Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup 2003

Who will win the Pakenham Cup?

• Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Delta Highlanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey Sporting

• GN Sporting

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • GEU Black Knights

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • SFC Rangers

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Langley United FC "A"

• GEU Ultra

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Pegasus

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Langley Thunder

• Aldergrove United

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
if a Premier team wants to make sure some of it's reserve players are available for Pak Cup play, they'd better make sure they have their Cat league players transfered up by Jan. 1st,

This will make it more difficult for Cat teams to win the presidents cup as some of there better players will be signed for there premier sides as subs hoping to play in the pak games.:(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True, but what significance does the President's Cup have these days? Only two years ago, the winner of the President's Cup at least had the bragging rights of being "The best team in the FVSL, outside of Premier" (That is, with the exception of the Rangers, who played Pak). Now with Div. 1 & Premier excluded, it takes on a lot less significance.

Now, I spent a couple of years in that other league, but in the early '90's, I seem to remember that every team played in both Cups...wasn't that the way it was? When I came back to the FVSL, all of a sudden we could only compete in one, and Premier teams were required to play the Pak.

I'm of the beleif that they should go to one Cup- the Pak- start it early, and give the Premier & 1st div. teams 1st round byes. It would make the league a lot more interesting, and competitive during the Cup runs.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
True, but what significance does the President's Cup have these days? Only two years ago, the winner of the President's Cup at least had the bragging rights of being "The best team in the FVSL, outside of Premier"

Dude: I may beg to disagree on your point.

See, two years ago, sorry three years ago, the Rangers won the President's Cup, then we won the Pakenham, twice. :p
So, "the best team in the FVSL, outside of Premier" tag may not really apply here in my humble opinion.
Based on that year you could theoretically remove the "outside of premier" bit for that President's Cup year, based on popular opinion.

I suggest you use "four" years back for your arguement.

No need to thank me, just people helping people.

:wa:

Uh-huh, uh-huh.....uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point is not moot...

Originally posted by Rangerforever

So, "the best team in the FVSL, outside of Premier" tag may not really apply here in my humble opinion.

I hate to say it but I agree with you Ranger. Since 1995 3 out of the 8 Pak Cup champs have not been premier teams.
:confused:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Pakenham Cup Draw for 2003.

Here it is boys. The draw for the Pak. There are some interesting matchups to say the least.

Here it is:

Game 1 - GEU Black Knights vs Alouette Razorbacks
Game 2 - Surrey Metro Sporting vs PoCo Raiders
Game 3 - Chilliwack FC vs Delta Metro Highlanders
Game 4 - Winner Game 2 vs GN Sporting Club
Game 5 - Peace Arch United vs Winner Game 1
Game 6 - Surrey FC Rangers D1 vs Langley United FC "A"
Game 7 - CentroAmericano United vs GEU Ultra
Game 8 - Surrey FC Pegasus vs Langley Thunder
Game 9 - Aldergrove United D1 vs PoCo City Dominion
Game 10 - PoCo City United vs North Delta United

What's with the Rangers getting a pushover in their first game? Is the league trying to get them to threepeat or something? I guess you have to go easy on the old guys.:D

Good luck to everyone.except PAU;)

PS - when we get down to eight or so, I'll start a poll.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just did the bracket up. If the Rangers are to threepeat, they'll have to go through PAU.:eek:

Assuming the league leaves the bracket the way it is.:rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.
Was anyone informed on this?
It just kind of appeared out of nowhere.

Looks like they seeded the opening round to just Div. 1 teams.
Don't know if I find that fair, but obviously a scenario like Peace Arch playing PoCo in the first round would have been unfair too.

What's the word after Round 2?
Anyone know?
TR, are you sure this is how it would work?

As couch, oops I mean coach, just told me, this provides for some banter on Monday night.
Serious fcuking banter. :mad:

;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Da Bobeto

Does the draw follow a continual format or is each round a random draw??? I fancy PAU's chances of getting to the elit eight and like the fact their are only 3 Premier teams in the top half, where as the bottom half has 5 PLUS the 2-Time defending Champ Rangers!!!;)

#20 in your program and #1 in your hearts, Guinness

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those of you who are a little slow (there are many over here, I believe), Games 1 & 2 are "prelim" games...

Thus the 'top' half consists of games 3,4,5,6 and the bottom half consists of games 7,8,9,10

You'll note then that there are 4 Premier teams in the top and 4 in the bottom.

:rolleyes:

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I said, there are many over here that are slow... even after you spell it out for them :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright, alright.....to much good cheer at work today, I get it already. Some people confuse the Highlanders as a Premier team. It happens.:D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pak draw

Interesting draw.

possible Poco/North Delta match up in the round of 8.....and of course, PAU/Rangers. ;)

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't underestimate the Div1 teams!

We have seen upsets in the Pak cup before so for all you premier teams you better watch out for some of the Div1 teams (Razor sees a few upsets this year in the cup run!):D

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
interesting

you know what else is interesting, the two bottom feeders of the Premier division square off in the first round (Peg vs. Lang). Kinda odd, don't you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts