Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Squamish - May 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
need players for this...

Spurs in as well (over 30's and over 40's) but drastically in need of players for our over 30's team, so we can pummel Meralomas in our first game:D Please contact me about this if you are interested........

Stew (now WAAAAAAYYYY over 30....):cool:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a sh*t load of Cougars from Richmond will be there...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Have a blast and be good all!:wa:

+SCwillmissthedrunkfestagain:(

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GRRRRRRrrrrr??????

:confused:

Was I not supposed to mention pummelling the 'lomas? I could add that we need players for our second game to help pummel Sportstown as well....:D (and for Sunday, too)

Stew:cool: (waaaaay too old to be cougar bait anymore....)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beef Stew...

You're never too old for courgar bait, if they're all horned up and ready to go, there's a slight chance you'll get a bit of somethin' somethin' !:D

Good luck, buying someone a few beers could change your life this weekend:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: Either that, or whispering sweet nothings into an ear could help as well...trust me;)

+SCwithbadadvice:eek:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
flattered, but......

SC- While I know that as a guy there's no such thing as bad attention, what's a courgar?;) You're right, though; that was bad advice, even if I'd tried to do it with a cheesy French accent.

Actually, I gave up trolling for cougars a while ago when I found out that most of them were actually the same age as I was....Aside from that, Mrs. Stew won't let me bring them home anymore, even just to compare notes on my bad behaviour.:D

I's just lookin' for more players for my team.....:rolleyes:

Piece,

Stew :cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
okay.....you looka lika man

I tell you everyting...........;)

Have you heard that twice?

maybe they have two teams, like we (almost) do? Captain - are you playing for anybody up there this weekend?

P i e c e of what?

SC - Just my little twisted way with the Ingalish language. Also my "supposed to be meaningful" little message in response to the Iraqi "war." Piece of territory, piece of a human body, piece of history [missing or stolen], piece of pizza, homonymic piece for peace, etc..... No real significance in the context of cougars (or courgars); just the way I've been signing off my posts since Dubbya decided to start playing with his boom-boom toys.

BTW, I'm still looking for players for the tournament.....:rolleyes:

piece,

Stew:cool:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
too tired...

Is everyone too tired or hung to post tonight? I want to know the juicy details so I don't have to spend an arm, a leg and a sister to call Canada at this hour!:D

How was the cougar hunt, someone other than Stew can fill me in.;)

+SCwhodoesn'twanttomissanything:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain - are you playing for anybody up there this weekend?

Sorry for the late reply, Stew. No, I didn't play for anyone this weekend. How did the tournament go? Who were the winners in the respective groups?

Captain

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cougar hunting

SC - didn't make it to the OP this year; we closed down the Grizzly, conducting interesting experiments in sociology, especially with the too-high quotient of referees present. It was actually more amusing in the beer garden watching the 'Lomas women showing us their underwear (hasn't anybody at that club come up with the idea of orange thongs yet? It would be a natural progression:rolleyes: ) intentionally and otherwise. Silly oranges.....:D

Didn't actually witness a lot of the 2:30 beer goggle desparation that usually accompanies a trip to Squamish - maybe everybody still has SARS on the brain. Just a little bit of fondling going on in the bar; no table dances this year. I'm sure that there were still a few new meaningful short-term relationships consummated, though....:rolleyes:

Captain - couldn't stay long enough for the awards (in other words, we didn't win), so I'm not sure who beat who in the finals. Squamish Khalsa looked like they were on the way to another open title, though (saw them win a game on penalties); and I saw Norvan beat Cougars in an pretty good O30's game. O40's looked like the locals as well (Carneys [sp?] and Ellis). I got stuck in goal for Killarney for half of a game against Ellis (don't let my physio know about this; she'll kill me), gammy leg and all, after they ran out of bodies to borrow. Only had to pick the ball out of the net 3 times (now I know how Keeper and HOS feel....:p ) and it did make the beer taste a bit better Sunday afternoon knowing I actually earned one (okay, 5)...

Main thing was that it was nice to be able to get a foot in a game again after over 2 months off, even if I have to wait till Kamloops to get into a tournament again.

Piece,

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As always, Squamish was a good time to be had by all. At least for me, anyways . . . and that's what's most important.

As luck would have it I was given the opportunity to kick about with the two-time champs, over-30's Coogars, since the Westside men were no-shows to the tournament (a continuation from the regular season, I suppose :eek: ). Sharing the keeping duties with a Italian premier-has been ;) gave me the time to consider a permanent move to the Coogar squad for years to come -- even at 32, they made me feel like a 29 year old again.

The wind, sun, and rain all waxed and waned throughout the weekend -- mostly in favour of the sun and wind, thankfully. The fields looked sharp -- the best in years, really -- but the goal mouths were hard like concrete. Officiating was sharp, and the birds were great entertainment (a particular favourite was the tank-top team -- particulary once it began to rain :eek: ).

As for the final results: I've got no clue. Europas (based on a German/Lobban's foundation) looked the sharpest in our group. But then, who cares? The familiar refrain was oft heard from team to team: "Even though we didn't make it through, I'm glad we get to go home early. Fcuk, I'm tired."

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
squeamish

Keeper:

Just got off the phone with Brian Hoffmann (Europa); he told me that they lost out on penalties to Firemen (not sure which flavour) in the semi's. ($!@#$!!! had the nerve to tell me that he's raising the cost of the Amalgamation Cup to $35 this year).

Curious - was that you in goal for Coogars against Norvan? With the Ollie Kahn jersey? Tough luck with that wee Ginger guy causing your back line fits.:D They borrowed one of my guys who came up too late to play in our game (nice guy, but not an impact player). I knew the game was over when Stevie went to the sideline and settled down with his spits.

Did you hear the story behind the ref who got fired? Apparently he came out onto the field with a beer in hand to do a game after having closed down Grizzly's the night before. Chief Kickitfar was not impressed and so canned him on the spot. Got to hear all about it again tonight from Alex Bell:rolleyes:

The birds in the tanktops weren't bad at all; I had just forgotten to mention them in my hung over haze.;).

Not sure what happened to Westside; I know that some of their O30 guys were playing for 'Lomas.

Agreed - even though I wasn't (and shouldn't have been) playing (my stinkout in goal for half a game doesn't really count), I still had a good time too, even with the damage my wallet sustained.

Piece,

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it was me. Although it helped me in the game one PK's, it was no match for the game 3 OG. Frustrating to say the least.

I too saw some over-30 Westsiders (Bulldogs) with the Lomas. Almost broke my heart. ;)

Didn't hear you mention what group you were with . . .

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stewage...

I'm sorry to say but the Lomas women's teams only wear boxers, mens knickers, that is.:eek:

Good ref stories, it must be the same dude that they import for the interior tournaments...:rolleyes:

+stilllaughingabouttheshorttermrelationships:D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cocoa no-go this time

saw at least 2 wearing thongs (or at least with major wedgies) - and my memory wasn't that hazy at the time, because I had witnesses (most of the beer garden) who saw them being flashed and rumps being shaken.:D Unfortunately, the digital camera was left at home.:rolleyes:

Not sure who Super-ref was; he's a fairly stocky/fat guy with curly blond hair; thinning on top but nearly mullet-length in the back. He had a bird under each arm (not sure if by their choice) at Grizzly's after showing up with a different one altogether (the keeper for one of the women's O30 teams; she wasn't a small person herself); was picking fights there (according to Alex and Hollywood), and was generally obnoxious to one and all. Trouble was, he appeared to be having a very good time doing it. I thought that I'd run into (or over) nearly all of the refs in the area (comes from having had Rene as a neighbour:rolleyes:)), but this guy was new to me.

The guy who did Keeper's game that I saw was real special, too. In our first game, our keeper was introducing himself to the backline while doing up his gloves when reffy-boy squibbed his whistle so quietly that only people within 3 feet heard him. Their alert striker saw him off his line and chipped him from 50 yards out - 1-0 down after 10 seconds. Our deaf boy in goal goes flying out and gets himself the first yellow of the tournament for complaining that he wasn't asked if he was ready. Shocking display of bad manners, really, more than anything else.:eek:

Kamloops, here we come.....

Piece,

Stew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0