Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 The battle for promotion Div TTP

Who will win promotion?

• DCR

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Clan

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • 96ers

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The final games of the season for the 3 teams still in contention are all being played this Saturday. Who's gonna win it? Could there be a playoff? Will DCR slip by the other 2?

Here are the matches:

City FC “A” v Deep Cove Royals @ S Memorial NE 2.00pm

Peg-Olys v Pacific 96ers @ Kilmer Pk. 2.00pm

Clan Alumni v Pt. Gray Rangers “A” @ Bby. Lk. West #3 2.00pm

~TBwhodoesn'tthinkDCRwillslipthough.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a hard choice. The Clan and 96ers both have 38 points and DCR has 37. All 3 teams are playing shite teams (peg being the best of them). All 3 teams win this weekend so it will come down to a playoff game between the Clan and 96ers. DCR doesnt control thier own destiny which is too bad for them. Prediction 96ers beat the Clan 3-2 with Sneddie scoring the "Golden Goal"

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can almost guarantee it'll go to a playoff, unless Rueben pulls some strings for 96ers and decides promotion in some other way. I think DCR will come up a point short.

Prediction for playoff: Clan 3 96ers 1. Clan is way too strong in every position, plus it would be great to see that money go to waste.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough One

Clan will take the prize. In a playoff: Clan 3 96ers 1. Clan are solid in all parts of the park and have a better disciplined squad. 96ers, who are good seem to implode on themselves.

It'll be good to watch.

hedKandi

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia Alumni.....errr I mean Clan Alumni should by all rights gain promotion over Deep Cove and especially Crack Addict 96ers. Fcuk I've never seen so many drug addicts playing for 1 team outside of the Fraser Valley;). Not to mention that at least 75% of Clan played for us at some point in the last 3 years. This is a no brainer, much like most of the players playing for Crack Addict 96ers.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco,

I agree that Clan will win promotion but don't you think you can be a little more sensitive towards drug addicted football players?

I used to think it was lime on their noses, geez!:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan

Romanians to be disappointed once again. Ivor Evens to challenge the whole Clan sideline to a knife fight, then OD on lime because the other source has run dry.

2-0 final should the division go to a playoff.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just realized that you can actually see who votes for what on these polls. I guess I better put more thought into this in the future.

tsquare

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one should take this weekend lightly

Ref beater,

Although the three best teams on the side will be playing 3 of the 4 worst teams does not mean any of these games will be gimmy's. (except for the shitty FC game)

Look back at the scores through this season. There has been a suprise result almost every week.

Although we've (PGR) been slaughtered a couple of times this year (the firemen and 96's spanked us), we've also suprised a few teams. A few of our seasonal highlights: handed DCR one of their 2 losses of the year, tied the fireman 1-1 and the 96's squeaked out a lucky 2-1 win.

It's too bad the Loma's aren't playing one of the big three this weekend. They're always good for a tie.

I figure the 96's will have the toughest go at it. If the Oly's goalie is hot, anything could happen.

Prediction: 96's - peg 1-1 tie.

Clan will advance with no playoff required.

S

sonic

i agree. no-one should take this weekends games lightly.. do so at their own peril.

i fancy peg-olys shock the 96er's. mario stands on his head & didi scores 2 to silence, sorry, break-out the infighting on the crackheads side. For good measure there should be random drug testing after the game.

DCR wankers are better suited in div1, if not lower.:p

city

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sonic that is a very logical statement about dcr , seeing as we were a point short of promotion!!! well thought out!!!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Close, but no cigar

tsquare,

You were really close on your 1-1 prediction:eek: Mario stood on his head, alright...too bad his head was up his ass and he was sitting down.

Playoff game it is.

96ers 3 - Clan 2 (golden goal)

Huge crowd-nothing short of 600. This game should be played on Adanac West.

Looking forward to it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Large crowd

I agree there should be a large crowd as many of the players involved are former premier players. But will the league schedule it when many premier teams are playing?

It can't be this weekend because Clan has an Imperial Cup match.

~TB.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Call, Sandman

That would be a great day of soccer.

Div 1 promotion game @ 12:00. Imperial Cup @ 2:00 at the same park. (unless, of course, Clan are in the Imperial final-NOT)

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be a great day of soccer but it's usually the U21 game followed by the Imperial.

Clan in the Imperial final?......could happen

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Implosion?

Hedkandi,

The 96ers imploded against DCR back in early Feb at Hillcrest. I thought they were going into the tank as did most of us, but they have definitely proved everyone wrong. They have had some hard fought victories since. I think they are for real. Fat Sneddo II will do some major damage up front; he always shows up for the games with the big crowds. It'll be a great game. The ref will decide it somehow.

Even in victory, Ivor will challenge Clan fans to a fight, and, just like when Kevin Hearne beat the living snot out of him in Squamish (he was actually crying), Ivor will duck behind some of his bigger friends.

You've heard it here 3rd.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside is Too Strong

Yowen

The Premier, this year, is way better than Div 1, and Westside is back to form.

Westside 5 - Clan 1 (it coud be worse)

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ivor crying!

...he told me it was his allergies.

WAB

Yes, premier is way better than div.1, but Clan are a team of premier guys playing in the first. Me thinks it'll be closer than that. Maybe 1-1 with either team winning it on PK's. Anyhoo, should be interesting. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts