say about your club. Have a nice day.

Rigger15

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I am not from the GEU club!

Don't you guys get paid for the work done at the fair?

As for your age and families line, give me a break. I am also in my 30's and find time to Referee and coach. I train at least twice a week with my squad and run other practices for other teams in my district. Yes, I get paid to ref. But I only ref because injury prevents me from playing. I love the game and I think you guys deserve better. But complaing to your peers on this website will not fix your issues. Are you telling me Dude is going to magically find you a field? I don't disagree that you guys are not treated well, I have asked Allan on the occasions I have done you guys about the Club and it comes back as you claim. Problem is Allan is to soft and will in the end do nothing to change your problems.

So, stop getting defensive and find a solution that will fix your issues.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rigger15 said:
I am interested to know how much does it cost for each player to register in their respective Clubs? Do you really think that the fees that each of you pay would cover all the expenses of running a club as big as GEU..

Langley Charges about $150.00 Per Player. A VERY small portion goes to the club ($10? ,maybe), a small portion to uni's, the balance to the league for ref's/registrations. This year we were lucky and our turf field use was cheap and our field coordinator was able to arrange so we only pay for the time slots we used (canceled games, christmas break etc.). Next year I imagine we will need more money to support the use of the TURF field facilities. I would expect our fees to increase to $180.00 per player.

Rigger15

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bertrum,

What camps do you run? I thought GEU has a hired tech staff that do thier camps? Isn't John Sneddon their lead man? Who's talking out of their ass?

$200 to play for the season, that's terrible. That works out to $25 a month, probaly the cost of one weeks takeout for most of us.

Get the picture here, part of your issue is Parks and Rec and not just GEU. Yes, the club controls who gets what field times as is the same with my club. But ultimately is Parks and Rec closes a field than what can you do.

If you would like to discuss this in person I will see on Friday at Albion, what # are you?

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rigger15 said:
Bertrum,
What camps do you run? I thought GEU has a hired tech staff that do thier camps? Isn't John Sneddon their lead man?If you would like to discuss this in person I will see on Friday at Albion, what # are you?

Before the technical team came in we ran camps at Westview and at MRSS while trying to fend off mothers/cougars of the kids (come to think of it maybe that's why the club doesn't like us). :confused: :D We realize that Sneddon is doing a good job with that side of it. As for discussion, I will have to defer to someone else as I no longer have much buy in to the club because I am moving to Calgary. As for giving out my number, I plead the fifth as I may incriminate myself and wouldn't want that to influence the game. I agree their needs to be a more solutions based approach, but I am afraid that so much has been screwed up already; not a proper facility at Albion and building a turf field in a residential area where the lights must go off before 9pm, that implementing solutions would become a full time job. Sorry about the talking out of your ass comment I thought you were Sheep. :D

Rigger15

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard yesterday that the funding has been approved for a second turf field in the Ridge and construction will begin this fall.

Bertrum,

Check your private messages and let me know what you think.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

From what i have gathered, we (the mens teams) are banned from playing on fields when there has been rain fall. Again we get the reason that we put too much stress on the field and tear it all up when it's wet so we do not get to play on it, although it's OK for kids (in their teens) to play on the fields on the same weekends we cannot. I guess they are light on their feet so it doesn't do much damage.

As for the turf, i can't wait because since we put so much stress on grass fields, we should get first priority on the turf fields so that we don't get so many games cancelled. Turf is always open and there is no way we can "ruin" the turf by playing in the rain. That leaves more grass fields for youth to play on.

Can't wait for our new turf fields.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

GEU also has scrimmages with over 30 women and u-16 girls to help with there development as well. :D :D Our training sessions on gravel are at a oint where that is a better option than playing tag, or doing relays. As for the association and the field situation I will not get started because I am afraid I will not stop ;) ;) ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rigger15 said:
What camps do you run? I thought GEU has a hired tech staff that do thier camps? Isn't John Sneddon their lead man? Who's talking out of their ass?

I do believe Sneddon is working with the youth of the club, but what is he preparing them for? Is he teaching them driving skills? How to get to know new teammates? The names of the other clubs and who to talk to?

If the club/district keep pulling the crap with the mens teams, and giving the excuses they have, all these youth will be travelling to other clubs to play once they are no longer youth because there will be no more competitive mens teams left.

So all the other men's teams of the FVSL can thank us now for developing these kids to go play somewhere else.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rigger15 said:
Bertrum,

Actually Rigger we have been asked to run camps as was noted earlier and I personally had a blast.We took shifts as some had to work weekends,late shifts,etc, not sure why it stopped? Basically if there's an opportunity to switch locations of the teams and we get offered the same crap from GEU as last few years we'd be stupid not to go for a change to mission.

For the love of god all we need is a practce field with some lights,some posts and some grass.I've absolutely killed my cleats from mud at practice along with my keeper mitts over and over and am fricken fed up.
I nominate Yoda as GEU's new president,he will see to it that our small needs are taken care of. Does anyone second that? :knvb:

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So, stop getting defensive and find a solution that will fix your issues.[/QUOTE]

I think every guy playing men's soccer in the ridge already know the solution.....Mission.....time to move somewhere where you are Wanted...plus the lads can fill up the gas tanks in silverdale and save some $$....Oh ya FCUK the AGM.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought I'd take the opportunity to congratulate GEU on a superb season, on the pitch. Premier / Cat titles are confirmed, and they may yet bring home the 2nd div title and a Knights Cup.

Well done boys! MUSC will be picking up some gems!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we won premier,Cat and Div 2 and yes it feels good to be part of it but I just wonder what will happen for next season. Will the premier team stay in Maple ridge? Will the Cat team follow? Will the knights stay together and be there own little club or combine with the others? Like I said before it's amazing the teams have done this well? There's tonnes of talent right now in Maple Ridge and if GEU club does not step up to the plate and give in a little there won't be much to build on for the future. I seriously feel the premier boys will attempt to move the team if they can to mission this year and that is too bad. :(

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
So we won premier,Cat and Div 2 and yes it feels good to be part of it but I just wonder what will happen for next season. Will the premier team stay in Maple ridge? Will the Cat team follow? Will the knights stay together and be there own little club or combine with the others? Like I said before it's amazing the teams have done this well? There's tonnes of talent right now in Maple Ridge and if GEU club does not step up to the plate and give in a little there won't be much to build on for the future. I seriously feel the premier boys will attempt to move the team if they can to mission this year and that is too bad. :(

You guys won't go anywhere.....although you are losing alot of guys to school teams.....i think geu will need to pick up some more talent from else where!!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
filling the net said:
You guys won't go anywhere.....although you are losing alot of guys to school teams.....i think geu will need to pick up some more talent from else where!!

In the premier and the cat there are only 3 players who play for school teams

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
True I know about the school thing but there are players that are leaving.....isn't wilkes hanging them up...i heard the commute was to crazy for him and isn't there people going back to chilliwack????

This is what scott was saying :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts