Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Rocket

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw this a few months ago and found it surprisingly great. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys hockey or even just a well acted and written movie.

Skip all the same ol american special effect horse shite and give this a go. You will not be dissapointed.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks great visually from what I've seen and heard about the movie. So far, the best portrayal of hockey in a movie.

One issue that has been mentioned about it was that the producers couldn't get full licencing rights to use the names of teams and individuals, so it makes tracking the historical context a bit more difficult. For example, you don't get the names of the Rocket's linemates, or the guys he's playing against ("Boston" instead of "the Bruins").

The other thing that has been mentioned about this movie is that it's being viewed as a political manifesto for Quebec nationalists, with the way that the Richard riot is portrayed (the French vs. English power struggle in Montreal). Is the version you saw dubbed or did it have subtitles? The original was shot in French.

Il a but!

Trece

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0