Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Terrell Owens signing of the ball

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have a white guy as an announcer and sportscaster. Me, I'm black. I do it and I've already done some stuff in the past," he said. "We're (African-Americans) more expressive than the white guys. You look at the skilled players. We're the ones that get into the end zone. We get in the end zone more than they do."

What do you guys think of his touchdown celebration and his remarks following the game?????

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant celebration. By far the c0ckiest, but the most original thing I've seen since the Icky shuffle...

His comments are ridicules, but unfortunately somewhat true.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The celebration was on fire. Those remarks [the first I've seen them] were not, however true they may be :D

A good white rebuttal would be: Yes, Terrell, and that is why you'll never be a coach in the NFL. Now go get me my clipboard and go do that jumping in the air thing your kind does so well

:rolleyes:

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go get my clipboard...

Rebutal to that:

Why would he want to? Coaches get hired for 1/8 of his salery and get fired for a team not doing well. Muppets like Moss can go so far as to run over a cop and still be alolowed to play and get paid.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terrel Owens is dumb

His football playing abilities are in a class by himself - one of the best. Unfortunately so are his celebratory skills in a class by themselves--- classless.

As one commentator put it. Who is going to better remembered for catching a lot of TD passes when he has finished playing? done. Owens or Steve Largent (a white guy with no special TD celebration)? This clouds the public perception of a guy with a lot of talent.

The pen incident seems to bother some more than others. I didn't hear Seattle players whining about it, only the now losing coach Mike Holmgren. (Now that is another topic. In what direction is Seattle going after 4 (?) years of a former winning coach?)

What Owens did with the pen was nothing compared to his Dallas celebration where he ran to the insignia at center field, only to be knocked over by a pissed off opponent.

This guy becomes a distraction to his team when he pulls off stuff like this.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would he want to? Coaches get hired for 1/8 of his salery and get fired for a team not doing well
Which is why it is rediculous that some group is bringing a class-action lawsuit against the NFL for not having a proportionate amount of black head coaches... I can't remember where I read that. But I did. :D

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's Johnny C0ckring up to his old pro-bono tricks again. He's looking for attention and nothing more. I trust this guy about as far as I could throw Jinky.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, that's probably farther than Jinky could throw Lurchy according to him :D

~Regs.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
why are wide receivers jerks?

This article might explain why wide receivers are jerks.

For one thing, there's something about the kind of athlete who becomes a wide receiver. I asked Michael Irvin, who played 12 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, to describe his fellow wideouts; the first words out of his mouth were "egotistical" and "pretty boys." Sports psychologist Chris Carr, who worked with the Arizona Cardinals, points out that the wide receiver is the most individualized offensive position in a team sport. It's bound, then, to attract "me-first" players. And since the position prizes speed, coaches often harvest wideouts from the track-and-field sports, which for the most part glorify individual achievement.

Full article here

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I thought the celebration was original and amusing but he sure is setting himself up. I guess he forgot about getting nailed by the Cowboys' George Teague after dancing on their logo. Maybe he should watch tapes of what happened to the Montreal Canadiens Richard Zednik after overcelebrating his goal against the Bruins in last years playoffs. It was time for a quick nap followed by a free ride in an ambulance to the hospital to get broken nose fixed, his bruise throat examined and his severe concussion treated. As Newton said:For every action there is a reaction.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong Newton. Nate said :"Let them eat cake" and "I never met a 2 pound steak I didn't like" and "Do I look fat in these pants?".

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the celebration was great, and like they said yesterday on NFL Countdown, if he had of given the ball to a kid in a wheelchair, we wouldn't even be talking about it right now.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was great that he burns Shawn Springs and then hands the ball to a friend of his in Springs' box. How does that make Springs feel? No wonder none of the Seahawks are saying anything. For one, Springs got burned on a great catch. Second, they lost. And finally, if they said anything about it they could be asked why they didn't do anything about it at the time. Even though the No Fun League banned foreign objects on the field, did you see the guy on the Jets who waited until he got to the bench to sign the ball and jersey for someone in the stands, a wee bit more classy.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nate Newton

did Nate play for the Boys last year? I thought he retired?

Isn't he also the guy that got caught twice with an excessive amount of weed??????Like 250 kilos each time quantity:confused:

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Follow up

In San Fran's last game against the New Orleans Saints (which they lost), Owens scored again on a TD pass. His celebration? His teammates run up to him, and start looking in his socks for the famous pen, only to discover it's not there, with Terrell giving the "no, no" finger.

Again, although conceited, still was funning and made me laugh.

Any comments?

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was funny but really what is this guy going to do next! One thing is for sure he will score another touchdown or two this year so we will just have to wait and see what he comes up with next.
Who said the NFL stands for no fun league, I think it is safe to say Mr. Owens is having fun

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0