Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Napstermath...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry

Unfortunately I do tech support for small businesses not home stuff. Just shows you what people are actually doing at work. Downloading like it's going out of style.
:rolleyes:
I know what you mean Regs, I gave KNVB steps on how to reformat and re-install windows. Haven't heard if he's tried it yet but I figure I will get a couple more PM's about it.

I don't mind doing tit for tat stuff.

What's Shamrock got to offer me?

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

Can I give Captain Shamrock your number then? I'm tired of receiving his whole hard-drive emailed to me in an attachment

Regs,

How long do I have to wait for this? It has been well over a year now and I am still waiting for that fcuking hard-drive you promised me.

Yoda,

Unfortunately, I have nothing to offer at this point in time....

Captain

handcannon

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Audiogalaxy keeps on ticking

I have had much success with Audiogalaxy since becoming completely disenchanted with WinMx. I'm downloading mostly new dance music, and find pretty well everything I am looking for. For more established artists, a lot of the downloadable files come up blocked, so I guess it really depends what you are out there looking for.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Audiogalaxy

Couldn't agree more with Handcannon. I am sold on the virtues of Audiogalaxy. I can count on one partially mutilated hand the number of times I have been unable to find an artist (unfortunately Fastshow, your snow patrol track is one of them).

I've been a faithful WinMX-er for the past year or so, but since entering the Audiogalaxy, I've never looked back!

Willy

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Idiot #1

Willy

Junior Piss-taker

Sport: soccer

Posts/Day: 0.33
-----------------------------------------

Who the fcuk are you?

Please send Undermars Demo Tapes to the TTP Gestapo within the next 30 years. I have some ideas :rolleyes:

Yours in being cryptic in this big AudioGalaxy we call home,

~TB.

handcannon

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
calling all snow patrol cars

Willy,

I've tried to assist our bandwidth-challenged chum Fastshow with this Alpine Stars nonsense as well, and have been roundly slagged on this site for not coming up with the goods, as it were. I can't find it anywhere, and am starting to doubt whether such a song actually exists, or whether it merely a figment of the aforementioned's rather wild imagination.

HC

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Luck with...

Bear Share for all of your old school favourites!;)

+Sc

Regsiwasofftopicintheabovepost:rolleyes:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
existenz...

If I had the tools you lot have access to we wouldn't find ourselves in this damn mess. In fact, I reckon I could train one of my pretentious barnyard animals to find the bloody song you lot seem incapable of tracking down simply by showing her a couple of episodes of The Rockford Files fifth season.

It's well worth your while and is even more enjoyable than sitting on the washing machine.

Alpine Stars. Come on, get it sorted.

GhostRider

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
audiogalaxy

After reading this thread I just downloaded Audiogalaxy and it really blows my mind! Thanks guys! I'm a Brave New Waves junkie and I've been able to download about 90% of the songs I wanted off their playlist after fcuking around with the pitiful WinMX for the last year or so.

RE: Kazaa
I know the piggy-back spyware Kazaa installs has been mentioned on this thread but I'm not sure if everybody is aware that Brilliant Digital really just wants your CPU. Their software is used by other massive CPU intensive software (like DNA mappers) that uses a percentage of every CPU on the network for processing. (that's like 15million CPUs) How violated do you feel?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: audiogalaxy

Originally posted by GhostRider

RE: Kazaa
I know the piggy-back spyware Kazaa installs has been mentioned on this thread but I'm not sure if everybody is aware that Brilliant Digital really just wants your CPU. Their software is used by other massive CPU intensive software (like DNA mappers) that uses a percentage of every CPU on the network for processing. (that's like 15million CPUs) How violated do you feel?

Huh? :confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Use Caution

FYI:

With the massive amounts of data transferred every minute on KaZaA it was bound to happen. Someone let loose a virus on the KaZaA network. The Benjamin virus names itself after applications already in distribution on KaZaA so users will download it. Once on a computer, it cleverly displays an error dialog box with an OK button that, when clicked, lets the virus install itself in the system directory.

~TB.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
spyware / scumware

Looking back on this thread and reading about Kazaa and the additional "features" it installs for you. I thought I'd mention Ad-Aware Software . It's free and quick to install.

Basically it's kinda like Antivirus software only it scans your memory/registry/hard drives for spyware (Gator/Doubleclick...).

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and it works great.

Of course I wonder what they're collecting from my pc. :rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0