Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003 / 2004 Part I

Who will win the FVSL's Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Aldergrove

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • North Delta Lions

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Delta United

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LION
When does the league usually put out the schudule?
Looks like 7 out of the 10 teams are playing Friday nights.
It would be great to open up the season with a N.Delta vs Delta
Friday night game at J.O.
LETS GET DIRTY!!:D

I can never make the first game of the season... bummer. Make Delta vs ND game two... that would be exciting!!

Well exciting for at least two guys... eh, LION?

The kid is fired up about the season ahead.
(I'm the kid, by the way... talking in wrestler-speak... third person ya dig...)

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion- where will your team be playing thier home games this year, are you going to be sharing JO park with Delta Metro on friday nights or will you be playing on sundays?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I heard is that we got Friday nights at the Turf in North Delta.
9:00 p.m.
yah...

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i guess we will be alternating the turf every friday then. is the div 2 Delta Players team still going to be playing before us every friday?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great

More 9pm matches without the use of the match box size changerooms!!!:mad: Fcuking rif raf set up!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob isn't against Friday nighters. In fact, I love the idea, but 9pm is gay. Especially in Delta.

It's a good thing I'll probably be playing in Div. 3. Don't have to worry about Friday night marquee matchups.:D

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Allignment.

Originally posted by TheRob
[Here are TheRob's predictions for the year:

1. PAU - unless Guinness starts. ;)
2. Poco - unless Osame is still coach. :eek:
3. GEU - need a coach.
4. Langley - sound like they've gotten a lot better
5. North Delta United - Pak Cup hangover?
6. GN Sporting - depleted by SUFC?
7. North Delta Lions - good effort in their first year.
8. Chilliwack - the slide continues.
9. Aldergrove - should they be here?
10. SUFC - see #9. [/B]

Thanks for the confidence Roberto, moving up one spot from last year:wa: ahead of your coachless geu, now I'm confident.....

A young blonde asked her doctor to remove a large chunk of green wax from her navel. The doctor asked " how did this happen"? "My boyfriend insists on eating by candlelight."

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Turf fields

Originally posted by MILLSY
What's with all the turf fields? They're fukcing crap and do nothing but shorten everyone's playing career. Tell me one guy, regardless whether he's had previous problems, who doesn't have sore knees, hips, you name it after a match on a turf field. I feel sorry for all the youth players growing up playing on turf, all the physio experts in all sports say how hard artificial fields are on an atheletes body.

Millsy, I have yet to see an injury that was caused by turf. Im sure it happens but I doubt that it causes more injuries than some of the crap grass fields {mainly ours} that we play on.....
Besides we didnt loose a game after going too turf...or friday night games...I heard chill is playing at 9pm friday nights..is this true?.. :eek:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Zaurrini!

I predict the Lions to finish in 5th or 6th.
where you heard it first

DJ LION

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION

6th is a pretty realistic goal... A first year team without much experience should always get up for the big games, but never take any game lightly!!! I'd say 6th or 7th would be a successful first campaign...
Good Luck,(except when we play you) Guinness;)

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Schedule is up

The schedule is posted on the website under full season schedules.

Looks like Sikh United will have its home games on Sat. I have no idea as to what park will be our home pitch or what times are set for kickoff.

Big T:cool:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
looks like SUFC will be playing their games on saturday's with the game time being 6pm at newton turf. alot of friday night games this year, only two teams playing on sundays (Aldergrove and PAU), and SUFC on sat. is langley's turf field already made or will it be ready later on in the season?

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star # 1 with the inside scoop....

Originally posted by star #1
looks like SUFC will be playing their games on saturday's with the game time being 6pm at newton turf.

no wonder kokanee calls you squire barnes !!:D

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good schedual

Let's get it on:wa:
I personally like the ten team format. Less games is a good thing for these old legs:( If Aldergrove plays on grass and the real Delta team plays on grass, (fri) along with GEU(fri) and Chilliwack(fri) we will only play on turf 4 times:D We will be the only team in the league that will have ten Sunday games on the real thing.:wa: I'm with you Millsy, we train on turf at newton, but training is one thing, anything is better than gravel. Some teams in this league could potentialy have just two games on a sunday, and only a handful on real grass:mad: :( :confused:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Star # 1 with the inside scoop....

Originally posted by Big T
no wonder kokanee calls you squire barnes !!:D

here another scoop that squire has picked up, it has you asking Rob from a certain soccer shop whether he knows any players that will play for you, whats the matter cant get enough players? by the way how many players do you have signed Big T?

Star#1whoislookingforwardtoplayingSUFCinafewweeks:D

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Star # 1 with the inside scoop....

Originally posted by star #1
whats the matter cant get enough players? by the way how many players do you have signed Big T?

Star#1whoislookingforwardtoplayingSUFCinafewweeks:D

hey squire, I am glad you asked. Actually I don't know how many players we have signed for Premier but I think we are going to be ok. Its hard to get a premier squad ready in 3 weeks, it would have been easier if the spot were awarded early in the summer. So many players have committed to other squads. Yeah can't wait to see SUFC vs GN.....it will be a good rivalry....can we get our cooler back from you guys ??? ;)

PS - You should start doing news flashes on TTP like Kermit the frog on Sesame street. Live and late breaking tidbits from Squire Hans. :D

Big T:cool:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Problems already

It's a sign of the league's problem with finding competent teams to fill spots in the Premeir Division. They give a team a spot in the Premier Division and then a week before the league starts they post this on the FVSL homepage:

Sikh United FC is looking for a couple of players who would like to play at the Premier level. Please phone Gurj Nijjar at 604 319-2684

:rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
huh???

Originally posted by Big T
.....can we get our cooler back from you guys

what? I didn't know the somosas needed to be chilled!! You fellas don't drink real alcohol, do you?? ;)

Skipthespaghettieatingwinedrinkingman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts