Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Superb owl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Christ almighty, the yanks certainly are laying it on thick.

There is a football game coming up is there not?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Half Time Show

U2: Good.

Paul McCartney singing "Hard Day's Night" with a retired football player: Bad.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally

The Super Bowl actually got better as the game went on!!! Wow!!! nice to see it wasn't over by 5 mins into the 3rd quarter... Kudo's to the Pats on a Big upset!!! BTW, where was Marshal Falk??? this guy was invisable (even during the Rams big 4th quarter):confused:
SB's best quote: by John "Redneck" Madden, "If I were the coach I'd tuck the ball away and play for overtime"!!!
That's why your not a coach dumbass!!! conservative traditionalists like Madden look like donkey's after daft commentary like that!!! Pats win on a last minute drive with a field goal...;)

GuinnesslovestoseetwatslikeMaddenspeaktoosoon:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness, Guinness, Guinness........

Faulk had 131 yards total offense, this despite New England using every defensive scheme possible to shut him down. He is an excellent player but NE's game plan was that much better.....

It was nice to see the underdogs win, especially in the fashion they did.......

However, you shouldn't be ripping into John Madden. He was a great coach in his time with the Los Angeles Raiders...

That's why your not a coach dumbass!!!

New England went against the odds, because they had no time-outs. The last thing you want to do is turn the ball over in your own end with that much time available. There were some great calls by the offensive co-ordinator and the better team won on the day.

I think Mr. Madden knew a thing or two about coaching. Here is his win/loss record when coach of the Raiders for 10 years......

OAKLAND RAIDERS COACHING HISTORY
Years Coach Record
1960-61 Eddie Erdelatz* 6-10
1961-62 Marty Feldman** 2-15
1962 Red Conkright 1-8
1963-65 Al Davis 23-16-3
1966-68 John Rauch 35-10-1
1969-78 John Madden 112-39-7
1979-87 Tom Flores 91-56
1988-89 Mike Shanahan*** 8-12
1989-94 Art Shell 56-41
1995-96 Mike White**** 15-17
1997 Joe Bugel***** 4-12
1998-present Jon Gruden 16-16

That would be a winning percentage of 74.1. He did have some excellent players back then too......Ken Stabler, Gene Upshaw, Jack Tatum, Ted Hendricks, Fred Biletnikoff, Dave Casper, Cliff Branch, and punter Ray Guy to name a few......

Captain who is a Raiders' fan......

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
THE GAME

What a great game, I was so impressed that I need to actually watch the second half,

couple of questions?

How bad was Warner's thumb on throwing hand?? Didnt seem himself today....although it doesnt help getting knocked down 13 times!!

and How did Brady manage to drive the ball with 1.21 left and no timeouts... that was truely amazing play calling and execution!

And Captain good call on Madden, yes he is conservative but that is the way the NFL usually is.... in fact 2/3 of the people I watched it with agreed with Madden and had their mouths open when they kicked the field goal!!

Great game, anything better would have been a Cowboys WIN

Giddy up

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

Thanks for the history lesson... next thing you'll tell me Celtic were the first British team to win the European Cup (1967)!!!:rolleyes: anyway, what I was getting at is that Madden made himself look like a dumbass!!! which I still think he is... as for Faulk, yes he put up yardage, but what good did he do in the 4th quarter rally??? how many red zone yards did he gain??? what really matters is that Bradey put up the numbers when the game was on the line... for that he was given the MVP :eek: Warner did some good stuff also, but bad interceptions were what killed the Rams chance regardless of the 300plus yards he produced...

GuinnessaRaiderfanbutnotaMaddenfan!!!;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes he put up yardage, but what good did he do in the 4th quarter rally??? how many red zone yards did he gain???

How many touchdowns did St. Louis score? Obviously, his ability created other options, which opened up because of NE's focus on Faulk. Come on, Guinness. You're starting to sound like Mr. Coppertone.......

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can have a custom title now!!!

I'm starting to sound like a coppertone??? Offside, it's not like I was making no sense!!! I just think Faulk is the best player in the League and for my money he was not on that day...:rolleyes:

Guinnessdoesn'tappreciatethecoppertonereference!!!:mad:

ps. atleastitwasn'taknvbreference!!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts