Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

the best cricket team

deb

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
boo hoo

what a fcuking debacle that last one day-er was! i cannot believe gillie got out on the first ball of the match! (i can feel a lot of exclamation marks coming on....) on a lighter note, i give him 10 points for putting his family first and spending time with his new baby. a true gentleman.
here's hoping thursday's better.......we could be in a lot of trouble otherwise.:rolleyes:

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok ...i have had enough with the rotation of players within australian selection.

keep 'em in - if they play badly consistently kick 'em out. simple. mr bevan is a waste in one dayers at the higher order . PLAY HIM AT 6!!!!!!! brett lee goooood. man does that kid have fun when he is playing . it is great to watch.

BTW it is only a coincidence that i have posted just after we won ....finally

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hansie

RIP

a great cricketer but when the karma police catch up.......maybe we will see others that didnt get caught.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wtf

Cricket? At this point in time, or any for that matter, does anyone on the North American continent really give a fukc about cricket? Tiner, I appreciate the compliment you gave me a couple months back in the simpsons thread but seriously, this is neither the time nor the place for mentioning such a wanker (sport?) game.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
whoops

Not to make fun of the dead, but I didn't actually read your comment, only saw that it was a cricket post. Hope that my apologies will be accepted and that my Karma will not be too harmed by my drunkeness.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wanker..........

Drunkeness is no excuse for being a fcuking ignorant twat, sunshine. You and the fcukwit everyone's getting their knickers in a bunch about on some poxy Vancouver radio station have much in common. Who the fcuk are you to tell someone from the Commonwealth that their interest in a sport played by more people than Basketball and American Football has no relevance to anyone else? I was interested by her post but, then again, I don't live in glorious North America (are you Canadian or are you a fcuking North American, anyway?). Hanse Cronje's death had a big impact on the cricketing world, as did his life. You don't see Tiner wading in and shouting the odds about batty-boy pasttimes like Baseball do you? What fcuking bearing does that girl's game have on the world outside your precious North America?

There's more skill involved in playing good cricket than any American game so get your facts right before you come in spewing shite about yet another thing you clearly know sod-all about. You simply end up making yourself look like a tosser. I happen to know a few brick shithouses who play top level cricket who'd be keenly interested in meeting such an ignorant puddle of piss like yourself. I know The Gaffa too.

Look around bell-end, TTP isn't an exclusively 'North American' website.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again

Sincere apologies. I accept the fact that I was out of line with my recent posts and accept all responsibilty for their poor taste. Anytime I am the recipient of a Fastshow tongue lashing, I know I have done wrong.

ODwhowillbelookingtobyuacricketpaddle?tomorrowinanattemptobroadenhishorizons

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
accepted....

Apology accepted. Think about it, man, TTP is all the better for having posters like Tiner who can open the site up to a far more interesting and varied scope and range of topics rather than have it stagnate with mindless and incomprehensible drivel (for anyone not raised in the Lower Mainland) about VMSL AGMs and whether or not The Roxy is a better shout than The Ozone on a Tuesday night. Posting your naiive, uneducated and, frankly, stupid comments about a sport you know nothing about will merely result in interesting posters fcuking off and yet more inane bollocks about whether or not some wop or another takes it up the choc-box after an ultimately unimportant match in the Italian tournament. Those unlucky few who know me will tell you I have no time for games played by those I consider unathletic (baseball, American Football). Cricket is not one of such games since it is, in my opinion, a valid sport. If you'd ever played cricket you'd be in a better position to comment. As it is, if you've got nowt good to say, bog off and get yourself informed and over your truly 'North American' predjudices. It's really, really sad. Of course it should go without saying that these are merely my opinions, of which I have many, and who am I to say my opinion is more relevant than anyone else's? No one but at least I can safely say I'm informed of the things I rant about.

End of sermon, as you were.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sod Cricket.

Lying wee insect.

BTW, fcuking Aussie arsehole bowled at my head for my first at bat ever. Of course I ducked and knocked over the wicket.

Once I got the hang of it, the Kiwis on our Rugby team (as that was our association) stated quite clearly that the funniest thing they had ever seen was me knocking the ball out of th oval and then throwing the bat away.

For the Canadians, imagine a Kiwi knocking a baseball out of the park and then running the bases while holding the bat in his hands.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
envy....

You're only saying sod cricket as Scotland is about as good at cricket as they are football.

Having said that, this idiot Calgarian I work with plays baseball for Scotland. He's a sad, sad cnut and all. And he's ginger.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are the Scottish Baseball Association paying by the way?

Never mind, Vic Rauter is just beginning his break down of the Frogs versus Urugauyan Wrestling Federation match which is about to start.

Can't miss this./

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please keep on topic....

England battered Surrey Lanka in the last test at Edgbaston. Shame they bottled the first test so early at Lords and were forced to put on a tremendous batting display to salvage a draw.

I'm not sure how the Scottish Baseball Association pays. I wish they'd pay him more than this place as I'd be pleased to be shot of the bastard. I didn't come all this way to share an office with a fcuking Calgarian. The worst thing is everyone thinks we should be best mates.

I feel sorry for you lot having to stay up all night to watch the WC. I really do, my heart bleeds. I'm off to the pub for a Rauter-free lunch.

Stick that in your silly mid-off.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're off for lunch while Dario Silva is deliberately trying to break Patrick Viera's leg?

Get your priorities straight.

Oh bugger, Vic's on again and he's only mentioned hockey again for the 15th time.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vic Rauter....

Surprisingly, the pubs over here don't have Vic commenting on the football. We get Gazza, Alan Hansen, Tel Venables, someone called Martin O'Neil, David O'Leary and Gaz Lineker instead.

I played cricket last weekend in Ingatestone, Essex with the aforementioned brick shithouses. Nasser Hussain lives in said village, England's captain. And no, before you ask, I don't think it's his family who own the local Indian takeaway. Essex beat the piss out of Yorkshire a few weeks back too. My old man was less than pleased.

Please stick to the topic. Another heart warming tale from your cricket-playing salad days would be lovely. Or you could tell us again about how the nasty Aussie fellow tried to decapitate you. I love that one.

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EEEEExceeellent!!!!!

A non sport head once stated "The difference between cricket and baseball is that baseball is over sooner"

how dumb. The main focus over here at present(being winter and all) is the debate(!?) over whether cricket is important enough to send a team into Pakistan. Clearly the kiwis would argue against it. Shane Warne's missus has stated he cant go.(personally, if i was married to him I'd take away his mobile and send him on his way)

Apology accepted One Dart. It is a shame however that some North Americans-actually Americans in general - less so Canadians (I think i'm safe.D'Oh)often live up to the perception of ignorance that the rest of the world holds.

"World" Series baseball????????????? This pretty much sums it up.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Warney.....

They should just send Shane Warne's missus to Pakistan. I'm fairly confident that poor woman has been through enough to sort out both the Pakistani army and the Indian army on her own.

This is in very poor taste but at least it's on topic and it's safe to say the Johnny Canuck contingent won't understand it so, surely, that makes it all worth while....

Apparently the South Africans are having difficulty cremating Hansie.

No-one is prepared to throw the match.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Cricketing sledges...

Just for you Fastshow.

During a match between Australia and Zimbabwe, Glen Mcgrath, one of the nastiest bowlers to play the game, was bowling to Zimbabwe tail ender Eddo Brandes, a huge pig farmer from the country. Big Ed was hanging in there, scoring a few late order runs. Mcgrath, fed up with Brandes' resistance decided to give the big Zimbabwian a few choice words...the conversation went a little bit like this...

Hey Brandes, how can a international cricketer like you become such a big fat cnut. Several chuckles came from the slip cordon...
In a booming voice Eddo replied...cos every time I fcuk your wife, she gives me a biscuit!

I'm told even the Aussies couldn't stop laughing...

Classic

1-0!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
genius....

What a beauty. I think it's safe to say you wouldn't hear that kind of wit at a BC Lions 'game'.

Boycs

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sledges

A couple you may not have heard Fasty..

A few years ago in a county game a youngish quick bowler was bowling to Viv Richards, first ball goes past the outside edge, bowler comments "it's the red thing Viv.", Viv chews the trademark gum, next ball, also past the outside edge, bowler comments "it's red and it's round Viv." Next ball, Viv decides to stop mucking around, smashes it back over the bowler's head and into the stands for six, Wanders down the wicket and says to the bowler "you know what it looks like, go find it."

Sometime in the eighties when Thompson and Lillee were in their pomp, in the first test of the Ashes for the summer David Steele, who as we all know had an impressive crop of white hair for a youngish man, came out to bat. Rodney Marsh behind the stumps turned to one of the Chappells at slip and comments, "I didn't know your old man was playing for the poms?" To which Steele commented, "Marshy, what do you think of my arse? I hope you like it, you're going to be seeing a lot of it this summer." Which they did.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts