Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier "The" Protest

YoungRunner

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfair Result?

Following Argentina's win over Sports Town this past weekend, the Sports Town community wrote an appeal to have the suspension of Jason Jordan revoked and the game REPLAYED! They accuse the referee of being too harsh in his decision to red card Jason Jordan out of the game and complain that the decision directly cost Sports Town the game. They argue that the hand ball Jason got while hitting the ball into the net was unintentional and caused by a push from behind. I was 10 feet away and saw the whole thing. Mr. Jordan punched the ball into the net when he realized he wouldn't be able to reach it and there was no one pushing him from behind. This, however, is beside the point, you can't redo a game just because you don't like a referee's decision. Maybe the call should have been a yellow card instead of a red but the fact is that the referee called it how he saw it. If Sports Town had a problem with the call then why did they even finish the game. I'm sure that if Sports Town had actually won on Sunday, Argentina's manager would never have received a fax from the leaque stating Sports Town's appeal The players of Argentina didn't make the call, the referee made the call, so even if it was a bad decision, the players of Argentina should not be penalized for it. Who does Sports town think they are? Can't they loose like gentlemen? I've never heard of anything so outrageous as replaying a game because of a bad call. If Sports Town's appeal does go through and the game is replayed then that shows a direct insubordination of the referees by the league thereby taking away all authority that the referees should hold. The chaos of appeals and attacks on referees that would insue from this precedence would turn the league into a joke.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JJ needs a hug

I think the pink uni's are starting to get to them.

The protest will go nowhere.

~TB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sales pitch

YoungRunner~

Your right it is a joke! But I think they are just giving the league a bit of a "Sales pitch" they go in hard and want everything in hopes that when it's all said and done they just over turn the 1 game suspension JJ will get. This kind of thing im sure has been done in the past and I know the league stands by it's Refs. (almost to a fault) This move just makes the toons look foolish and desprate!(sp) I hope nothing comes of this but a long piss take of all TTPers on the Toons.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JJ did it on purpose!

Lads,

In a telephone conference with JJ last month he indicated to me that he wasn't impressed with Sportstowns last and final offer of minimum wage and free red boots when he signs. He wasn't at all happy and said he would be making a statement in his first game back!

yoursintheknow,

John

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willy & John,

I'm not even going to respond to your comments b\c the comebacks are too abundant......by the way, sorry to hear about your loss on the weekend.

As far as last weekend's game.... I can't comment b\c I wasn't there. I was gambling away my life in Vegas and when I woke up, yesterday, I heard we lost.

Youngrunner,

I can't say anything about the game myself but I'm pretty sure Argentina has protested about a few things in there life. If you want to talk about unfair......look what happened to us last year. We lost three points for playing JJ against Westside, even though they said it was ok! We lost that game 5-1 but they still took 3 points away "to make and example".

Stop your bitching you little baby and I'm sure the league will make the right decision.

:D :D

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Zeus, but I wasn't looking for "come backs". Just wanted to hear your Club's take on what appears, based on YoungRunners acccount, to be a pretty suspect appeal by the lads of sportstown.

Thanks for the heartfelt condolences re: our loss this weekend. :rolleyes:

Willy McCurious

BTW - is there any other pitch in Richmond your team would like to take over? :D

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Typical

This is so typical of these pamperd little babies (and I'm not even talking about the players). If things don't go there way they kick up a fuss. If this was any other team Argentina wouldn't get that fax from the league, it wouldn't have even got a second thought. I do feel for a few of the lads on the team as this is not there doing, I also hope that they soon wake up and realize all the shite that there organization pulls. I know the players feel loyal to the team, but they have to let go or let managment know that this is not juvenille and teams should do there talking on the pitch. When sportstown realizes this they will be a very strong team.

If anything does happen with this protest Coppertone and the I-ties will protest the last peg game and Croatia will protest there season:)

Animal

YoungRunner

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bitching?

Zeus,

If you want to see bitching, you should read the appeal your team wrote to the league. If you think my ramble was long, the appeal was 3 pages of whinning, crying and complete bullshit. I wasn't looking to start a fight, just to inform others in the league of what's going on in the league. Isn't that what this site is for? Or am I mistaken?

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Youngrunner,

I'm didn't say anything about the "appeal" b\c I wasn't there and can't comment.

What I am saying is that you seem like your so hard done by. Are you trying to cry out to your fellow TTP'ers everywhere and let them know what victims you are? or are you just whinning????

Sounds like whinning to me?

Animal,

The "management" is going to do whatever they think is best and that's their job and it's TOTALLY out of our hands. We just show up and try to win. That's all the players care about. If the "management" makes us look bad then who cares???? Not me?

YoungRunner

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zeus,
Does it make you feel good inside calling me a whiner? Like you said yourself, you weren't at the match and you haven't read the appeal so why are you even getting involved. I just tried to tell an objective story of the events that occured this past week. I'm sorry that it may make your organisation look like whiners but that doesn't mean that you have to call me a whiner as well, just to get back at me or whatever you are trying to do. Also, I don't really have anything to whine about because we won on the weekend and if you want to go back and check my posts you will see that I never did anything but congratulate opposing teams when we were beaten. And by the way I see you are still crying about those 3 points you lost last year. Unlucky!!!

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Youngrunner,

It just seems to me that you wanted to go on TTP to look for sympathy.......This subject is getting old anyways.

Congrats on the win but I WAS at our last game and the 5-0 spanking we gave you is still better than 2-0.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong perspective.....

Zeus,

I don't think Roadrunner is trying to get anyone to take sides here. I wasn't at the game either but know whoever made the decision within Sportstown to put a protest in, should seriously have his head examined. This is pure whinging at its best. Imagine if every team protested a game because of a potentially 'bad' call that went against them. I have played in a lot of matches where the ref had a direct impact on the game but never taken it to the point of protest. I know there are rules for ineligible players and all that stuff, but if you can't beat a team on the day, unless they played the match with 12 or 13 players on the field, the result is the result.

I can't believe that someone in your club(it doesn't matter if you were at the game or not) would stoop to that level. You can't be happy with that. It truly gives your club a black eye that it doesn't really need right now. Inter pulled the same sort of whinging a couple of years ago, I think, against Peg and the rest of the league basically turned against them.

Zeus, not that the protest will go anywhere(I hope it doesn't or I am going to protest the game we lost 5 years ago in the quarter finals of the Provincials to Powell River because of a brutal penalty decision), but try to find out who made this decision and gently ask them to withdraw it. It just doesn't look good for your club.

Captain

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young Runner is not whining

I can't agree more with the Captain Shamrock's comments if they really did put in a protest like the 'Runner suggests.

What the frig are people doing attacking the 'Runner when he is basically just giving us information as he sees it and knows it. Lighten up - don't shoot the friggin' messenger for his quite fair (as he sees it description of the events). :cool: :p ;) :)

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK i guess i will have to set the record straight b/c i was actually at the game. First of all the ref had a total shocker. He missed the peno and the red card from when i got pulled down in the box on a breakaway and then he seriously botched the JJ call. I saw JJ and I thought that he was trying to turn his chest onto the ball and then he got his elbow on it. It was definately a hand ball and wether or not it was intentional i guess only JJ knows. As far as the appeal goes it is not aimed against the Argies in any way, from my understanding it was in hopes to get JJ's suspension reduced and to make a point that we are not satisfied with the poor officiating that is far too commen in the league. If you care to look in the rule book it only states that intentional hand balls in your own penalty area are a red card offence, not in the offensive zone. So the red card was not only a poor judgement by the official it was also unwarranted from the rule book. We can not have officials who make up rules as they go along. So Young Runner you can rest assured that we are not attcking your fine upstanding team in any way. And as far as the rest of you lot go fcuk off, and if our whining annoys you then don't fcuking listen or read our posts.
Cheers, Darby

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cared to look...

Darby is right concerning the red:
From Law 12:
A player is sent off and shown the red card if he: Denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball
But, unfortunately, from Law 5:
The decision of the referee regarding facts connected with the play are final
The best the league can do is alter the length of the suspension but cannot overturn the results of the game.

I don't think I've been in more than one game this year where the referee hasn't got at least one call technically wrong:(
Making bad decisions is one thing, not knowing the rules is another:mad:

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Kurgan thanks for clearing that up. I and our management I am sure realize that the league will never reverse the refs decision but how else can you show your disaproval and your displeasure with poor officiating.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let Me Get This Straight

Darby,

Toontown spends $50 to tell the league that the officiating is terrible? A waste of money, I say. Why not just call Azzi direct and tell him how you feel. It is cheaper and the result will be the same; nothing will happen.

As for "players' and "management" being seperate entities. Right then and there, there is a problem with your club. Management AND players are a reflection of the club. Captain is totally correct when he says a player should tell the management to withdraw the protest.

As for refereeing......I'm sick and tired of hearing refereeing complaints....we all feel that we have been screwed in the past.....this isn't a new phenomenom that started happening 2 years ago since Toontown joined the league.

I'll be blunt. I have seen many, many clubs like yours; still wet behind the ears, just out of top level juvenille, management with youth politics fresh in their minds (making the decisions in youth, but have no decision-making power in mens), feeling like the league is against you.....tisk, tisk, tisk, life is so unfair to the precious young team. Thinking university soccer is the end-all-be-all of soccer-for that matter, Whitecaps. Well it is not.

These are the reasons that all the other clubs look at Toontown with a raised eyebrow and have no respect for you whatsoever. It is not what you do on the field that matters to all of us, it is your attitude off.

But, hey, there is hope for you yet; you're still young.

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB fair enough, I too get sick of listening to guys that whine about the ref and i try not to. It is a factor of the game just like wind, rain, or a poor pitch, but it is frustrating deal with. WAB you are right though we are a young and inexperienced team, and I have said that time and time again, however i don't feel that our team feels injusticed from the league or anyone elses conspiracy to keep us down. We were just pissed about a poorly officiated match that contributed to us losing three points. As a team we knew that we pissed on Argentina and had we finished our chances instead of hitting the post, crossbar, and putting a couple over the bar that we still could have won. The bottom line though was the officiating sucked and we were just letting someone know about it and a protest i guess seemed the best way. I could get on TTP and try and argue our case here but even if some of you did agree with us nothing would ever come of it. By putting our protest in we were simply trying to voice our concerns in a manner that we could see some results from.
Cheers, Darby

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts