Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

South Burnaby youth soccer Tournament

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The weekend of March 19,20 and 21 was South Burnaby Tournament, it was fun to see lots of sides from Valley,Surrey and Pit Meddows. We even got to see Mr Dail Mitchel coach in youth.
There were some verry good sides. The sides from Surrey that played in Bronze level were much stronger than the sides fro Burnaby Vancouver an Cliff. It must be due to bigger number of kids trying out. Siver one sides and gold sides held their own against the Valley sides.

Big huge thanks goes to all the folks from South Burnaby Club. Well done job.
Cheers we see you next year again. What do you other Coaches parent or Managers got to say about the Tournament.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tournament was good. It is always interesting to see who brings what team especially at the very early age.
I heard some scores of 40 nothing out there.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao that would be unheard of. Would you take out a player or two to make it fair play.
Some how that to seams bit rubbish or is there guys out there that would do that?

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed. My boys reported nothing but great things about the tourny - although some proper warm-up time would have been nice. Great organization, and smoothly run from what I saw at the one game I was able to attend.

Well done SBMC, well done.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was a warmup pitch on the side of field three. Behind the small sided game. We used it. It would be nice to see someone sever BBQ ribs and beer in the closed area. That might bring way more clubs next year. I even Saw Mitchells youth club beat his Pit Meddow boys. That gave the Grandview boys first spot in their group. You can see huge improvment from Pit Meddow side since Mitchell took over as a coach or a cocoach.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not?

Seriously...not TTPing here, but aren't we just a little too wound up about what we expose our kids to? For some reason, a beer at a kids sporting event is taboo here. I don't get it.

Go anywhere in Europe, and it is simply accepted commonplace to have a beer or wine while watching sports. No big deal.

Plus, lots of hockey rinks in town have the pub upstairs w/ viewing area. I enjoyed a beer w/ Coach not long back while watching our kids play. Not much different.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not?

Seriously...not TTPing here, but aren't we just a little too wound up about what we expose our kids to? For some reason, a beer at a kids sporting event is taboo here. I don't get it.

Go anywhere in Europe, and it is simply accepted commonplace to have a beer or wine while watching sports. No big deal.

Plus, lots of hockey rinks in town have the pub upstairs w/ viewing area. I enjoyed a beer w/ Coach not long back while watching our kids play. Not much different.

When I am faced with these types of scenarios I ask myself WWJD? :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of all people to ask why not...

If you think parents are over-the-top now with the screaming and yelling, just add a bit of alcohol to the mix and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts