Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The axe falls at Team Radio

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
God I hope not.

That said, Jeff Patterson's style...wasn't for me. He was the biggest cheerleader when the 'Nucks won, and the biggest whiner when they lost. There was never an even keel w/ the guy.

I do have to say I'm sorry to see Perry Solkoski let go. I liked his work on the Caps, even though he was fairly uneducated about the game. Again, maybe it was just his style.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See one of the comments? "Jeez, Patterson gone and they kept Shorthouse around?"

Shorthouse?

Now, thinking of favorite personalities, I love his stuff, he's become very, very good as a play-by-play guy, and obviously commands respect.

Now, Scott Rintoul...again, not in love w/ his style.

That all said, these are real guys in a very limited market for their work, so it's never cool to see people get axed for budget reasons, especially when it seems that the corporation, and the shows they worked on, were profitable.

Any scoop on the rumor mill?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think so. I'd heard once he started coaching his kids and learned the game through that...

I could be wrong. It'd be the first time, however...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, wrong school but he didn't just come to the game through his kids:

"After a stellar playing career with the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology soccer team..."

lfc4

Sep 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
God I hope not.

That said, Jeff Patterson's style...wasn't for me. He was the biggest cheerleader when the 'Nucks won, and the biggest whiner when they lost. There was never an even keel w/ the guy.

I do have to say I'm sorry to see Perry Solkoski let go. I liked his work on the Caps, even though he was fairly uneducated about the game. Again, maybe it was just his style.

Agree 100%. Couldn't listen to him, never a definitive opinion, and whiny.

Rintoule struggles when rambling by himself and filling time. Excellent interviewer though. What Jim Rome and the like can do on their own is not easy

Funny being a sports talk junkie, know everything about the Lions, Nucks and Caps, but can't watch any of the product at length, if at all.

All said, B-mac and Donny blow all others away locally.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't stand Rintoul as an interviewer, either. Just...not my style.

B-Mack IS the best interviewer going locally.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your missing the plot and the big picture here. Regardless of the likes or dis likes. Patterson put in the work. Guy would pull 18 hr shifts to provide us all with info. Not a flake with a press pass and a recorder. Patterson actually worked. Same with Perry. He was dedicated to th local sport scene and gave great exposure that would have been otherwise ignored. Bottom line is the west once again is getting screwed. What ever is being saved here will surely be applied to something back east. Sad day for the local sport scene when looking at it from my perch.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
To add to the above. I wouldn't care if it was a couple schmucks but these guys worked hard and didn't deserved to lose their jobs. Ya biz is biz but They didn't float off a fabricated scholarship from bcit. Their was no sense of entitlement from them like what we see from so many. Hate to see people who bust their ass and have passion in their profession get done like this!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your missing the plot and the big picture here. Regardless of the likes or dis likes. Patterson put in the work. Guy would pull 18 hr shifts to provide us all with info. Not a flake with a press pass and a recorder. Patterson actually worked. Same with Perry. He was dedicated to th local sport scene and gave great exposure that would have been otherwise ignored. Bottom line is the west once again is getting screwed. What ever is being saved here will surely be applied to something back east. Sad day for the local sport scene when looking at it from my perch.

I don't disagree w/ you, was just offering my opinion on their on-radio personality. I ALWAYS tune out when Rintoul is on. ALWAYS. Same applied to Patterson. Couldn't be bothered, he is a whiner, and doesn't offer any comic relief. Rintoul is just awkward. Both guys obviously work their nuts off, but I don't enjoy listening to them. With that say, I did state, "That all said, these are real guys in a very limited market for their work, so it's never cool to see people get axed for budget reasons, especially when it seems that the corporation, and the shows they worked on, were profitable."

Now Shane Foxman...I enjoy his stuff. But if it were budget reasons, I doubt they'll be replacing these guys anytime soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0