Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stupid Movie Saturday

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I dragged kurgan out on Saturday to catch some low brow comedy at a matinee price at Tinsel town. I was thinking something along the lines of Dicky Roberts, former Child star. Not too much thinking involved, and if you set your standards low enough, there might actually be some funny parts.

Along this vein, I have seen such classics as Undercover Brother, Duece Bigalow, Male Gigalo, Johnny English and Starship Troopers. Well at the last minute, kurgs decided that he just want up to David Spade for 2 hours, so we made a last minute change of plans and went to see " Once upon a time in the Midlands" It was billed as a new british comedy, starring Riobert Carlyle ( of Full Monty fame )and Rhys Ifans ( of Notting Hill fame ). I like British Humor, so I figured, why not.

The first thing I must say is that its not a fcuking comedy at all, but the story of some silly woman who must choose between her edgy and dangerous ( read: good-for-nothing criminal ) ex husband or her putzy spineless moron of a new fella with a steady paycheck.

Who do you suppose she picked?

Take a pass on this one !
:rolleyes:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
schoolboy error..........

All you needed to do was ask. I'm always available for consultation, Hammers. For a small fee, of course.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
School of Rock

Saw this Jack Black Classic on saturday.
Had some very amusing parts in a mindless G rated kind of way.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The RunDown

Starring Spiffler and the Rock.

Well worth the $6 at Tinseltown. It was pretty funny for the first half, and a bit cheesy for the second in an everybody lives happily ever after kind of way. There were some great fight sequences though, as well as some moderately humerous quips.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elf

This weeks installment Elf, starring Will Ferrell & James Caan.

It is a classic Saturday Night Live silly movie. The first half has some pretty funny parts as Buddy the elf hits New York. The last half is dedicated to the Spirit of Christmas and isnt as funny. The typical tried and true hero saves christmas formula.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0