Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Surrey Soccer Yearly ClusterFcuk

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So last year it was CCB... this year it is Pacific United...

Suspended.

@Gurps taking it out on the kids after Tuesday no doubt.

:)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suspended for? Illegal players?
I swear there's a team my kid plays against from a club out there that changes everytime we play them. Seem to get bigger and better. Odd.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Dunno but all youth teams they were supposed to play this weekend have been given byes... I wonder why this doesn't affect their adult teams? Or does it?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many clubs are out there?
CCB, Pacific, Surrey, Guildford, Coastal, Temple.

Am I missing any?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
What do you mean?

It's the topic of this thread: Pacific United

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
All the directors for Pro Touch Academy are also suspended... I think Soolsma is a director, no?

This is spilling over into the adult side of things!

@robj - do you have any insight to any of this with regards to players on your team?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm getting confused. (I know, common occurrence)

Isn't Pacific United now the Club associated with Langley FC?

Whereas the Hurricanes are now Rovers Tigers United?

My head hurts.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm getting confused. (I know, common occurrence)

Isn't Pacific United now the Club associated with Langley FC?

Whereas the Hurricanes are now Rovers Tigers United?

My head hurts.

Yes, you've got the associations correct.

My understanding is that Langley have "loaned" their spot to Pacific United. The team is scheduled to play out of Newton and is entirely run by @star #1

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I posted this elsewhere today:

From what I know, some if it has to do with people being directors for both the NFP PUFC and the FP Pro Touch Academy and the money trail not adding up. This includes changing financial statements for the same year along with the constant changes in the directors.

There is something about shareholder loans and it isn't clear if the operation of PUFC is even viable, i.e., they cannot possibly afford to operate.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the directors for Pro Touch Academy are also suspended... I think Soolsma is a director, no?

This is spilling over into the adult side of things!

@robj - do you have any insight to any of this with regards to players on your team?

Nick Soolsma and Jacob Lensky are not directors of Pro Touch although "our friend" tried to say they were. BC Soccer confirmed and therefore Nick and Jacob were not suspended. More drama to follow lol, as "These are the days of our lives"

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update on Pacific United

Pacific United directors cleared by BCSA to play/coach in VMSL

For clarity, while Pacific United is under review with the BCSA as several of our members have noted, the issues are not VMSL-related and the affected Pacific United parties have appealed to the BCSA to be allowed to coach and play in the VMSL while the issues are sorted out. The BCSA granted this request on September 9th. Until further notice, this is the situation.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some lengthy suspensions handed down now for PUFC... Pro Touch Academy rulings still to come...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So CCB & Surrey Peg have officially merged and new club name is Surrey FC - no more Pegasus as far as I can tell.

And just announced this morning, they have been accepted into BCPL beginning Fall 2021.

How many BCPL "franchises" are there now? So much for Elite :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello.

Covid is making me squirrelly so maybe providing some drama out here in the open forums will spice things up in my life...

So there is a new group / club supposedly starting up in Surrey called Cloverdale United. No website yet but they are supposedly already taking registrations and they are leading off with free registrations for younger group ages.

Who in their right mind would sign there kids up for this with no idea who is coaching, nevermind who runs this outfit?

So poking around behind the curtains the last couple of days after seeing something on twatter, seems like we are in for some fun along the lines what we've seen in Surrey Newton the last decade or so.

Fun times ahead 100%.

Anyone else hear any rumours or know some concrete details?

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares. Sign your kid up and play some footie. Thats what its about. It shouldnt cost arm and leg to play this game. Too many clubs charge way too much. Most of the coaches suck anyway at the younger level and are too sensitive. When I coached my daughter team (u8,u9) I invited some of the strongest players from other teams within the club to meet up and play together. Just for fun. Coaches got mad. I was like let them play, its free, good competition, good training. Who cares what club or team it is!?!? I like free registration but too bad majority of people think you have to pay big money to succeed when its actually opposite.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts