Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup Final

Who will win on Sunday?

• Delta Metro United

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 39 78.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pak Final

Originally posted by scouser
Still shaking my head over the POCO result!! Who would have thunk it?!!!

Well, I've been quite for a while, just lurking and reading some of the interesting banter. I've also been chuckling about how this years Pak cup has turned out. Here's my two cents worth:

Poco:
Great team, did enough to get into the second phase, then took TP too lightly and lost. On top of all that, their most outspoken guy (Bored) missed the deciding PK......... way to give Sid more ammunition.

SC Peg:
Had the match of their lives against a weakened PAU side, then started yapping about how great they are. Meanwhile, everyone kept saying that one match doesn't make you a great team (seeying how we beat them twice in the league). They get stomped by Poco, then they barely beat a bottom-of-the-league team in Surrey U, then lose to Delta in the next round. Let me summarize your season for ya: 6th in league, no BCs. Good luck next year.

PAU:
Shat the bed against PEG, then came out and showed their true colors and character against Poco. Got knocked out on goal difference, now getting ready for BCs.

Rangers:
Have shown great poise and determination to get back to the final and defend their cup. The way the're playing, you'd pick them to beat their premier squad.......which makes me wonder why they don't just switch the two teams.......Rangers would kick Pegs ass. Rangers to win Pak final 2-1.

Delta:
Zero class........hope they choke and get bitch slapped (just like their #9 did) in the final.

And finally, I'd just like to point out that there are no premier teams from the top 3 finishers in the league, which proves my point waaaaay back when I said that ANYONE can win a short tournament, but it takes a lot more to do well in the league.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pak cup

I think when there is now tomorrow, thats when the good teams show up. Poco blew as did others. It says a lot when you can make it to the finals two years in a row. Pak Cup is harder to win than the league. Good luck Rangers.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 cents

I'd like to lend my support to the Rangers in the final. I have to admit boys, I wondered if maybe last year was a lucky one, but you've answered the bell, and hauled your asses back to the show again (and that's no easy feat with the size of some of your asses:)) Good for you! I'm fairly certain the majority of the league would love to see you come away with your second straight Cup win. More importantly, PLEASE don't let those snivling, pre-adolescent twats take the cup!!!!! They need to learn a thing or two about respect before they are worthy of hoisting it.

Good luck

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Social calendar

TTP event @ the NAP beer garden. Besides KNVB and Captain, who's all attending?
You should count me out of this one. I've re-checked my schedule and it would seem I have some sort of Cup game myself on Sunday.

I guess I should go. :rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2 cents

Originally posted by Skip
(and that's no easy feat with the size of some of your asses:))

Good luck

But you have to admit they're mighty fine asses.;)

Bored, Skip et al:

Cheers on the well wishes.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Possible problem.......

My wife leaves on Friday for 8 days, minus the kids. IF I go on Sunday, I have to get someone to look after them. If that is not possible I might have to drag them along which would be a nightmare. All of a sudden, things don't look that simple anymore... :(

Captain

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This sunday should be a beauty

This sounds like the most anticipated final in years and it should be great to watch. I'll be there with pints on.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talk about one sided

Holy crap I don't think I've ever seen such a one sided vote in all my life for two fairly even teams.I just hope that win or lose,(hopefully lose) that Delta understands something here.That to be a good team in this and any league you have to show some class whether you're the champs or not. Prediction Rangers 4 Delta 2 . And either way Delta to take a few well deserved knocks on some very unfortunate late accidental tackles.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
caution to the Rangers

I'd watch out for the Delta team if I was the Rangers. I bet their coach has given them the " it's us against the world... everybody hates us, the whole world wants us to lose" speech ala Gretzky at Olympics.

The Delta team has a decent side and for the last few games they've had the motivation that everybody else wants to see them go down.

I would like to see the Ranges win, but I'm expecting the game to be very close this weekend.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got it here...

He did make an impassioned speech. In fact, I have a transcript of Coach’s speech right here (found it crumpled up in the garbage can after training one night):

“OK OK…those Poco guys have been talking shite about us all year…they say we’re not good enough to compete in the Premier…pass me a beer…OK…Snowman is a doughnut eating bi-sexual…OK OK…FRASE, WOULD YOU LISTEN TO ME AND STOP MIXING THAT RUM AND COKE! COME ON FRASE! OK. We need to drink $1,000.00 worth tonight to come up with a $500.00 bounty for those little Delta Shits. OK…mix in some of my Prozak with that beer, would yah? OK. Where was I? Hey, lock that door! Tell the Premier guys to go share a change room with the Storm & Royals! OK. What do you mean talk slower? Stuff a beer down you hole and listen up! Ok. Where was I? Oh yeah…everyone has to stay for a minimum 16 beers tonight so we can fund our year end bus / golf tour. WHERE THE FCUK IS THAT PROZAK? That’s it! You’re benched Frase! And make sure you buy Dude all of his beer on Sunday! Betting against the Club…shame…shame….

OK. Good job lads! (Breath)”

That's some pretty wise motivational material.:D

Madhandle

Mar 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: caution to the Rangers

Originally posted by Sliver
" it's us against the world... everybody hates us, the whole world wants us to lose" speech ala Gretzky at Olympics.

The Delta team has a decent side and for the last few games they've had the motivation that everybody else wants to see them go down.

:D Finally, someone has some brains. Sliver i agree with everything u said. It will be a good battle. The best team will win. If they want to come out with their cheap tackles. It's okay we are big boys. we can handle it. It isnt us against the world. Its just simply, "No one can beat us" :D :D :D

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
careful now

Madhandle,

You are starting to sound like DM #9 with that quote. That's exactly what he (you?) said to Frank our coach after getting dummied by the smallest kid on our team.

Hey, good luck in the match anyways DM. Prove to us you're classier than the last two displays vs. SC teams.

Go Rangers!

Bollocks

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uh-huh you're killing me

I meant to remind you:

Tell Y.M. to pop by for our Rangers FC 20 year team girl reunion.
It's about 4:30 Sunday afternoon at the Newton showers.
She'll remember which ones.
Cheers, RF.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No doubt

I can't wait till the weekend ! Surrey over thirties are gonna beat the fireman and Surrey Rangers are gonna bitch slap the Delta nerds. See ya at Beer Creek lads.

Madhandle

Mar 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Uh-huh you're killing me

Originally posted by Rangerforever
I meant to remind you:

Tell Y.M. to pop by for our Rangers FC 20 year team girl reunion.
It's about 4:30 Sunday afternoon at the Newton showers.
She'll remember which ones.
Cheers, RF.

Good one numbnuts.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts