Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier "The" Protest

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You said it......

had we finished our chances instead of hitting the post, crossbar, and putting a couple over the bar that we still could have won.
Darby you said youreslf! Is it the Refs fault you can't score? Did he tip your shots over the bar? Fcuking quit your whinning!!

The Toons were all full of Piss at the beging of the season they stayed up last year, got a few wins now they are facing the HARSH reality of VMSL life! It's not easy to play here! This is not Div 1 (or the Vally:D )

If your upset then go practice your finishing! Don't waste the $50! Had you won and JJ got his red this never would have come to light. Would it?

knvbcouldhavetoldyoutheproblemwiththeToonsfor$25.00:rolleyes:
P.S. Welcome back WAB

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats not so KNVB, even if we had won the ref still would have had a shocker, and JJ's unwarranted red would still have been called and he would still be suspended. So even if we had of won we would still be whining.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref's

Jimmy~

Your problems go waaaaay deeper than any ref:D Keep on shooting though you make the rest of us forwards feel good!
Thanks;)

Did I mention that Surrey U won this weekend 1-0 over the no good stink'n ot to be tossed from the leauge BBY CDN's

knvbistryingtobeontopic:)

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb

Just call me the Swami for predicting you scoring the winner against BBY(albeit I was a lousy 3-7 for the week).Give me a shout for scoring the winner this weekend and it may just happen.

Jimmygraspingtogetoutofhisgoalscoringslump:D

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgen et all

The referee obviously thought JJ hand balled it on purpose and if he did he should be red carded. Fifa has announced that they want players to get carded in the world cup for diving and I agree with this. If JJ gets away with it the Toons are up 1-0 how is that any different than a defender stopping the ball. JJ is one of the best players I have ever had tyhe plessure of playing with and he is way to good to be doing that (if he ment to, and depending on how he feels on the night I could see him doing that as he could have been looking @ RUFC's cooler @ the next field)

Darby I am very surprissed at you, I figured you would have been furious with your clubs decision. You in the past have seemed to have more about you than some of the other lads on your team. I am pretty sure Stewwy would not like this shite.

Animal

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last post on this issue......

And as far as the rest of you lot go fcuk off, and if our whining annoys you then don't fcuking listen or read our posts

That is a mature approach. I am surprised at that comment, Darby.

but how else can you show your disaproval and your displeasure with poor officiating.

As it has been mentioned before: stick more goals by the other team and make sure, if you get the chance to play the team again, you stuff them. Filing a protest to the league is useless because the league will go with the ref 99% of the time. It does suck when refs make bad decisions but they are going to happen. I almost think the rules have changed regarding the player who intentionally hands the ball to try and score a goal, or create a chance for himself. Though my ref's ticket is from Guatemala, I think the ref can red card the player for 'disrepute'(sp?). It makes a mockery of the game when a player does this and ever since Maradona did it to England, it has been frowned upon. I didn't see it and I am not defending the ref but I am sure it was a discretionary call.

Hopefully, this whole thing is put to rest and everyone can get on with the season. We know we will have some calls go against us the rest of the year at some point, so we just have to accept them. None of us are getting paid, except the 96ers of course.

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, I forgot.....

Darby,

If you guys did win, would you have protested? I hope so because you are protesting a shocking call, and I hope you would have wanted to avoid having JJ being suspended for the next match. How else could you show your disapproval?

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
refs...

While we are on the topic, does the league keep tabs on their refs?

Sort of a performance audit.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take My Foot Out Of My Mouth?

Listen to this.....

Jamie (a Sap player) had lunch with Reuben Tremarco today, and Reuben said that it is very possible, if not likely, that the red card to JJ will be over-turned.:eek: A yellow only, perhaps?

Captain, this may be that 1% you were talking about.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be shocking.....

The league is in for a lot more problems than it already has with its' fcuking diabolical CAT system. Imagine what sort of message this would send to all the teams who feel they have been screwed because of inopportune red card?

Oh yah, I was supposed to stop posting on this topic now. Sorry.

BTW, you can't give a fcuking yellow card for such an infraction. It is either a red or nothing, completely based on the refs discretion.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bullshite

Just got back from the great Sportstown facilities and heard through the grapevine that JJ's red has been over turned and he is allowed to play this weekend. I don't have anything against the players on sportstown since i played with many of them through youth, but i find this decision by the vmsl to be absolutely shocking! Are they going to allow them to reply the game now too? This is fcuking bullshite!

gomesywhohadafewtoomanywobblypopsatsportstownandfeelslikespoutingoffalittle

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
new protest

I'm going to put a protest into the vmsl tomorrow stating that i think the Sporting vs. Inter game of last week should be replayed because I swear I heard the whislte blow before Zaurini stripped me off the ball in the box.:rolleyes:

thevmsldecisiononthesportstownprotestisshocking

Cheers, Gomes

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey I don't make the decisions around my club but I have to stick by and support whatever decisions have been made. That is part of being part of a team. As far as the situation stands now JJ can play on Sunday b/c he has a hearing to determine wether or not the card will stand, at which time if it does stand JJ will then miss the next game. If the league did overturn the card i would be very surprised that the league would rule against the refs.

Captain, yes we would still probably would have protested b/c we don't want to lose JJ for a game. I don't think the protest would be worded the same and different things would be asked for but none the less a protest would have been made.
Cheers, Darby

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am missing something here?????

Wasn't his hearing supposed to be last night, like every other player in the VMSL who gets a red the week before?

thisreeksofpolitics,

John

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL

How can we take these clowns serious.They always contradict themselves when all I hear from them is"the ref's decision is always right".The call may have been a questionable one,but if they do overturn the decision,other teams may use it as a precedent.JJ is a quality player and our league is better with him than without but a decision is a decision(at least thats what those clowns tell me at my disciplinary meeting) :confused:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tossed

I heard last night that the "Protest" was tossed out? as for JJ's red if they do let him get away with it(and that's what he would be doing) then ever Tom, Dick and Harry will file complants every time they get a red card. I know I will!

knvbhopesthevmsldoestherightthing!

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "protest" has been put off until the next directors meeting where it will be discussed but in the meantime JJ will be able to play this weekend.

If the "protest" is thrown out then JJ will have to sit out a game.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad precedent

If this is true......the league is royally screwing this up. What is going to happen is that every player who gets a red card is going to appeal so that they can play in the following weekend's "big game". This will especially get interesting during cup time........Come March and April...............mark my words......every red card will be appealled............resulting in a player being allowed to play the following week. I still don't believe the league would make such a irrational precedent.

Sandman

oh yeah.......Zeus you're still a fcuking moron.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman,

I was waiting for you to say something........At least your consistent!!!!

Didn't I take enough punishment from you at U19 with the "real"
Richmond United.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts