Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Spurs Erik Edman's screamer

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I almost fell out of Sids mums bed when I first saw this strike on Saturday morning... (Dazza must have shat himself)... After seeing it again and again, I still can't believe how perfectly struck it was... 35 yards is a long way out, but I honestly do not think anyone in the world could possibly have stopped it... Unbelievable...
What is more unbelievable is I just finished watching Sportsnets top 10 plays and it finished 4th on the list...:( Behind a diving catch in baseball, a routine ground ball play turned spectacular after the ball was played with the glove hand and a fcuking slam dunk in basketball (doesn't that happen like 30 times a game?) :rolleyes:
It's embarassing how unimportant the worlds game is to the Canadian media!!!

football mad, Guinness

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't really understand the slam dunk thing myself. holly shite he just scored from an inch away from the hoop what a "slama jama". I rather see a guy knocking down 3 pointers all day I thought 3 points were better then 2 but I have been wrong many times before. I don't think many people in canada really understand how amazing some of soccer highlights really are. hockey players constantly say to me how come the score isn't like 7-6 in soccer the nets are so big how do people miss..wankers

B

Blahzay

Go to any high school in BC and you'll be hard pressed to find more than 5 people who can actually dunk a basketball. Let me guess, we have a couple of horse jockey's here who are mad because they can't touch rim, let alone the net. Come on guys, if Nate Robinson and Spud Webb can do it why can't you, you just have to believe. But no you're right, watching a 6'2 Baron Davis slama jama over a 6'11 Kevin Garnett isn't all that impressive. Sorry to interupt, as you were, something about a set of balls being dropped on somebody's dome (or was that the other thread).

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats so impressive if Garnett touches him or even breathes on him it's a foul. So yes everybody in the NBA can slam and alot of guys can jump incredibly high. How many slams are their a game 20-30 it gets a little unimpressive after a while. I just feel like every basketball highlight is the same, one guy slamming over another. soccer rules...

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive hit the nail on the head... It gets boring and loses any lustre it would have after EVERYONE else has done it before them... My point is 90% of the NBA can dunk a basketball, it's a common everyday occurance... Edman's cracker was amazing and something that just isn't appreciated by muppets like Blahzay and other 6'11" ballers!!! :rolleyes:

B

Blahzay

I haven't seen Edman's shot and I am too lazy to look for it so a link would be appreciated. Is it as nice as this volley

B

Blahzay

bulljive said:
Whats so impressive if Garnett touches him or even breathes on him it's a foul.
Yeah I guess impressive is watching some flake with a mullet named Fabio roll around on the pitch for 5 mins. looking like he's in need of a hospital... oh wait he's fine and suddenly up again making full sprints. To me that kind of shite is an embarassment to all athletes, and all humans for that matter. Once I see that i usually turn the game off in disgust. It gives the sport of soccer a bad name, when I tell people I play soccer all I hear is that it's a pussy sport when we all know it is a physical and tough game, it's cause of pansies like Fabio. Anyways I love the game of soccer just needed to vent.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
watching some flake with a mullet named Fabio roll around on the pitch for 5 mins. looking like he's in need of a hospital... oh wait he's fine and suddenly up again making full sprints.

Just a quick comment on this point, as I've been asked the same thing from lots of my non-soccer friends...

Sometimes a player gets a knock which stings/hurts for a few seconds... but the pain goes away soon and you get up and go on, so people assume you were faking the whole time. Just think of what happens when you're walking real fast and stub your toe on a table or something... everyone does the same thing: hold your foot and jump around screaming and yelling :p Everybody can relate to this... and 2 minutes later you are fine and you forget about it. Now imagine you are running full-sprint and a slow mucker of a defenceman (ie. Fenian :D ) kicks you as hard as he can... it will sting for a bit. But you get up and move on... doesn't mean you were fakin' to start with.

My point: most soccer players are not faking when they get chopped... a very few roll around to draw a card from the ref but thats the minority.

Sage out.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Sage
(ie. Fenian :D )
but thats the minority.
There you go again, bringing fenian's name into it when you're talking rascism!!! Shame on you, that's offside... :rolleyes:

BTW, Blahzay thanks for your vent that must fall under the category of "worst piss take ever"!!! MUPPET!!! ;)

B

Blahzay

Sorry Guinness, maybe if I could learn how to use a dozen winks and smiley faces in all of my posts I could be as funny as you... fu*kin fruitcake. I was being serious and making a point that after 15 years of playing soccer, taking liberties by over emphasizing dives and injuries is not something that I can relate too. The only funny thing about it is watching premadonna's like yourself get insecure and offended by it and change the topic to The Muppet Show.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite.

Long before, back in the day, when Guinnnes was premadonna, I actually enjoyed his company.
He played in the Surrey FC system and had one of those Glasgow hard ass shaved head haircuts.
Then, he went to Surrey United.
Next thing you know at the Rangers Supporters Club matches he fcuking shows up wearing this little top hat and rags are hanging off his shirt, which had this paisley vest over top of the shirt, high flood pants, and converse high tops.
The icing on the cake is he's waving this sign:
'Desperately seeking Rangerforever'.
I fcuking had to dive under the table and hide.
Amongst those Huns at the Orangemen's Lodge there was no way I was joining him at that lonely table.
At fcuking half time he sticks these ear phones on and starts dancing around singing 'Get into the Groove'.
I bolted when he went to the can.
I could see the Huns getting weary of it.
Fcuk offski said I.

Then it became tiring.
EVERY fcuking game he'd pop in and say hi after in the changeroom while I had to listen for hours on whatever Madonna had done that week.
Telling me how 'Crazy for you' had some fcuking hidden message in it or something.
I do have to admit when he brought out that fcuking coffee book of her's one day, cracker, the lads actually warmed up to him for a moment.

As time went on and Madonna got older, Guinness finally went on to other issues and preferences in life.
He's more tolerable now.
Jumping ship from SU and getting some deserved PT he began to become himself again.
I suppose I have the lads at Peace Arch to thank for that.

I'm glad that phase is over and he's now close to being postmadonna.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0