Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier "The" Protest

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think this whole thing is a fcuking joke and its a discrace to soccer. the league is only overturning its decision cuz its jj. hes a great known player and hes a whitecap. if it was some plumber like knvb:p :p :D the league wouldnt overturn shite, they would look at the appeal have a chuckle at it and toss it in the garbage. i am also surprised that a team like sportstown would appeal this.. a team with a million dollar facility that has no fcuking class at all.. come on give ur fcuking heads a shake, take it like gentlemen(which i know zeus aint:p ) and get on with it for fcuk sakes

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref Beater,

The last thing you should be preaching about is class! :D :p

Besides we've heard it already.....If you really want talk about a discrace then we should talk about the shocking dispute Sporting made to get into Premier........

Now that was a discrace!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's a painful day...

Does a discrace have anything to do with Ultimate?

~TBwhodoesn'twanttofocusonspellingbutforfcuksakes!

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i wasnt part of that dispute but that was a dispute on points.. we are talking about a red. 2 totally different topics.nonetheless the league fcuked up royally on this dispute and they'll be seeing alot of appeals to reds for a while

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
easy there zeus

Our protest at the end of last year was based on the constitution. We had more points so according to the constitution we should've gone up. I think a playoff game was more than fair to A.C. Milan.

Cheers, Gomes

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref Beater

I think we need to look at the impact of the dispute as that is what's in question. I wasn't a part of our dispute either.

Our dispute, which I don't think will go anywhere, could result in a game being replayed. Your dispute resulted in AC Milan getting totally screwed out of the promotion which they earned unlike Sporting.

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref Beater you are talking about setting precedents that are a fcuking joke so i do think that the two are very closely linked. When it comes to promotion this year are two teams on one side going to get promoted because they have more points than the other side. Or for relegation will two teams on the side go because a team on the other side has more points. As far as the protest goes if you guys are not happy with it launch a protest against our protest. I think that JJ's red is a different circumstance than normal reds b/c there is no precedent in the rules for giving a player a red card for a hand ball in the offensive position so according to the rules it never should have been a red. If it was a red cardable offence then fair enough we would have no complaints.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AC Milan didn't get screwed out of promotion, they finished second in their group just like us, we had more points, a playoff was more than fair.

Protesting a red card and blaming the loss on the red is a totally different situation. How can you guys not see this?

Gomes

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
stick to managing the indoor facility

Correct me if I'm wrong but AC Milan didn't exactly win their side of Div 1 last year either...

In my view, Sporting had every right to protest last year.

In the current situation though, Sportstown management have gone too far. Protest a Red, sure, why not? I mean as players we've always been harping about not having a say on poor reffing and now it seems that we do have an avenue. But don't try and get a game replayed because of it.

It just makes you look extremely silly.

~TB.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you guys know that for relegation, Sikh Temple had to have a playoff against another team (i forget who) from the otherside even though Sikh Temple had twice as many points as them. The loser got sent down to div.2. If there was a playoff for this game, why wouldn't the vmsl give us a playoff for our game originally?

Gomes

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbiased

Zeus

First and foremost,the only team that got rooked last year was Bimini's,they earned the promotion and deservingly so.

Gomesy

You did have more points but were on the other side.After they came down with that decision,they put in a rule stating that teams would not be able to dispute points if their not on the same sides.I believe the Firemen had more points than Argentina last year but they still got relegated,nothing was disputed there:confused:

Just dont understand them justifying their decisions and then putting in rules stating it cant be done anymore.Absolute clowns that run the VMSL:mad:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is Crap!!!

I can't believe that anyone would protest a call like this in the first place. It happens to all teams sometime or other and I can think of many more important games than this one where the outcome was determined. So can everyone else!!

I have seen red cards go to the friggin' wrong player and everyone but the ref knows it. The Discipline people simply say too bad and move on. They don't take it back. The guy sits.

As much as I hate to admit it Catboxman - I mean Sandman is 100% right on this when he says that teams will protest to delay a red card now if it works to their advantage.

What a ridiculous precedent. This is clearly one of the dangers of letting the league get run like a not so benevolent dictatorship. The issue now is whether each club in Premier and possibly the other divisions will write to the league directors and categorically state that this should not be taking place now or in future. Or, will we all sit on our hands and do nothing.

As for Sportstown, I always felt they had more class despite the crying of Barby and his buddies on TTP on how much they have to support management, etc. Now we know how smart they really are and how they had this worked out in advance I'm sure.

But then again, being judged by some of the people doing the judging in this case is much like being tried by a jury of 12 people not smart enough to get out of jury duty!!! What do we expect.

:confused: :confused: :( :(

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesey the playoff for relegation was because a team dropped out on that side was it not? As far as trying to get the game replayed I agree that that might be going too far. Appealing JJ's red is really all i was interested in. However if our protest of JJ's red was successful than i guess we could argue that the result of the game would have not been the same if the ref hadn't of botched it.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Darby

However if our protest of JJ's red was succesful than I guess we could argue that the result of the game would hane not been the same if the ref hadn't botched it

Let's be honest here,if those twats overule the ref's decision and let you guys replay the game all hell will break loose.

And I thought us Wops were the biggest whiners in the league:eek:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We need some "lerb" to settle this thread down. ACM got screwed this year and it would be so fitting if Sporting got relegated back to Div. 1 as we are only a couple of games shy of slinching a promotion spot. Death to the VMSL directors.:cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Protest of the Week

Here is my call for POTW! JJ plays vs who is it Metro Ford I think!? He scores MF protests the fact that he played and the league is set back 10 years.

knvbisthinkingofgoingtotheVallynextyear:rolleyes:

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is getting out of hand!!!

Sporting Guys,

The only reason AC Milan had the same amount of points was because a team, which they beat, dropped out and subsequently they lost three points. So really, they had more points than you AND were on the other side.

All I was trying to say is that, I don't think Ref Beater or Sporting has any right to say that our protest is a "disgrace" because so was there's.

For the record, I don't think the game should be replayed but I understand them possibly wanting to have JJ's RED CARD reviewed. That's all.

I can guarantee that it isn't the first time a Red Card has been disputed.......

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
????

Zues,

Give your head a shake man...............Red cards are disputed every Thursday night! And then you walk out with your suspension and go from there..............

Whether or not JJ's suspension is valid or not doesn't matter to anyone here! What does matter is this is setting a very dangerous precident! Every single player and team excepts that the referees have a certain role to play in our games each week and one of those is handing out red and yellow cards! For the league to suddenly change its policy on this flat out WRONG!

KNVB proposed scenerio isn't that far off in my mind. If JJ scores a hat trick and Toon town gets the win against MF but it is determined that Jason should be suspended can't they protest the game? How different is that from playing an illegal player and losing the points?

For the record, and I think I can speak for most people here......we don't blame you for putting in the complaint, we blame the league for listening to it!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0