Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The FVSL Homepage(The Mediocre site)Compliments, Critiques, and Observations thread

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A thread dedicated to The Mediocre Site! It was just a matter of time wasn't it? Post up your comments on it here. We all know the brass are reading this forum, how else would they know scores as they happen, so maybe some of the comments will be read and something will be done about them.

I'll start.

Why the hell aren't the standings updated yet? My God! What about the person who doesn't know about TTP? How does he find out the scores and such?

Next.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nevermind the standings not being up, they still don't have the groupings up!!!..........maybe by weAk three!!!!

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a recent convert to the FVSL, in search of greener pastures and local football since my move to lovely surrey, I have been astonished with the FVSL's inability to contend with the excellent site. I mean, the bright colours are nice and all, but the overall lack of organization has me wondering. I've heard a runor in the past that the FVSL may, rightly, or wrongly, be a sub par league. With respect to the category of "website", this seems to be the case.

It would be nice to actually see team groupings and standings one week into the season.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think this is where Regs should step in and offer some assistance with a new website since he's an FVSL'er now anyways.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With respect to the category of "website", this seems to be the case.
I can't believe that a case can be made for the Excellent Site being better than ANY site :D

As for the Mediocre Site itself, who knows what the issue is... As far as I understand it, the league probably gets the results sent in by the refs (which is pretty much the executive in this league, no?), a person within the league inputs the scores in a local program and then sends a file (or several) to the person responsible for FTPing everything to the correct areas.

I *think* this person is the same one that runs BCSoccerCentral :D

~Regs.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did hear a little rumor that the FVSL webmaster is going to be updating to a new computer, and that is what the hold up is.

He is getting rid of the Vic 20 and moving on up to the Commodore 64 :rolleyes:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I can't believe that a case can be made for the Excellent Site being better than ANY site :D

Bite your tongue!

Have you not seen the new flash intro for the excellent site?

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Bite your tongue!

Have you not seen the new flash intro for the excellent site?

I know some of those guys...I do. They play div 2, don't they. :D Since when did the league start sending photographers out to take actions shots of the teams playing?

The music...the graphics...it's all visually stunning and then, and then, grass background template that hurts eyes :rolleyes:

The gap is widening between excellent and mediocre. :(

manager

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had to go check for myself... is that new? If so, I like the old intro better.

That's saying something.

:D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
I did hear a little rumor that the FVSL webmaster is going to be updating to a new computer, and that is what the hold up is.

He is getting rid of the Vic 20 and moving on up to the Commodore 64 :rolleyes:

Last year the person doing the site was on vacation for the first three weeks,bush... I want to see our team in 5th place god dammit

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have carefully reviewed the three main websites Vancouver, Fraser Valley and Richmond. I have come to the following conclusions. Flash intro is beyond gay, turf background is gay, not having updated standings is gay, having a team called the Hammerheads in your div 2 is Mr. Smithers gay.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
I have carefully reviewed the three main websites Vancouver, Fraser Valley and Richmond. I have come to the following conclusions. Flash intro is beyond gay, turf background is gay, not having updated standings is gay, having a team called the Hammerheads in your div 2 is Mr. Smithers gay.

I'd say the best local soccer league website is the womens league web page. MWSL Very professional looking. Too bad the men's websites don't look like this.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the surface, yes, the MWSL site is nice looking.

However, they don't post schedules more than one or two weeks in advance, it's slow and cumbersome when jumping between groups within the same division, the standings have losses and draws in the wrong order, and more.

Yes, it's the nicest, but when you're competing with The Excellent Site, it's not that hard.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know that when checking the standings on Monday it may be a little early to expect them to be updated but it's closing in on week three games and the standing still show last years results. The FVSL site is more than a little bit weak.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to Sliver link to the MWSL, he is always perving on the girls, I have to agree the site is pretty good. Monday morning, posted results and updated standings - nice work.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
These guys are crap! I don't even bother to waste my time with these morons anymore. A good way to let them know is do go to the site(for the last time) and email them stating how much of a joke they are and so on. Doesn't a percentage of our fees go to payment for this site and these clowns in charge of this site?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts