Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Summer Soccer Camps Question

MilesLong

Sep 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm curious to get feedback from as many people and thought TAKETHEPISS.com would be one of the best places to start!

What do you think the chances are of starting a summer soccer camp for children between the ages of 6-19 with limited coaching abilities just playing the game?

If you had children within that age range would you send you children to someone who didn't have any coaching experience?

You honest feedback would be appreciated!

Long, Miles Long

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IF!

I had children, and knew my child had no chance of going professional....and the price was right....I would have no problems getting rid of them.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had children, and knew my child had no chance of going professional....and the price was right....I would have no problems getting rid of them.

So you had children, but they weren't going anywhere, so how did you get rid of them. You didn't sell them for some calzone did you? :confused:

Damn Italian elitists

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: IF!

Originally posted by Zaurrini

IF!
I had children......

Maybe for some tortelinni ala Pannnnnnnnna!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright Filippo. IF!

Miles,

Now to answer the question and address the theme of this thread, I agree with Zaurrini. If my children were not aspiring to ever play the game at a high level, I would have no problem with the situation of which you speak.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I work in a Soccer school and if a "Coach" has limited coaching abilities honestly I would not send my kids. Our head Coach I will keep his name quite has a proven track record of coaching in Europe as well as winning Championships here in Vancouver and some of his students play in Europe so he has connections over seas.

We have about 150 student ranging from 8-18 so he has alot of kids. The other coaches that work with him apart from two of the coaches have had no prior exprience in coaching like my self but I have been to Europe on trials and have been with the youth national teams so I have picked up my "Style of coaching" for all the different coaches that I have worked with.

Its not me or the other coaches that bring these young players out its the reputation of our head coach, sure it helps to have a GK coach that has been to Europe and played on the National Team and assistants coaches who have played for the then 86ers but its our Head coach that has an PROVEN coaching record that brings most of the kids in.

There is alot I mean alot of $$$$$$ to be made in coaching its unbelievable what parents will play if the child is having fun and IF the parents believe they have a chance all be it the slightest to make it in Europe.

It all depends on what kind of school aswell like the old Loomis Schools werent sending players to Europe and the School where I work is all year around sometimes 3-4 training per week but if its just summer camps go for it.

Anyways all the best.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No hope of pro... No problem. It's got to be better than sending your kids to me. Right Ballbaby? It's all about price and location for most I would think. That is, if your kid is not in the Rep. team loop or Italian, apparently.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
skool

if a "Coach" has limited coaching abilities

Lennard Bobaduzzi's been doing this for years......:D :D :D

Lots of coaching clinics/soccer schools around in the summer. I'm shopping around for a soccer camp for rugrat #1 (8 yrs. old) who plays defence far too aggressively to be mistaken for his old man.:D It's been suggested to me that Slovenko knows what he's doing, but I'm looking for second opinions as well.

Need to find something that's a couple of steps above a summer rec camp but not necessarily an academy...

Back on topic....

For Miles I would suggest the community rec setups that exist at local community centres around the lower mainland. Most use high school students as group leaders (i.e. Vancouver's FastBreak program) but quite frequently need people in the community to push them. It would be kind of difficult to do this without some background in dealing with kids on a coaching basis (are you NUTS?:eek: ), especially with older kids. Any playing rec ball at 19 definitely aren't going overseas to make a career in the game, but not many of them are going to be willing to listen to a coach without much experience (most kids over 14 won't listen to a coach anyway;) , unless you can provide a lot of incentive for them to.) Are you planning on doing this yourself?

Piece,

Stew:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts