Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some Dude went pro in Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Former Westside FC and Vancouver Thunderbirds player Gee Kyunghun has joined Hong Kong Premier League side BC Rangers on a professional contract.

He played for Kitsap Pumas in the USL PDL after his stint in Vancouver, and then appeared on a reality TV show in South Korea for talented footballers who didn't get a professional break, which was coached by two former South Korean World Cup players. From that, he made a move to the HKPL.

dHn414Ux.jpeg

jay1220160302104549_C_00_C_1.jpg

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember this guy, he tried out with the Whitecaps and they basically said "thanks, but no thanks" and shipped him over to UBC. He played PCSL but then for whatever reason didn't enrol in UBC for winter so got sent to Westside. He was their best player for sure, but still couldn't save them from relegation.

I imagine HK "Premier" League is actually comparable in level to VMSL Premier, other than the facilities and professionalism. The level of play on the field I suspect is not vastly different. One current UBC player was in the HKPL for a couple seasons straight out of high school.

I think as Reg's newly minted thread title suggests, this is kind of non-news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0