Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Shoe's on the Other Catholic

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early this week a story develops around the conflict between a North Shore Catholic independant school and the North Vancouver School District. It seems that while the Catholic school wishes to rent space in a public school building, the board office is reluctant to make space available to a sectarian educational institution. As a result administrators and parents of the private school alike bitch and moan that they should be allowed to rent said space lest they be discriminated against on religious grounds -- they are a willing private renter similar to that of Girl Guides or a local soccer team looking for gym space.

Cry me a fcuking river . . .

'Cause today I read that Vancouver's archdiocese has instructed no less than four Lower-Mainland catholic schools to withdraw their banking relationships with VanCity because the financial institution publicly supports the gay community. I'm sorry, but are they now refusing to do business with private company on the basis of religious and socially bigotted grounds?

"To be consistent," [Archbishop Adam Exner] said, "how can the archdiocese now tolerate cooperation with an organization that by policy supports an agenda seriously in conflict with the teaching of the church?"
Well it seems that the North Vancouver School Board also chooses not to tolerate cooperation with an organization that by policy supports and agenda seriously in conflict with the principles of the school board. Sound familiar, Exner?

It seems the shoe's on the other foot, your Holiness. So quit your whining and go do your banking with some like-minded, right-wing, intolerant neanderthals. Like the Royal Bank.

Disclaimer: Do not take the preceeding editorial as any negative comment against the Catholic religion in general. It is only a comment on the logical, social and politicized nature of the two related stories. Religions can be good things -- like red meat and fine wine: in moderation.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He should be. "Archie Exner" would be a natual handle.

You make a good point. Besides, it's not like they won't be able to find space elsewhere to rent or lease. They're a private scholl for fcuk's sake.:rolleyes:

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper

Just to clarify, the independent group that was looking to rent school space, was a christian group. Not Catholic as you suggested.

My kids go to a Catholic school in NV. The issue of withdrawing banking because of the gay issue was a hot topic among the parents in the school yard yesterday.

I enjoyed TTPing the Phillipino parents!

I was considering telling Archbishop Exner that I was withdrawing from my financial commitment to the school though, as I can;t afford the $300/month.

I wonder if he will care!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts