Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Sportstown Advertising Pisses Me Off

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I the only person sick and tired of Sportstown advertising their facility on the threads?

Why would anyone buy time in this place when they are the competition?

Go back to advertising at the Nations Cup, at least there you can claim you have Nations Cup MVP'er Aaron Zader working for you.

BTW, the massive amount of mold on the ceiling of the bubble really has to go.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crabby Appleton

WAB,

Why have you assumed such an Archie Bunker role? You're young and healthy. Life is good. Yes it is unfortunate that you are of German and Italian heritage, perhaps Irish as well, but you must learn to live with life's trials and tribulations.

When you look up at the ceiling at Sportstown and see mold, look at it from another perspective. That mold is alive and growing. It isn't dead. It's a pretty green and brown and grey. It's holding the ceiling together preventing it from collapsing on you and your friends. Isn't that better?

Now face the day with a deep breath and a new outlook.

I love life!:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taking Pleasures in Life

Ballbaby,

When you put it that way, things aren't all that bad. My perspective will change. Lets see......

Oh, the $150 for 1 hour; this isn't an expensive rip-off. This is helping some poor entrepreneur line his pockets so he can buy his precious daughter that new porsche for her 16th birthday. She is happy and thus the family unit stays together.

Basically, I can become a philanthropist.:D Helping families and people in need is what I am all about.....3 sessions a week, please!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
huh?

This is helping some poor entrepreneur line his pockets so he can buy his precious daughter
I don't have a daughter nor a son that I'm aware of for that matter?!?!?!

~TBwhowondersifhemissedsomeadvertisinggoingonhereinTTP

:confused:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

It is very subtle advertising.....kind of like subliminal......think of those pink uniforms they wear. If you stare at them long enough you will see they are trying to say, "come to Sportstown".

Didn't you learn anything in Grade 11 marketing?

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boys, Boys, Boys,

There's no need to be so hostile. The occasional plug for Sportstown is merely someone just trying to help out those poor people who are stuck practicing on shite parks in the cold and then have to drink in the parking lot in the freezing cold. If you enjoy that then, by all means ingore the message.

As far as the pink uniforms goes.......THEY'RE NOT PINK!!! They're RED!!!! Besides, as long as we stay UNDIFEATED then we don't care what any of you say!

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan said it too

Kurgan,

Didn't you just say it too:D

Zeus,

What is wrong with drinking in the rain, it builds character and team unity!! It also keeps the pint cold (this is just an added bonus)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side shop

In Surrey we learn to drink at the side of the road at a very early age! To stop now would mean a complete life change that Im Just not ready for. besides I just went out and bought new Beer drinking gloves.

KNVBthinksdrinkinginsideisoverrated!

:rolleyes:

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aye drinking outside does keep your pints cold that is an added bonus, but sometimes you just want to go where everybody knows your name and their troubles are all the same. i wish we could at least say that there are hot waitresses for us to stare at but unfortunately there isn't. The pink unis are clutch though, thats how we recruit players. They fall into the subliminal messages and just want to come to Sportstown. WAB what the **** are you crying about if you don't like Sportstown or their high prices then **** off and go train elsewhere in the rain if you prefer. There must be a reason that you train there other than our subliminal advertising.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Train there? With you?!

I don't want to speak for Bob but I bet he does't train there cause there's a chance he might see one of you Wankers!

I think this whole thread is one big advertisment! and Bob started it cause of the damn pink Uni's!!! The message on the front says come here but on the back it say's shamelessly(sp) promote our place.

KnvbhopesRegskill'sthisthreadASAPbeforemorearesuckedin:mad:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What times are available

Could someone from Sports Town send me some info on the prices and times for the great complex.

It is silly to think that this is an attempt to advertise for a complex that is located in Richmond on No. 5 road and has a Bar and Sports store.

I have only seen it mentioned in the paper three times that the Ravens are having there training camp there, and no-one has started a thread about the complex.

HOS:D

AJ could you get the owner to send the cheque to my home address not T.O.:eek:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW

I didn't know so many people felt so passionately about Sports Town.

I don't practice there....never have. Girls mostly practice there. As for out in the rain...that builds character. Pink uni's build another type of character; not that there is anything wrong with it. Tennis anyone? I hear Miloch is the facilitiy's pro.

As for the Town, advertise elsewhere.....there is no free advertising on this thread. Well....except for on this thread.

:confused:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See!

See Regs it starts slow and snowballs (another good name for Big at the Back line)from there. This thread must die before we all end up at the cool bar and sports shop on No. 5 rd with free parking in the rear (which should intrest the I-ties):D

AHHHHtheyhavemedoingit!:mad:

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes please kill all this talk. I may not be ablt to keep my spot on the sqaud if everyone decides to come to Sportstown. Plus we may not be able to get a table at the pub if everyone starts to go there. Regs are we the first team to have a whole thread dedicated to themselves? I think its kind of flattering.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's this all about?

Why the hell is anyone even debating with these clowns in pink from toontown? Have you all gone mad!!! I'm sure after another 4 games in the league (and when there little undefeated streak ends) all the talk about pink uni's and warm fuzzy indoor facilities (with padded rooms) will be over....

I'm praying it all ends soon and Regs abolishes shite like this!!!:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah yes.......

WAB,

Yes, Marketing 11 with Mr. Corbett. Not the most exciting man on the planet.....

As for Sportstown, the pub, they really should learn to reward teams that go there every week. Last year, when I played in the best league on the planet, Richmond Town practiced there because one of our players was a ST memeber. Not once did they throw a free jug on the table despite there being at least 12 guys there EVERY Thursday night. Personally, believe it or not, I drank water all year there, as a matter of principle of course.

As for drinking in the parking lot/back alley, there really is nothing better. Put the touque(sp?), winter Adidas jacket, and track pants on and drink away. It also brings money into the team that you are a part of. Can I guess that Sportstown players don't pay a cent to play? That must be the case if you're supporting the bar as often as you say you are.

It is a good complex but nothing beats training outdoors because after all, you play all your league/cup games, outdoors.

Captain

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Facility

With all the self promotion going on around here, I would like to take this opportunity to pimp another fine sports related establishment.

It's called,.........SAPPER TOWN.

Sapper town sports facility is the pride of New Westminster. It boasts a covered field,... covered with Baseball diamond and rat shite that is. It's drainage system is unique. A series of grooves funnel water to the central ditch which in turn directs the water downhill and deposits it into a small pool of quicksand in front of the "Columbia Street goal". It is suggested that when taking throw-ins on the non b-ball diamond side, a player should try to keep it low so as not to disturb the birds nesting in one of the many tree branches which hang over the field. It is also a good idea not to kick the ball onto Columbia St. as I can tell you from experience that for that ball, it's "NEXT STOP SURREY!" The locals are incredibly friendly and helpful. The O-30's team which will have been drinking since their game ended at noon are only too eager to offer all kinds of advice to young players in their colourful New West dialect.

Sapper town boasts impressive medical facilities. If a player is ever seriously injured, he simply has to hobble accross the road to Royal Columbian Hospital where he need only wait in line behind New West's impressive compliment of heroin overdose victims.

Sapper town has ample parking if you don't mind climbing the equivalent of Mt. Everest after a hard game to get to your car. You may also park in front of the Hospital, however if you are a chinese guy driving a Porche, please avoid parking your brand new sports car upside down or else the attending Fire Fighters will laugh at you. Believe me, I have seen it.

Sapper town isn't just a soccer facility, it is much much more. I bet Sportstown doesn't have monkey bars and a small waterpark. Their loss. I'm sure they also don't have the kind of extra curricular entertainment that Sapper town possesses. If a player becomes bored of the game he's playing in, he can always watch the menagerie of life taking place through the patio windows of the apartments only a throw-in away. Take your pick between the arguing alchoholic couple, the swearing old lady, the shirtless skid casing your parked car or the big fat retarded kid on the third floor who likes to sing Loverboy songs at the top of his lungs for your entertainment, God bless him. Whenever the play ventures into the baseball diamond on particularly dry dusty days, it's always fun to play a little game of, "Where the hell did everybody go",...so much fun.

There is a lovely little pub adjacent to the field called the Fireside Inn. Please enjoy it's warm hospitality but always remember, don't look the locals in the eye and sit with your back to the wall. Also, and I can't stress this enough, never ever ever, laugh at the Karaoke. To avoid a knifing, the dank, cold change rooms are an excellent alternative for drinking, just remember, they close at 5 a.m. although one of the numerous local booze cans will no doubt accomodate the thirstier athlete patrons of Sapper Town.

All are welcome.

photo courtesy of Franz Bakingpowder

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts