Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup 2003

Who will win the Pakenham Cup?

• Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Delta Highlanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey Sporting

• GN Sporting

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • GEU Black Knights

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • SFC Rangers

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Langley United FC "A"

• GEU Ultra

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Pegasus

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Langley Thunder

• Aldergrove United

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pak Cup !!

Who's going to win ?

Since this year it is single game knock out I think any team this year could win !
The premier teams this year are unconsistent & any one game any team can beat another team . I think the Rangers will have trouble winning 3 straight Pak cups. If they lose 1 game there out! Also this year there are all the Div 1 teams could be very interesting!!!:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
unconsistent
Have you ever actually said that out loud? :D

Single-game knockout is music to the TTP Pool Committee's ears :D With the unconsistent :rolleyes: play of all the teams in the Premier, there is no reason the Rangers can not defend their title and secure a spot in the Champions League... Hopefully they do not complain about the extra games to play :rolleyes:

~Regs.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
going for the 3 peet

I know for the next two months all i am going to hear from the valley lads,is thier is no way in hell the rangers will win it again!
this will probably be the same group of lads who said we would
never win it the first time,or the second time.
i'm not saying we are going to win it,but we are going to be
very prepared and ready to do what ever it takes to defend
our cup!

may the best team win.
coach.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
div 1

I believe div1 and premier will make up the pak cup.
div1 cat,div2,3,4,and under 21 will be the presidents cup.
that's at least what i have been told?
coach

Alfred E. Newman

Nov 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yea, I predict this will be one of the tightest run pac cups in the last few years. There are are three teams in my mind that could take it this year ( none of which being SFC ) but i wouldn't be suprised to see a young, talented team such as delta in the finals again.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This year will be pretty cool. Of course, I have my preferences (an all SFC final would be nice, despite the long odds), you obviously have to look at top teams like PAU, but I think we're in for some surprises. I think Poco, especially, could prove to be tough for a couple of reasons:

1. Poco hasn't had such a great year thus far (4 points out as of today), and may be all that much more motivated to prove themselves as a top club. It doesn't hurt that they have a ton of players with big game experience on the roster. Extra motivation being to win a Provincial Cup birth through the Pak.

2. PAU may be wise to pool their focus on holding off GN, GEU, and Delta for the Premiership title. Add to that, a Provincial spot on the line for finishing top 3.

3. GN, GEU, and Delta would be wise to focus on earning one of the top three league spots. Again, Provincial spot on the line.

Because of this, I think the situation favors either a final featuring a dark horse (TP & SFC Peg;) come to mind), as well as Poco and the Rangers. The Rangers, especially, will be prepared. I don't think anyone will be taking them lightly, but that said, they still have to be considered one of the best teams in the Valley. They’ll be well prepared and rested for a strong showing.

Because of all this, I'll predict the final four will be:

SFC Rangers
SFC Peg
Poco Dominion
Townsend Park

Of course, lots can happen to the Premier standing between now and the start of the first round. This is all assuming the table looks somewhat the same around February, and the Rangers don't all of a sudden suffer a dozen season ending injuries.
;)

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Peg in the final four?

Dude, generally you make some sense in your posts. I'd like to hear you rationalize that prediction. Does it involve a conspiracy or aliens? :eek:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

SFC Peg in the top four in the Pak?:rolleyes: You have a better chance fitting into your old CapeHorn uniform;)

Hard to make predictions this early. It all depends on who plays who on the way to the final four. Example would be GEU. GEU plays with their emotions, They can play PoCo and beat them and play the best game of their season yet play Aldergrove and get beat 4 nil :eek: :confused: Many similar examples can be used for most teams. Will be very interesting having the all Div 1 teams in the Pak this year. Good opportunity to see the Gap between Div 1 and Premier.

skytrainadvisedtodaythatsoccercareerisoverduetoinjury:( :( :mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good shout on the Cape Horn unis. :D Those fcuking things were uglier than the "V" style Canucks jerseys, and they breathed about as well as a Zip Lock. Ah well...we still looked good in 'em beating up on ICSF.;)

Back on topic: when does the draw happen? Anybody know if there will be pre-seeding, or will it be the old "name out of the hat" routine?

KeepyourheadupSaints

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think seeding should be based on past performances in the cup like UEFA does for it's cups.

I thought I'd only have one year, but two years of this shite, is the shite. :D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
too early

......to be getting excited about the Pak cup.

I DO like the change this year with the 1st Div teams included. Makes for more of an adventure. With the new single knockout format, there will most definetly be upsets. I like it.......unless we lose. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup- Tie rules

Does anyone know what the rules are this year as far as "Cup Ties"?

In the past, once a player within the club played one game for a team in the Cup, they were "Cup Tied". For example, a player may be playing reserve, or lower, all season, then when Cup play came around, and that player was on the roster for the Pak Cup game, that same player could not play for any other team in the club for any other Cup for the remainder of the year. At least, I think that's how it worked.

Coach, I beleive you used to do this: you'd be signed to Div. 4, but once Cup play came around, you'd put yourself on the Rangers roster. Do you require an official transfer first?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
correct dude

We used to sign five of us down to div 4,this way guys could help
out the other teams in the club.Once jan came around we did a league transfer and played only with the rangers for the cup.
I asked if I could stay down and play presidents cup with donegals,thus coming up for the rangers on a permit for the PAK cup games.The answer was no,you play in one cup and for one team only in cup time.It really does make sense.

cheers,coach.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you actually have to transfer, you can't go up on a game permit, correct? I guess that even applies w/ Cat players- if a Premier team wants to make sure some of it's reserve players are available for Pak Cup play, they'd better make sure they have their Cat league players transfered up by Jan. 1st, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts