Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Asper Affair

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did any notice that the Vancouver Sun didn't carry a single story on the firing of Russell Mills today? I'm so glad that one guy owns virtually all the media in the country. :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even I know that one... he's the newspaper guy that was suspposedly fired last week for writing one too many 'anti-liberal' editorial pieces...

~TB.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

CanWest is never going to come in with a big money bid for TTP if you allow frivolous threads such as this to remain on the site.

Close and expunge it now if you know what is good for you.

~Jinky Asper,

Winnipeg, Manitoba

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Russell Mills was the publisher of The Ottawa Citizen (owned by Izzy Aper's CanWest Corporation) who was reportedly personally fired by Izzy & son for publising an editorial written by Gordon Gibson (who was also told that he would never again have anything else printed in any of Izzy's newspapers). The piece was critical of the federal Liberals and suggested Chretien should resign.

Opposition is now suggesting that perhas the PM's office had a hand in his termination, since the Asper family has such close ties to the Liberal gov't.

Personally, considering the extensive . . . well, monopoly . . . CanWest has over Canadian media (i.e. in Vancouver it includes, but is not limited to: Vancouver Sun, Province, Global television, as well as many smaller local papers, etc.), it pisses me off that we can't enjoy journalistic freedom from the press. Granted it's his newspaper -- he can do what he wants -- but to tout a free press while firing a top publisher for printing a criticism of the people's gov't is reprehensible.

Cancel your subscriptions if you've got any.

:mad:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you see what I mean Regs?

If you don't crush this now, it will get out of hand and before you know it the wops and the philipino will start thinking for themselves and come on TTP to express their opinions and then we'll just have anarchy!

Is that what you want? Anarchy?

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ttp opportunity

Cancel your subscriptions if you've got any.

I wish I could, but they're the only game in town. Maybe Regs could scoop Russell Mills for TTP. Otherwise, I do need more news than who's a wanker this month, who's a puff in the World Cup, and how much unions suck.

Offtoreadthecomicsatleastthatfcukerasperdoesntwritethembutibetitwontbelongtillhislittlefcukofasonwill

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Jinky
If you don't crush this now, it will get out of hand and before you know it the wops and the philipino will start thinking for themselves and come on TTP to express their opinions and then we'll just have anarchy!

I prefer stickfights resulting in all-out bloodshed as a more definitive expression of my lust for anarchy. If you can't take down your tyrannical online moderators with a razor-sharp bamboo rod, you're not really an anarchist at all. You're just some wanka who composes long, rambling game reports that nobody really reads anyways.

That being said, I do encourage TTPers to think less and less for themselves, and resort to violence to sort out all potential problems stemming from piss-takes. Thinking for yourself sucks.

Really Doubt That Was Helpful. Or Coherent.
-Sensei.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally a thread where everyone agrees! Down with Communism; bring on Anarchy. Pass me a stick.

You're just some wanka who composes long, rambling game reports that nobody really reads anyways.

Don't know anyone like that.:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts