Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The House Of Habs II

How will the HABS fair this season

• Not Make the Playoffs(no this is not a canuck poll)

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • First Round

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Second Round

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Third Round

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Stanley Cup

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it's time for the best fans in the world to re-unite on ttp and follow the HABS on their way to glory this year. With Theodore locked up for another three years the HABS look to challenge for the Eastern Conference. Hands down the best Canadian team in the East and much better than the Canucks.....ya , who made it further last year;) ....I can already envison the see of Red and blue supporters @GM Place come Jan 2. with the majority of the people chanting, GO HABS GO ......GO HABS GO ...GO HABS GO :rolleyes:

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Move out east

if you don't support the canucks.

What have they accomplished this century (2000's). As far as I'm concerned I support them as much as I support the blue jackets.
:D

Go 'Nucks!!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What have the Canucks accomplished this Century? Or the Last Century? Go get some Indians to buy your team ....

And the comment about moving back east if I dont like the nucks was used countless times last year by my arch nemesis GUINNESS:mad:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of the habs, the best goalie nickname of the modern era has to be Andre "Red Light" Racicot.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to mention....

Saku is back and healthy....

Killer has the itch for one more try....

Some very creative signings/additions.

I like what they have done.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demo

This IS the HABS page....

Go to the Valley thread and flaunt your France jersey there....maybe you can buy some friends by treating them to some Pacho's with your Gift Cert.

Go HABS Go

(and, yes, I do support the Nucks)

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for coming out

Demo, What hole did you crawl out of ?

Aren't you the Twat that likes the Oilers? Why don't you fcukin move to Edmonton...your close enough as it is!!!

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like I'm going to love this year. No games have even been played yet and already I'm under your skin:p

By the way: I'll be supporting the team that is right here in Vancouver.:knvb: :bronco: :wa:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moving in the right direction

Habs' payroll jumps to $46 million

tsn.ca Staff

MONTREAL (CP) - With the signing of Richard Zednik, the last of their restricted free agents, the Montreal Canadiens' payroll has jumped by $8 million to about $46 million US this season.
The boost, due mainly to the three-year, $16.5 million contract awarded star goaltender Jose Theodore, could bump the Canadiens from the middle of the pack into the top-10 highest paid NHL clubs this season.And while trades or losses of players in the waiver draft may change the total before the regular season, Montreal players are encouraged by owner George Gillett's apparent willingness to spend money on a promising team.
It was a great feeling going home last summer after a positive season and knowing that we made some positive moves to help the team," veteran defenceman Craig Rivet said Thursday.
"We added scoring last year with guys like Donald Audette and this year with (Mariusz) Czerkawski, who has been incredible in training camp. And we got some needed toughness in Randy McKay."You couldn't say it a couple of years ago, but we have a tremendous amount of depth now and the credit for that goes to management for keeping this team together." After acquiring Audette, Joe Juneau, Yanic Perreault and Andreas Dackell last season, the Canadiens reached the playoffs for the first time in four years and won back many disgruntled fans by reaching the second round of playoffs.Third-year general manager Andre Savard did more tinkering this summer, dealing away unproductive winger Sergei Berezin and acquiring Czerkawski in a trade with the New York Islanders for fourth-line winger Aaron Asham.Savard also signed the 35-year-old McKay as a free agent from the Dallas Stars.But Savard's most important - and most expensive - moves were signing some key players already on the team - Theodore, Zednik and veteran centre Doug Gilmour.
"Ownership has made a strong commitment - that they want the Canadiens to operate and be successful," said Savard. "They want to win."Our fans pay a lot of money and they want to see a good team on the ice. Salaries keep rising. It's difficult for the owners to keep paying, but if you want to keep your best players, there's not much choice."Signing McKay helped convince Gilmour to put off retirement and return on a new contract for one year plus and option year. He is to earn $2 million this season.Theodore, whose heroics lifted Montreal into the playoffs and won him the Hart Trophy as the league's most valuable player and the Vezina as top goaltender, made for tougher negotiations.The 26-year-old goaltender earned $1.65 last season and will jump to $5 million in 2002-03 to make him the highest paid player in team history.Zednik, who had career highs in goals (22) and points (44) last season, jumps from $765,000 to $1.7 million this season on a two-year, $3.5 million contract.<
Another big increase went to defenceman Patrice Brisebois, who jumps from $2.5 million to $4 million as he begins a three-year (plus an option year), $13 million contract signed during last season.Team captain Saku Koivu, who made an inspirational return last spring after missing nearly the entire season with abdominal cancer, agreed to the same salary as last season, $3.3 million.The Canadiens are still well off the league's top payrolls, including the Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings, who will pay their players $63 million this season.Payrolls for the coming season aren't all settled because some free agents remain unsigned, but a $46 million payroll in 2001-02 would have been ninth highest in the 30-team league .And the Canadiens' payroll may come down, depending on whether they lose a player in the waiver draft on Oct. 4, or if they opt to trade veteran goalie Jeff Hackett, who is to earn $3.6 million this season.It's too early to tell if spending more money will turn the Canadiens into contenders - it hasn't worked for the New York Rangers in recent years - but it should help, particularly in the Eastern Conference, where there are no longer many clear playoff favourites. "We've had a very good start to training camp and some of the young guys look good," a cautious Rivet said. "It hurt to lose (defenceman) Sheldon Souray to a wrist injury, but the team has gotten stronger."I don't think you can say we'll be one of the most powerful teams in our conference. Only time will tell. There's a lot of teams that have a chance. It will come down to things like injuries. We've had more than our share of those in recent years, so I hope we don't have any more."

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont think so.....

Maybe Hackett?

In the paper, there is a right up re: not wanting to send Garon to the minors (becuase he will have to clear waivers, and the Habs think someone will pick him up)
Therefor, I know they are shopping Hackett.

But, If Gretzky could get traded....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that the Habs are getting heat from the other Canadian teams because they are fcuking up the drive for governmental aid packages with their large payroll.

In the long run, they will not be able to afford Theodore anyways if he does indeed turn out to be more than a one year fluke :rolleyes:

It all makes sense when you look at it from that perspective...

~Regs.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree....

Theodore is making in around 5 mill for the next three years...after which, if the team cannot afford him, in steps Garon.

Which is why the cannot afford to lose Garon on the waiver wire.
There next step is to highlight Hackett, and trade ASAP (although I really like what the brings to the HABS)....just doesn't fit in the cards.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hackett

What kind of $$ does Hackett make?

He was a starter for a while, but has played backup now for a few years. Also had a bit of the injury bug in the last year or two. I never felt he was really reliable as a starter, so if he's making big $, that makes him not that valuable as trade bait. :confused:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bure is out of tonite's game with a nasty case of strep throat. Chain smoking cartons of Marlboro Reds will do that to you. Anyways, just a bit of good news for you die-hard Hab fans who are chalking up the Rangers' 4-1 whipping of Carolina as nothing to worry about.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
12 Goals

Whats happening to the Mighty Habs and more importantly Theodore.....12 goals in the last 2 games allowed is inexcusable for a Hart trophy winner:confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Philadelphia 6 Shithabs 2

Theodore is really earning his money. What a pummel last night. You've gotta love those Flyers and Ken Hitchcokc! John LeClair bitch slapped his old team AGAIN. How does 28 goals and 14 assists sound in 29 games against the shoc-king Habs? I would say it sounds pretty damn good.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting decision by Therrien to stick with Hackett and keep Theodore on the pine. I've always been a proponent of sticking with the hot hand until the luck runs out, but when you've got a Vezina & Hart trophy winner sitting on the bench for 7mil a season, the decision isn't so cut-and-dry anymore.

This is the year of the Lightning anyways....Habs brass should pull the trigger on whatever it takes to bring Vinny Lecav home right now. It looks like his time has come.

-Sensei

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts