Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Squamish Soccerfest 2012

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jaguars are heading up
Can anyone suggest a good hotel?

I hope it warms up a bit this year, but, the weather we are having right now...who knows?!

S14

klons

Feb 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brew Pub has an extremely small amount of rooms and is the furthest hotel in town from the fields.

Sandman (formerly Holiday Inn Express) and Best Western (formerly Mountain Retreat) are the two closest to the fields. The Sea to Sky and Executive Suites are a little further down the highway (towards Whistler) are the only two other real options in town. The Inn on the Water is also around, but to the best of my knowledge gets locked up at night so theres no in and out.

For those that usually stay at the Sea to Sky Hotel, the Grizzly Bar as of now is shut down, so alternate night time plans would need to be made.

Oh, and for Peter and the Socceroos, new ownership/management at the Sandman means you aren't blacklisted there anymore after your last night in town :rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
executive inn...brand spankin' new, is where we booked!
Grizzly shut down?

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
where else is there to go really?
the Chieftain?

There are 5 bars total in Squampton. Shady Tree, Ocean Port, Brew Pub, Cliffside, and the Chieftan... haven't heard of anyone of them having a soccer party yet though...

klons

Feb 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Shady Tree was supposed to be doing something for the weekend. Ocean Port is also shut down as they reno'd it into a liquor store instead. Brew Pub is the same as always, same with the Cliffside. Chieftan... I would stay away from.

Shady Tree/Brew Pub are the only actual options in town, but I don't really consider either one "late night" options.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is always Whistler. I heard they have the odd fun 'evening entertainment' establishment. Hoping they have a shuttle bus from the Beer Garden straight up to Buffalo Bills.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
lookin' like a fairly decent Saturday weather wise but Sunday it is supposed to rain
pack your parka

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
my first sun burn of the season...thank you Squampton sunshine!

the wind showed up for a bit but otherwise...great day for footy...beauty location!

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A big Thank You you all the teams who donated money to the Socceroos beer fund by participating at this years Squampton tourney....shame we couldnt win the finals and buy hookers and blow for the team.

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope the winners bought the lino on their side a few more sodas and hot dogs after the game. At last count he had 4 hot dogs, 3 pops and managed to zap out 12 text messages during the match. Who said officials couldnt multi-task? Shaking his hand after the match I couldnt tell who was more drunk, my coach or the lino. And for the tourney execs asking who the best ref was, heres a tip, all of them. All equally tragic. Thanks for the sun burn Squampton. Off to my job eh green irish team who made sure everyone knew they had employment after one their teammates fell down and went boom........ PS im half irish you pr@ts, and yes its the good half. Try the Squamton Ultimate Festival next year. PSS- to their Goalie who looked like Sloth.....ehhhhh you guyyyyyssssssssss

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope the winners bought the lino on their side a few more sodas and hot dogs after the game. At last count he had 4 hot dogs, 3 pops and managed to zap out 12 text messages during the match. Who said officials couldnt multi-task? Shaking his hand after the match I couldnt tell who was more drunk, my coach or the lino. And for the tourney execs asking who the best ref was, heres a tip, all of them. All equally tragic. Thanks for the sun burn Squampton. Off to my job eh green irish team who made sure everyone knew they had employment after one their teammates fell down and went boom........ PS im half irish you pr@ts, and yes its the good half. Try the Squamton Ultimate Festival next year. PSS- to their Goalie who looked like Sloth.....ehhhhh you guyyyyyssssssssss

Baby Ruth?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts