Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003 / 2004 Part I

Who will win the FVSL's Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Aldergrove

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • North Delta Lions

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Delta United

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just stopped by Mackie on my way home and G.N. and Sikh United were still drinking it up and dancing. Something about turning lightbulbs. Anyways, as you read 1-0 G.N.
Told from a couple of Buddies from G.N. that they should have netted much and many more.
GN singin"we're green, we're white, we are great"
so then they sang" we're young, we're fit, we played the fcuken shitz" Geeeee N, Geeeee N!
:D :D

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
chilli vs poco

The game started fast and furious with poco missing a glorious oppourtunity in the first 10 min... The next 35 chilli controlled the flow, and dominated the scoring chances. Joel had to stop 2 breakaways {4 in total} to keep the score at 1-0 at half.We played better defesively in the second half and got a bit of a brake from a bad call on a second yellow on Cam. Poco actually tied it at 2 and looked like we could win the game, then a terrible non-foul call on their forward led to their 3rd goal.Chilli full credit for their win. Joel was the only reason we were still in it till the end. I hope the crowd enjoyed that entertaining game. Osame would like to apologize for any f-bombs that were intended towards the men in black. Speaking of men in black, that was a shocking performance. The ref used the f-bomb numerous times while talking to our players. It was quite ovious it was personal, not only from his actions but from what some of the chilli guys said to us after. He and his crew are not prepared enough to ref at that level. Could they perhaps be from Chilliwack?:rolleyes:
Hopefully we get some guys back by then (about 6].Its not quite a cooler full of beer time yet, but maybe we can talk about a round{Pau} boys.....

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yikes!!!!!

Po Co, one tie and two losses, who da thought?

Hey bin madden, what the fcuks up?

A very long road back for the red and black!:confused:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilli players

Any Chilliwack players want to give us the scoop on this weeks turn around?

Players back? New signings?

Did the coach finally put himself in to win the game?

yodadoesntknowiftheresevenanychilliplayersonttp.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osamee

Sounds to me like the loss of a number of key veterans, combined with injuries, are taking there toll. At some point, every club has to get younger, and when you do, you have to lower your expectations for a while, and endure the growing pains. In the long run these tuff times will be worth it. PAU have been fortunate enuff to find a couple young guys from our youth in the last few years, the perfect recipe would be to get one or two each year. When you have to insert six or seven all at once thats a whole different story. I'm sure your core guys will keep you guys right in the mix, and I hope they don't get to disheartened. Sometimes you have to take one step back to take two steps forward;)
After winning last year I told my guys, "the pressure to win is off " obviously we want to repeat, and thats our goal, but now we have to develop a couple of our young guys.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW!
Poco losing to Chilli.
I wouldn't have ever bet on that one.
I always thought Poco was a top3 team. Has there team changed that much? I don't understand it, Chilli didn't have nothing up front against us and their D was not that strong.
Peoples say the Lions haven't been tested yet against a good team yet but Poco has lost to the same 2 teams that we killed.
WOW!

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
huh?

What's going on here, all these upsets are crazy. They're actually pretty cool cause things are really getting mixed up. Well done Chilliwack for taking one off the big bad east giant POCO. Impressive. What was the game like, i want detail.
With Delta and POCO losing at the beginning of the weekend i already lost two points on my predictions :confused:
I wonder what else the wekend has in store?

Rhider stands in shock:eek:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
young guns

Originally posted by cainy

After winning last year I told my guys, "the pressure to win is off " obviously we want to repeat, and thats our goal, but now we have to develop a couple of our young guys.

I used to be the young guy:D ,...the future...
...I coulda been a contender :rolleyes:
now I'm the old guy.
Still hangin' around trying to get the job done. :cool:
(kinda like cainy-sage-skip at the roxy:eek: )

With this svelte physique it could be years.:rolleyes: :wa:

gotta go make lunch for the kids and cut the lawn

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley/Delta

Good game played at a decent pace for the full 90 that I feel we we deserved in the end. Delta never stops working.
Thanks to Cainy's suggestion we practiced humping the ball up the field for a good hour at training and it came in handy. We simply were able to kick the ball further than Delta.
Loving the tight tables. I can't believe I am saying this, but lets go PAU, ground the mighty Lion.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Langley/Delta

Originally posted by LFC2
I can't believe I am saying this, but lets go PAU, ground the mighty Lion.

I saw the 1st half of the ND LIONS / PAU PREM Game. It was 2-2 at the half and in my opinion ND was the better team at 45. They were quicker and more disiplined. ND's fullbacks looked a bit suspect though on the PAU goals and on some of their rushes, if PAU was able to apply more pressure the result might have been different, I will await the final score to see if PAU stepped up.

The ball was in PAU's end of the field MOST of the first half.

ND #6? I believe scored a very nice goal after charging in from Center, beating 2 PAU players and slotting into in the back of the net. Some other ND player with a bad upturned collar was also quite strong taking on the veteren PAU fullbacks.

ND seemed to be getting the benefit of the doubt witht he whistles.

Look forward to hearing the final score.

Cheers.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
one way traffic !

P A U tooks the kids to school in the second half.
Now don't get all mad N D L,you guys are off to a terrific start.But that second half was a good wake up call to how much fitter you are going to have to be.P A U totally out worked you guys in the second half,and they are given full marks for the win.That being said,the lions are a very good team who have suprised everyone(excluding myself.)This is a good learning experiance for the young guys,and it will only make them better.

Cory that was a smashing 40 yard solo run,and a whale of a finish.(top notch big man.)

Johnny C (aka guinness) ran miles and was rewarded with two nice goals.

Sage was a work horse and gave thier back line nightmares all game long.

Skipper, solid baby,just solid!

Coach.:cool:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Score...

Since it hasnt been mentioned yet...
PAU 4 - 2 Lions

Also, the Lion that took the ball from center to score the second goal was none other than LION himself... sexy goal, buddy.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: EXTRA EXTRA....

Originally posted by Knight Rhider
read all about it.
Good on you Langley for pulling out onto Highway 10 with a W. I wish i could of seen the game to see what yall was workin wit. There's always next time.

What an upset huh? Well I'm sure the guys from Langley were confident in themselves. But don't you LOVE upsets. When EVERYONE thinks one team will win and they lose. It just adds so much when a highly ranked team gets UPSETTED. Don't you agree?;)
I guess thats the nature of the game you just never know, on any given night/day ANY team can be defeated.

Rhider just riding the upset train... :cool:

I guess your car became detached...

Good game to watch... some great goals... some great saves... Lions did well until the last 10 when they lost their concentration... tough way to finish the game.

Now check the standings... wow... tighter than a nun on Sunday.

max power

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace arch was clearly the better side in the second half. The first half was even with the score 2-2. The lions will be a much different team when they get their 5 missing players back. Some are playing college, and a couple more are out of town for work. The lions will see where they really stand when they get a full squad. That said, peace arch was the better squad and fully deserved the win, no questions.

Hey guiness, didn't see you play like that in Kamloops or the Douglas alumni game. Nice goals buddy.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 1 Langley FC 2

After getting my computer back on line after a major hard drive crash on Friday, I just wanted to congratulate Langley on a well earned win. Upset...:eek: , I don't think so. Langley are a much improved team from last year and will continue to take points with performances like that.
The game continued to swing back and forth for 90 minutes and they got the result. Delta missing a golden opportunity in the first five minutes after the keeper coughed up the ball on a cross and then taking full advantage of a breakdown in the middle to go in at the half 1 - 0. Delta came back early in the second to tie it up and then backed off to let the game swing in Langleys favour. Again they finished their chances and despite a barrage of pressure in the last ten minutes on the Langley goal they held on for a well deserved win.

Well done lads, looking forward to the rematch on the turf.. :D

With the other results posted, I guess GEU could be top if they pulled off a win against Aldergrove.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0