Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Surprises and dissapointments of the FVSL Premier League 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprises and dissapointments.

Well, we're a third of the way through the season. Who has been the biggest surprise?

The biggest suprise has to be GN Sporting. Nobody took these guys seriously. Especially after their opening day 10 - 0 drubbing at the hands of another surprise, the worst team in the league, Surrey FC Pegasus. GN has beat the big three in Poco, PAU and GEU. The question now is, can they keep it going? Time will tell.

Dissapointments? Surrey FC has to be one. I thought they'd be a little better then they are, but the biggest dissapointment for me is GEU. They picked up some pretty skilled guys in the summer with Rob Mills, Paul Trustam, and Justin Retig. Add them to a team with three all star selections and you would have thought they would be at the top.

Those are TheRob's. Anyone else?

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with what you're saying TR about GN.

I'd also add that a big surprise is how close everbody is in the standings up to now (except for PAU who are running away with the league).

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest disappointment this year has to be without a doubt the lack of competition available for the Rangers in the Pak.

:D

Just havin' a laugh fellas......

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No consistency

The biggest surprise for me has gotta be the lack of consistency for what should and maybe will be the top few teams.Poco Great one game gone the next like wise with GEU. GN being a contender is not what 99% of us could imagine but time will tell. Surrey Peg may be a bottom feeder i thought they'd be a force. Delta seems to have slipped a bit from last year, may be a result of embarrasment from last years antics(shirts,attitudes etc.)I think PAU is the only team that has done what was expected so far but will the other teams steal the odd games in the near future time will tell.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like this thread!

Surprises: have to be GN & SFC.

Only 1/3 of the way through- we're hoping to take some points back in the 2/3rd of the season and re-join the race for a Provincial spot. It'll take a lot of work, but we're up for it.

Poco doesn't surprise me, given their changes. It also won't surprise me if they're back up at the top of the table near the end.

Also, surprised Rangerforever hasn't been arrested for cruelty to animals. Very surprised... :eek:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biggest surprise ~ Dude playing Premier

Surprises can be made for most teams so far this season

PAU ~ how do they stay on top of the league with the same offensive weapons from last year;)

GN ~ not surprised this team has beaten 1 of the top seated teams but all 3:eek: they will not be able to stay at the top for long, their inexperience of youth will let them down

PoCo ~ where did they go? mostly a new team, new system for the players and coaches (new as well), surprised at the lack of intensity seen by PoCo in previous years and the goals against:(

Langley ~ surprised that they now have the oldest player in the league ..........born 1959.

Not Surprised

GEU ~ not surprised to see these guys in the same position, same bunch of guys with a new keeper, history will repeat itself this year with this team if they don't turn it around quickly

SFC ~ despite the addition of Dude, SFC was headed to the bottom last year, they needed to change alot of things to be competitive....it appears they did not. I am surprised that there still is the majority of last years team still around. Good guys but......

Delta ~ young team, doing as good as expected

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What surprises the most is week in week out games could and are going either way. With the exception of pau nobody has taken the bull by the horns.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
P.A.U playing well 4 new additions and a new attitude by far the best midfield in the Valley.

GN good fit young team will not last the test of time great new addition to the top of the table.

Poco big physical team not much has changed play well together

Langley the suprise here is with the grounds in langley why does the rest of the league suffer with that shite they call home....

Wack same old same old

G.E.U play hard together cannot believe they have that defence in front of one of the best goalies in the league.

S.F.C the biggest shocker cannot believe how far they have gone gone gone........

XXX

Sep 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN

I think that GN will continue to improve throughout the year and should be near the top of the table at season's end. Their opening day 10-0 defeat was because all 11 of their starters were taking part in a tourney south of the border that day. Also, I have heard that once UBC's season is over they will be welcoming back a few of their better players.

Good Luck!
Cheers:wa:

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
after playing all the teams in the league i have to say that i believe the team with the most skill is definitely GEU......They definitely gave us the hardest time........im not sure why they cant beat PAU.........that being said, GN will not go away.....we have plenty of youth for sure but that youth will provide the extra legs needed near the end of the season.....the other thing is that our youth have already had 3 years experience playing in the premier...so we may be young but we have been through this before......oh yeah people keep asking us if we picked up new players this year...the answer is no...in fact we lost 3 of our starters from last year............well with 10 points seperating top from bottom it looks like its gonna be exciting the rest of the way through............cheers

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised, of course, by GN's early success. In the years I've played against them, they were always a skillfull side that could get a result....but they were often guilty of shutting down shop when they got behind. I'm happy that they seem to have found stride. The league needs more consistent, quality teams. This GN team could earn a spot in the Provincials if they continue!

Poco's early stumbles have surprised me quite a bit. In our one meeting this year, it was a different game than I was used to from the year prior. They certainly weren't running on all cylinders. I'd be more surprised if the slide continues though.

I picked Surrey FC to be in the top three before the start of the season!!! I'm not sure what's going on in their camp, but it seems obvious to me that losing the Costly kid was huge!

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Biggest surprise ~ Dude playing Premier

Originally posted by Skytrain
Surprises can be made for most teams so far this season

PAU ~ how do they stay on top of the league with the same offensive weapons from last year;)

Actually, Sage played wide right a lot and as for the old-bald-converted-centerback... :eek: :rolleyes: :D ...he's magic!!!

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disapointed

I am disapointed that we only have 8 teams in the valley premier league.
I am also disapointed at the new trend of playing on Friday nights, on turf to boot. Football is meant to be played on grass, on a sunday. When most of us work all day Friday it is tuff to produce your best stuff when you have to race home after a long days work get your kit sorted wolf down some dinner and race out to Chilliwack or Poco or Golden ears, to play on a turf field against a team that are use to playing on it.
I am surprised at GN and there form thus far, but just as surprised at the inconsistency of Poco. Personaly I think Poco is still the team to beat..
The rest of the league is exactly what I expected.
As far as we are concerned, I am surprised that without Aron Hill, and Brent Roberts, and Andrew Slane, all forwards who hav'nt played a game for us yet this year we are still scoring enuff goals to get results.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On Topic

Where's Cuddler? I'm surprised to hear he not playing in the FVSL Premier League 2002/2003. Also a bit dissapointed. :rolleyes:

No really where is he?

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Cuddler"

I spoke with a PAU associate and he stated Mindy had problems in the groin area. Could be out all year. In watching one or two games he hasn't tried to take fifteen men on by himself from the sidelines...

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Disapointed

Originally posted by cainy
I am surprised that without Aron Hill, and Brent Roberts, and Andrew Slane, all forwards who hav'nt played a game for us yet this year we are still scoring enuff goals to get results.

Wheres Hilly At?

W

William Wallace

Tonight, the two teams that have been the biggest surprises of the year play each other. Poco has shown promise at times and have performed the way they have in the past. Their defense is absolutely shocking at times and it seems you never know what team is going to show up. GN seems to play well against the good teams and not against the teams that aren't so good. They are youthful and quick and if they show some consistency over the next four or five games, they will contend for the league championship.

GN is definitely hoping that Poco has one of their off nights tonight.

No other surprises, other than SFC. They seem to be weaker this year, than in year's past. It seems most of the good players in that club want to play div. 1.

GEU - no surprises their. I would have expected them to fair a little better in the first round, but they seem to be faultering a little now.

PAU - solid as usual. Favourites to win the league at this stage.

Delta - weaker than last year.

Wack - actually not a bad side. Will upset a few teams this year.

Langley - will finish dead last.

superfoxs

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
im surprised pau is doing so well without hilly and jeffrey. especially when you consider they replaced them with bald, slow, washed up ex sweeper and an overgrown hillbilly. who would of thought.

p.s. what happened to to hibby, did he forget to pay the cable bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts