Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks

The Canucks re-signed Cloutier today. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Now they just need a starting keeper.

TR.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
deja vu

Where have I heard that before? :)

Good idea TR... might help things continue on here better when the other board is shut down (no later than Friday)...

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is anyone else a little leary of Cloutier being thrust out front as the definitive #1 right now? I mean I hope he is in the future but I'm not entirely sold on telling him that he is now... you're just asking for trouble with how the vancouver media and fans treat 'tenders here.

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

I hope he does well, but your right. Totally unproven, and thrown into the #1 spot....scary. By the end of his contract, he'll be making 3 mil. Unbielievable. I still think they screwed up by letting Bobby go. Terrible decision.

TR.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some good news from the Canuck camp.

(tsn.ca) The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed Todd Bertuzzi. The group II free agent avoided arbitration by agreeing to a multi-year contract. Financial details were not disclosed. The contract will be officially announced by Thursday.

TR.

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
Regs,

I hope he does well, but your right. Totally unproven, and thrown into the #1 spot....scary. By the end of his contract, he'll be making 3 mil. Unbielievable. I still think they screwed up by letting Bobby go. Terrible decision.

TR.

BOBBY! BOBBY! BOBBY! Once a Jet always a Jet!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn shame about the Jets Mexi. The NHL doesn't really care about the Canadian teams it would seem. How do you like the fact that the Canucks new farm team is The Moose? Do you attend any fo their games? How's the Hockey?

TR.

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What ever happened about that Canada subsidary plan anyways?

I commented about the Moose in an IHL topic.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Bobby won't be "backing up" Cloutier this year. He has signed with the Buffalo Sabres for a whopping 600,000 per. He will be "backing up" Martin Biron. Our loss:mad:

TR.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Centre

So we acquire Andre Savage. 28 points in 35 games with the Providence Bruins. Who knows, maybe he'll be great, but jeez, I guess this all Canadian teams can afford these days. If I understand correctly, he's played 50 NHL games in the last 3 seasons. Glad we've got the centre-problem solved. ;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Savage signed for 250,000 more than what they offered Cooke. What is with that? They've done pretty good this year in terms of getting their players signed. They have only got Cooke, Sopel, and Shaeffer left to sign. Missed the boat on Bobby though.

TR.

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's see what Cloutier can do without having to look over his shoulder. Sure he's unproven as hell, but the Canucks are not a goalie short of being a contender. Hopefully he will develop with this young group of core players the Canucks have assembled.

As for the Hull rumours... the Canucks do NOT want this cancer around the young talent. Even 50 more goals of production would not warrant it. If a team that has been willing to spend (Dallas) wants to part company with him, why should the Canucks stray from the direction that has led to a competitive, exciting young team?

Cheers

PS... TB- it will take me forever to figure out this new format.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bigun,

I agree that the Canucks are more than a keeper away from being a contender, BUT, a good quality keeper would help make the transition from a good team, to a contender a little easier. Who do you think will back him up this year?

TR.

PS - watch for TheRobs Canuck of the week, starting in October.

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier

TheRob,

I've no idea who will share duties. I had been hoping ST.Loo would win the Hasek sweepstakes and thus open the door to us getting Brathwaite. Of course, since that fell thru, there doesn't seem to be many good fits out there. Osgoog commands too much $$$ and clearly doesn't want a back-up roll. Let's hope Dan comes up with some big games.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stick to tiddly winks

Bigun,

Stick to analyzing Tiddly Winks. You 're less likely to make an ass of yourself, like you do when you talk about hockey and for that matter, basketball. :)

I hope everything is going well for you in the summer. How is the leg?

Yours in Tiddly Winks,

Captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flamewar warnings in effect

I smell a side wager concerning this years TTP Hockey Challenge.

I really think Captain Shamrock will have a breakout year in TTP pools and will not finish last. Either Bigun, TheRob, 5bigtoes, or Jimmy Holiday will take that honour. Bet on it :D

As for the 'Nucks, anyone know anything about this free agent they signed the other day?

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last.......I don't think so!

Regs,

As for the 'Nucks, anyone know anything about this free agent they signed the other day?

His name is Herbert Visiljevs. He played for Atlanta last year. He played 25 games, scoring 4 goals, and getting 5 assists.

Oh, and regarding the TTP NHL Hockey Challenge, TheRob will NOT finish last.

TR.

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Betting With Burnsie

Regs,

I will certainly NOT finish last. I would encourage you to run a more traditional pool (draft preferred) without goons and bonus pts for wiping your ass (though certainly Capt'n Shitpicks benefits there). Nevertheless, regardless of format, I expect to be a factor and will do a bit of homework this year rather than the charity picks I threw in a year ago.

I don't expect the Capt'n to get into any wagers with me. He is still smarting from the last go round.

Please note the continued excellence in Chick pool results. The hockey results will follow.

As for the leg.... it is just for balance. Not good for much else.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts