Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Summer leagues

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Joe

There's the Surrey Sunday league, which isn't too bad. Some good teams (Div. 1 FVSL), others shocking (Div. 4). There is also the Knights league, which is mostly premier squads, or very good 1st div teams. This one has a waiting list though. Typically Thursday evening games.

TR: what do you know about the Burnaby Summer League? Who entered last summer, caliber, game days, etc.? I was thinking of entering the Royals. :confused:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The BSL

The Burnaby League is pretty good actually. There are two or three really good teams, one or two decent teams, and then some real shite(Pitt Meadows United:eek: ) The game days vary. Some Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays. No Saturday or Monday games that I can remember. The parks range from the turf in Burnaby, to Merkly park in Maple Ridge on Friday nights. Our team is trying to get that Field which would be pretty sweet. Need any other info, PM me and I'll get it for you. I think I still have the info package at home.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
both BSL and Knights League compareable

If the 'Knights League' is the same league the Rangers played in last Summer, then I would say both leagues are pretty equal. Had the chance to play in both leagues. 2-3 good teams at the top and the rest of the bunch are competitive.

Dude,

If you are havings doubts whether or not to put a team into the BSL, don't. Team I played for last year was combined of 2 premier players, 7 (or so) div one players and the rest was div 2 (approx 12) players. We finished in the top half of the league I believe. Games were not played on a certain day each week.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BSL

Our squad would be of a very similar type of mix. Mostly Royals, with a couple of Premier players, maybe an SC Storm player named Wagstaff (I know you bleed Royal Blue Waggie!!!:D ). If we want to get our team to the level we think we belong (1st div), we need to play in a slightly better league over the summer. A good portion of our team has played Premier or at least VMSL 1st anyway...also, they way our club is going these days; there is a lot of interaction between teams. I'm not too worried about the level of competition.

The other options are the Surrey Sunday league, FITS league (Vancouver), or Canlan Indoor. SSL has all Sunday games, which creates attendance problems. FITS is too far, and not very many good teams. We got booted out of Canlan for partaking in a brawl (just a little one). The BSL seems like the best option.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, in your opinion, where are Cities like Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge- and if we enter- Surrey located? :confused:

sfutypesaren'tasbrightastheyshouldbe.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ever heard of the GVRD?

I'll give you Surrey and the Pitt, but last I heard Coquitlam and PoCo are pretty fcukin' far from Chilliwack and Abbotsford. I don't know of many people who would be willing to drive all the way to Richmond and Ladner from Surrey on a Thursday night to play in the "Knights League".

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The GVRD is part of the Fraser Valley. Did anybody ask about Chilliwack and Abbotsford? No. He asked about the Fraser Valley, and Coquitlam-Maple Ridge is all part of the Fraser Valley. Sorry Simba. If there were any leagues we knew of out that way, we'd surely mention them. I think there is one in Langley, but I'm not familiar.

Seems to me you're practicing your debating skills for B-Comm class. You need more practice. ;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCSL not to Bad, if you like No Tackling

You get lots of time on the ball, no one will slide, and you can prance around like knvb on the ball.

Mabey this is where the Winter Ball vs Summer Ball thread is going to start.

With all the players that can't win in the winter talk about how much better the coast league is to the winter leagues.

It may be better than the valley but not Vancouver:D

HOSlikesplayinginthemud.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Untill they move the official season to summer, winter will always be more competitive...summer is just to keep in shape and try guys out.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Untill they move the official season to summer, winter will always be more competitive...summer is just to keep in shape and try guys out.

And here I thought it was just to drink beers:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course

For sure to drink beers, and get really bad sunburns! It is the time of the year that our wives think they're getting us back, only to have us rip their hearts out again!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCSL

HOS, it's true that the Metro League is tougher and more gruelling of a schedual... but as far as this,
With all the players that can't win in the winter talk about how much better the coast league is to the winter leagues.
WTF???:confused: who can't win in the winter and has been talking about the summer footy being of a better caliper??? Granted guys like Knvb who won last years golden boot shine (see below), you don't pick up as many knocks training and playing on beautiful pitches week in week out!!! I for one think the Metro League is the top amature league in the country because of the rivalries between clubs and pride its individuals have!!! Week in week out you never know what to expect (ie) injuries, pitch conditions, weather etc... if anything the PCSL offers quality soccer with consistentcy... to win that League you must beat the top teams by travelling over to the Island, up to the Okanagan and down the I-5 once a season...in the Metro League you have to worry about every single match and grind out a draw once in a while... (9 months is a long haul compared to 3 months)...

for these reasons I believe the Metro League is much more difficult to win... that said the PCSL is a good League to play in the summer!!! I enjoy the soccer and the couple of road trips we go on with the mens and womens teams... (kind of like my College/University days);)

GuinnessenjoystrainingongrasspitchesratherthanGRAVAL!!!:)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch Tan

Hey that was in mid-August !!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
BTW, why does Marty make us wear jersy's and you just get to paint a number on your back??? Oh, and vise versa when we are in red kit!!!:p

HosthinksPCSLissoftbecauseheplaysforKhalsa!!!:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS win with Khalsa

HOS thinks the PCSL is fun, because you can play at Swangard in the Challenge Cup finals, without playing a game all season for that team.
You can then stone the Exporers and Seattle to win the Cup with Khalsa and get a plaque from Len like Dougie did.

Now that is a classic, great league.

Hey Dougie I think I saw you on the Simpsoms the other night, sorry that kid has more colour than you.

A tip from a Scottsman for a cheap tan, take a hot shower once in a while.

HOS:p

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts