Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Corporation & The Fog of War....

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've gone and blown my student loan on a pair of movies that I couldn't get to on a tuesday night. Pennies.

The Corporation is a good, earnest attempt at a Moore-like expose/documentary, highlighting how high-ranking government officials and heads of state are really playing second fiddle to corporate powers on a global scale. Fascinating scenes detailing how a company out of San Francisco privatized the water supply in a small Bolivian city, making it illegal for citizens to gather water during rainfalls. Commentary by Michael Moore, Naomi Klein, Noam Chomsky and some annoying east-indian woman blabbering on about the inherent evils of unreproductive grain seeds or something stupid.

The Fog of War is the new Errol Morris flick, which was the product of over 20 hours of interview tape with former US secretary of defense, Bobby McNamara. By the end of the film you'll be so engrained with McNamara's "we had to break a few eggs to make the omelette" philosophy that referring to him as Bobby seems inevitable. Scary testimony to how agonizingly close the Cold War came to being a global nuclear war, and more revealing stuff regarding the US's perception of Vietnam (War against Commies) compared to what the Vietnamese saw it as (Civil War). To his credit, this is a man who in five weeks went from a financial advisor to the President of the Ford Motor Company, and then to the Secretary of Defense under JFK. Extremely intelligent, but a cold slap of reality when you realize that the man was an efficiency expert working in the field of death and destruction.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts