Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Team1040 "shake-up"

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, maybe not but some interesting shuffling around:

Vancouver Sport Radio Station Team 1040 AM has announced two new additions to its on-air line-up in coming weeks, TSN’s Ray Ferraro and the Globe and Mail’s Matt Sekeres.

The CTVglobemdia owned all-sports radio station is the broadcasting home to the Vancouver Canucks, BC Lions, Vancouver Whitecaps FC and Vancouver Canadians in that city.

TSN’s Ray Ferraro joins morning show host Scott Rintoul on August 23rd to host the morning show Monday – Friday from 6 to 10 a.m. on a full time basis while continuing his job as game analyst on TSN hockey broadcasts. Prior to joining TSN in 2008, Ferraro worked as a game analyst on Edmonton Oilers telecasts for five years and as a studio analyst on ESPN’s NHL2NITE. Ferraro is also a regular on the TEAM 1040 radio station in Vancouver and Canucks TV.

Matt Sekeres joins the station on August 16th. Matt will co-host the mid-day show (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.) with Barry MacDonald. In the past, the Vancouver-based sports reporter for the Globe and Mail has been a frequent contributor to the station and also worked on the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games as well as many other pro sports events.

David Pratt and Don Taylor will remain co-hosts of The Afternoon Drive program.
The station also announced a new, full-time evening show from 6 to 10 p.m. which will be centered around the Vancouver Canucks along with the latest scores and breaking news from around the NHL and will be hosted by Blake Price. Price will also act as the host of the Canuck broadcast on game nights through the season.
No more BS in the morning...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad, that show might have been the best of the day. BMac is funny, especially when paired with Rintoul.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of chemistry Ferraro and Rintoul will get going, BMac's humour to temper my morning drives will be badly missed I think.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Hmmm, now that I re-read it, there is something else I didn't know - when was it announced an agreement with Vancouver Whitecaps FC?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
News to me.

I thought it was just webcasts and the odd game on Shaw community channel...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose they have the rights , or had the last set of rights... which basically meant they got checks from WFC to broadcast the games.

Alan Errington and Pete Schaad to do the games, but as Regs said they are broadcast on Shaw and on live streaming on Caps website.

The Caps have NO contracts for next year with anyone except Adidas and Bell as far as I know... No Management, No Players, etc... those players that do have options for next year are all Club-options (like Martin Nash)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0