Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Squamish Tourney

Badley

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trying to find out who to contact to enter a team into the Squamish Tourney. Anyone know where to start?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chief Kickitfar

He is the one that organizes the tourney, but I think his assist. is Dan Wonatackle.

Other then them I don't know who to talk to.

HOSmadeasave:cool:

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Badley

stsss@shaw.ca

This e-mail belongs to a guy named Tom. I believe he is the man!

He has been the contact for all the Westside teams so far...

out!

Badley

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should have known...

HOS - I should have know it was those guys. I 'll ask Dances with Balls to track these guys down.

Meanwhile, Besty, thanks for the info. Should be easier finding these guys with your info than HOS's.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caution

Teams entering the tournament need to be aware, that all the winners from last year have not received their monies. The winner of the men's open just got paid before xmas, after many threatening phone calls. To the best of my knowledge some teams have still not been paid! I wonder if they will enter/be invited. The mens open winner from last year won't be!

Good Luck!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squeamish

Tom is Tom Johnstone (Chief Kickitfar). He has been organizing this tournament for as long as I can remember, with a lot of the rest of the Squeamish United boys putting in time on it as well. Contact info as previously mentioned is correct.

Stew:cool:

(who has a team and is looking for O-30's players for it)

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squish Tourney, Does anyone know for sure that the tourney is still on? and if so what date is it on? I heard a rumor that Ole Tome was in a bit of trouble and that the tourney may not be going ahead as planned. Anyone shed any light on this? Coveside maybe?

Badley

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Ole Tom doesn't seem to be too worried about the law or any other trouble he might be in. There was an ad in the Province sports section on Monday, looking for teams for the tourney. He also emailed me the other day saying that there were 3 open men's spots, and 6 over 30 spots left.

It's a fun tourney, providing the weather doesn't get completely out of hand like last year, but it sounds like there have been some real problems with exchanges of prize money. I've been burned for $$$ by people before (taking team league fees and f*%#ing off with it instead of paying it to the league). Unless anyone can disprove the rumors about last years prize money not being paid, I'm a little skeptical about bucking up this year. I don't feel like bankrolling Tom's Bermuda holiday.

Pylon

Nov 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about the fields?

Those pitches were destroyed last year; I'd find it hard to believe that they've been able to make them playable.

As for money, who really cares. You get three games in 2 days - maybe even 4 or 5 if you do well. So the entry fee is no big deal. Having 11 players and then having to play at 10am, 2pm, and then the next morning at 8:30am - that hurts.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draw

Not sure exactly when Tommy's doing the draw, but definitely within the next couple of days. He called me yesterday and left a message to that effect, and also that he was still waiting to confirm some teams.

Stew:cool:

#7 enough said

Apr 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
draw

I have heard that the draw has taken place can anyone with the schedule please post it up on here so we know whats going on with this squamish tourny. Hopefully the weather permits this year otherwise the tournament will be mud soccer like last year :)

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squamish Draw

One of the four groups...

POCO City (which team?)
Freybe Vikings (NS summer squad)
Akal (again?)
Bombastic (VMSL div2)

anyone else?

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squampton Draw

Kenny,

thanks for the update... I guess that makes them favourites then.

Do you play for them?

Toze

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While this thread may have developed into a something beyond it's original purpose, I'll continue anyways.

Squamish was far better this year for two reasons: (1) the weather and (2) the reduced number of teams. With fewer teams entered no one had to travel to other parks to play -- rather, everyone was able to freely enjoy the beer garden all afternoon.

It was nice to see some familiar faces up there -- the JB's were in our group, however none from TTP were to be found (didn't see Dazza either, although 'Lomas seemed to be all over the place). The JB's made out of our group (Bimini's 2W 1L, JB's 2W 1L, Van Only 2W 1L, Sikh Temple 3L) thanks to a late 2nd half guff by Melanidis. Through the tie-breaker procedure, the JB's when through with the lowest goals against: 1 to Bimini's 2 and Van Only's 2.

So . . . who won it all?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts