Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The S-League

real player

Not Bright
Aug 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good morning and happy new year to all the wanna be players on this site.....! First of all it's pretty obvious that none of you have ever played in the PCSL. Instead you have played pathetic kick and run and hack soccer in the winter... All Pacific Coast league games are played in stadiums on close to or official size pitchs and in most cases you have to pay to see the games.....therefore the has been referred to and is a " semi -pro league. The league consists of the best of the best amateur players , ex - professionals, soon to be professionals , ex national team players and current national team players from the states and Cananda. The ball stays on the ground in the PCSL and there are no hacks allowed , so the majority of you sidelined wannabes that could never play that level can just sit back and envy real talent and keep dreaming.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good morning and happy new year to all the wanna be players on this site.....! First of all it's pretty obvious that none of you have ever played in the PCSL. Instead you have played pathetic kick and run and hack soccer in the winter... All Pacific Coast league games are played in stadiums on close to or official size pitchs and in most cases you have to pay to see the games.....therefore the has been referred to and is a " semi -pro league. The league consists of the best of the best amateur players , ex - professionals, soon to be professionals , ex national team players and current national team players from the states and Cananda. The ball stays on the ground in the PCSL and there are no hacks allowed , so the majority of you sidelined wannabes that could never play that level can just sit back and envy real talent and keep dreaming.

So, Real Player, by the sounds of things, you should be lacing them up with Rivaldo at AC Milan this year. Good luck and hope you sign a big contract. Obviously, you deserve one. :rolleyes:

I am going to get healthy again and play in that league. I would love to play in a stadium one day. Is there an age restriction in the league? Is there a maximum amount of surgeries that a player is allowed to have before stepping into this elite league? Hopefully you can answer my questions. Thanks in advance.

Captain Tilly

real player

Not Bright
Aug 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey captain Shamrock ! well if you got a decent first touch and have less than 16 % body fat and are not a " butcher or a hack " you can play in the PCSL , by the way it sounds as if you have played in the league before....by the way I have played professionally in Europe and made more every month than the top player ...." Steve Kindell " does a seaons with the CAPS ! Winter Premier soccer is competitive don't get me wrong but the standard is vastly different from the PCSL, you watch any given game on any given day in the premier league and you will only have a handful of really competent , skillfull players playing on the pitch and the rest are just hard core plumbers that love tackling from behind and pulling shirts , climbing backs, sliding for no apparent reason, swearing at their own team mates, throwing elbows behind the play.....no what I mean ????

real player

Not Bright
Aug 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh another reason I decided to come on this forum of idle chat is cause I saw a posting about player shuffling and further banter on what certain players might or might not do. Well let me just say this the skill level and competencey level of every player in this league is acutally about the same.....with the excetion of only a handfull of players that are unique but by no means is any one player soooooo great that he deserves higher status !! Realistically everyone in this league are part time glorified AMATEUR SOCCER PLAYERS ___ with only really a handful that have had the distinction of playing at a higher level , wether that be pro, semi-pro ( PCSL ) or National and even NCAA.......so chill out do the best you can on those rain filled Sunday afternoons and try to concentrate more on your family lives and self interests cause most of you are nearing the end of your playing days and the other half will never play at a higher level.

HAVE A GREAT SEASON>

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winter Premier soccer is competitive don't get me wrong but the standard is vastly different from the PCSL, you watch any given game on any given day in the premier league and you will only have a handful of really competent , skillfull players playing on the pitch and the rest are just hard core plumbers that love tackling from behind and pulling shirts , climbing backs, sliding for no apparent reason, swearing at their own team mates, throwing elbows behind the play.....no what I mean ????

Actually, I do know what you mean. The Metro Premier league is NOT as good as it was several years back. There are a lot of fringe players who make it on pure desire alone. I can honestly say there are about 3 or 4 teams that actually play an attractive style of soccer in the Premier league. The rest do play a 100 mph game with a lot of missiles hoping to find targets, but rarely doing so. But I don't think a Coast League team would fare too well in the Premier because of the style. That has always been the knock on Coast Leagues teams. They don't have the desire that is required to take it to the next level. I have been out of the Coast League for some time now, so I can't really comment on this now. But that was the knock for awhile.

You do realise that Guinness and KNVB play in the Coast League, so it can't be that skillful. :eek:

You definitely made some valid points.

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am so happy to hear the refreshing comments from the "real player". As one can recognize he is an ex-prof from Europe who is way beyond this lame ass league we call the PCSL. Your standpoint will obviously be well beyond the understanding of any "local" talent. To be as good as you are (or once was) and be able to give the rest of the plumbers the straight dope on how awful the talent is may be really refreshing. It is true that Khalsa is a good team - but are you personally available for autograph sessions? :cool:

real player

Not Bright
Aug 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I can take a knock and a uppercut in the nuts, but my experience in the game has been at a higher level, I never said i was better than anyone or knew more. I am just reflecting on some of mentally of " fringe players " who use this forum for idle biased comment......The fact about the PCSL being a higher standard is true, whether you and your next door neighbors dog disagree !! It is just plain and obvious, the fact that the premier league has gone on a downward spiral is also a relevant fact: the premiere league was extremely high calibre 7 to 10 years ago! A PCSL team in the premier league will be interesting cause they ( KHALSA ) will bring a professional type style and attitude to winter situation ------ however due to size of fields, premiere teams being much smaller and the style of " run and gun " from the majority of the premier teams it will be a contrast of styles. In the long run I personally think it will be a good thing and the PCSL - 2000 champions Khalsa will bring some SALSA to this declining league we call " Premiere "

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Real Player

In regards to the PCSL being a better league than the VMSL Premier Division, I take it you never watched Penticton or Surrey in the PCSL this year.

The caliber of play in the PCSL has gone way down in the past couple of seasons.:confused: :eek:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Real Muppet

Originally posted by real player
by the way I have played professionally in Europe and made more every month than the top player ...." Steve Kindell " does a seaons with the CAPS!

I thought you were some Davor Sukor or Ruudi Voller after reading that post??? With all of the money you have made your opinion must be bang on!!!:rolleyes: It is obvious you know what every team in the PCSL are like... Maybe or maybe you are like everyone else on this site, just forming an opinion on what you have seen and not on the whole picture??? Khalsa have a talented squad, but why don't you cram that big Croat schnaz up Parm's (great guy BTW) arse a wee bit higher???

I never said i was better than anyone or knew more.
Ooooooops... Back peddling are we??? Typical, like most other toss pots that come on this site, give there two cents worth and fcuk off after 20 or so posts!!!:eek: You have nae scooby brother!!! As Captain said, how could KNVB or myself make it if the PCSL was soo much better???

GoingonrecordstatingRealmuppetfancieshimself!!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every now and again, its nice for someone to come on here and remind ordinary, run-of-the-mill muckers how useless they are.

Playing at a high level does in no way equate a higher knowledge or understanding of the game. Look no further than Bobby Lenarduzzi and Jason DeVos' tv analysis of the last World Cup as evidence to this claim.

If all we (and I use the term "we" to associate all the various plumbers you've ranted on about) can provide a player of your calibre are retalitory kicks, elbows and punches, kindly fcuk off and find some other lame e-forum where you and the rest of the ex-professionals can quietly stroke one another over the fact that you're better than most average players. I mean, it was you who came on here and immediately made efforts to isolate/seperate yourself from the common scum. Mission accomplished.

As for your comments between PCSL calibre and VMSL calibre....I don't see it as much more than a thinly-veiled attempt to boast and brag that Khalsa (did you play for them at one time? I only saw 11 different references to your Khalsa days) will completely thrash the Premier division. If so, maybe they can get promoted to a new, single-team, higher-than-premier division at the conclusion of the 2002/3 season.

We can call it the Salsa Division, in honor of your clever rhyme scheme. This way, elite players like yourself can play against one another, on big, lush pitches, in stadiums filled to the brim with all your fans, agents and autograph-seekers. All 13 of them. No worries about infiltration from the common soccer player - the S-League (how clever is that) will be open to registrations from you and all of your mates only, to ensure none of the riff-raff can get within striking distance. They'll be forced to muck it out in premier. You can even scrunch your socks down and throw those shin-guards away, coz they'll be no hacking in the Salsa Division! Referees will abandon red and yellow cards in place of a pocket-sized camera, in order for them to take pix as verification that they actually called a match were so many talented players took the pitch at the same time.

It'll be the perfect way to fix this league we call "Premiere".
-Sensei.

real player

Not Bright
Aug 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
well well , touchy tarts out there aren't there !!!! First of all I have never played for Khalsa, but many of my ex - teamates have and my comments are based on the observation on how that particular club is run and the type of soccer they play, other clubs that fall into that category are < the old Columbus, Croatia " A " , Pegasus , the old PCOV , Westside Rhino's and the old Metro Ford ( the Kenny Jenkins days ) , so essentially what I am saying is that it is good to see any club which is " Pro " soccer and into player developement come up into the Premiere. At the end of the day we still need to improve the level of soccer in every league. Oh and yeah I agree Parm is a great guy and a true sportsman.

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
a fine idea

I agree with the real player in his observation that the level of soccer can go up - however, his comments are starting to get repetitive and boring. You have a lot to say, but truth is, no one is more interested in it than yourself! Why don't you save yourself some time and have a great conversation with the nearest available mirror - that way, you can make all your points much quicker and you will have an audience that will truly appreciate your wisdom!:rolleyes:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Years Ago

7 - 10 years ago the Premier league had 10 teams, not this 14 team league that has watered down the top level of soccer in BC. We must go back to 10 teams in the Premier. I admit, there were a couple of years that I was glad to see the 3 or so shite teams at the bottom. It did make for a pretty shite product.

As for the kick-and-run style. Blame the winter and the field conditions (as well as the 14 team league). But when you play all summer, it gets pretty hot and the last time I saw a PCSL game, the pace was slower and the marking was tight only in the last 25 yards. Maybe we need something inbetween.

As for the players that were around 10 years ago. I recall Westside having many of them still around today, as well as Peg and, yes, even Sapperton (the old Club I team that won the league and Imperial Cup in the early 90's).

The question is:
Where are all the young players?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
why are you here

realplayer,

since you are sooooo rich (making over $3000 a month! WOW!), how do you have time to be on this thread. You would think a guy richer than Steve Kindel would be "high rolling" at the downtown clubs in Milano, Paris, London, and New York.

ivan

Not Bright
Aug 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey there whataboutbob, just wondering if you have ever played in the PCSL. I have and I disagree with you on the comment that there is poor checking and players are slower in the heat . I find that a very strange observation, if you were suffering from " heat stroke " I can understand, cause the last time I saw a PCSL game i noticed the players were very fit, skillfull , quick and were playing at a great pace.........it has always been a " high end " league and top notch in terms of calibre of players, if you have'nt played in the league you can't really knock it can you ??

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Years Ago teams used what worked and still do

Originally posted by whataboutbob
7 - 10 years ago the Premier league had 10 teams, not this 14 team league that has watered down the top level of soccer in BC.

As for the kick-and-run style. Blame the winter and the field conditions (as well as the 14 team league). But when you play all summer, it gets pretty hot and the last time I saw a PCSL game, the pace was slower and the marking was tight only in the last 25 yards. Maybe we need something inbetween.

As for the players that were around 10 years ago. I recall Westside having many of them still around today, as well as Peg and, yes, even Sapperton (the old Club I team that won the league and Imperial Cup in the early 90's).

The question is:
Where are all the young players?

Good comments here WAB, but on the field conditions comment, as a reason why teams play Looong Ball, I think it is because it works and gets results. Why it works is because teams want the presure off of thier defenders and on the other teams players.
Why, the league is watered down with 14 teams right, so the quallity of players on the field is down.
What happens is that players don't have the touch or confidence that they should have on the ball. But they can tackle like a Bull and run forever.
So instead of playing the ball out of the back, through the mid-field, and creating some chances for front runners from that, the ball is often played right upfront, and given chase, to try and create mistakes by defenders and keepers.

How many goals have you seen in the winter that are quallity build ups with great finnish. Most goals are scored from defensive errors, of bad passes, bad touches, or lack of communication.

Fields are better now in the winter than ten year ago, plus there are Turf fields to play on, but the style of play is still long ball, to match the quality of teams.

HOS

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts