Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sportsnet 650

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CISL AM 650 has been purchased by Roger's Media and is the new home of Canucks games next Fall.

Apparently station will also air Blue Jays.

TSN and Sportsnet going head to head in the same market... going to be interesting.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was waiting for this to happen although I thought they'd just convert one of the stations they already own to the new format...like news1130. Be interesting to see where people end up. Rintoul and Schaad are back as TSN has the radio for Lions and Caps but w the Nucks going to Rogers I expect we'll see some movement. And not to mention the people in the business who have been forced out like Solkowski and Foxman.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great article this morning in the Province lining up who will go where.

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/sports-talk-showdown-vancouver-set-to-become-radioactive-monday

For me, not a lot of talent going over to 650 that I like listening to; I do like James Cybulski, and have a feeling I'd rather listen to him than Bro and Pratt. Besides, the only personality that's grown on me on that morning show was Sat (Satiar Shah) when he produced and chimed in. Added some very good personality in taking Pratt on. Now he's gone, and with him, the only enjoyable part of the show.

Scott Rintoul is a very good and knowledgeable broadcaster, but I find him almost impossible to listen to...except when he's talking football. Then I can tune his voice and style out, and appreciate his extremely high knowledge of the game, both CFL and NFL. Same w/ Bob Marjanovich. Actually, almost the exact same. It's so much that I now often turn off the radio even when Donny is on. Really miss Barry. Apparently he's having a very tough time with depression, and hope for the best. I don't wish that on anyone.

I've become a big fan of the Matt Sekeres and Blake Price show. Love how Price winds up Matt. So good. By Friday they are so ready for a break from one another, LOL.

Supper happy for Mike Halford and Jason Brough getting their own gig in a great time slot. I love listening to these guys, they are different, break the rules, crack me up, and have fantastic contacts. The totally break up the same-old. I know Seinsai Hanson no longer graces our presence here, but really happy for him that he's been able to make a career out of following his true passion. If we could all be so lucky...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, no Dan Russell. Why would there be? If anything, he had the baby boomers, and that was it. Completely failed at transitioning his style to a younger audience. Casualty in the wake of change.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mike Halford and Jason Brough- Great start. Poll: should they take callers?

"Um, I dunno....sometimes the callers call in, and they just kinda make you sad..."

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, no Dan Russell. Why would there be? If anything, he had the baby boomers, and that was it. Completely failed at transitioning his style to a younger audience. Casualty in the wake of change.

The pauser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RIP, he was very good! Made Dan's show, IMO. Without him, it floundered. Dan on his own was so bad, grumpy all the time in trying to be "above" schoolyard humor, unfunny, and uncreative.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts